Page 45 of 167 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    I am definitely getting a few mego style figs including the romulan. I wonder if the 1701 refit is just the 1701-A with new graphics or a whole new ship with new sounds.
    They've been previewing the TOS Enterprise for months now, so I'm assuming it's going to be that one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, thanks but I'm not interested in another 1701. It's my favorite ship thus far though (and I assume it will remain so).

I have:

NX-01
    1701-A
    1701-E

I'd buy:

Defiant in some sort of reduced scale that suggests how small it is -with a stand

Voyager - around that scale

A small Klingon BOP
    A Klingon Battle Cruiser (modern era)
    A Klingon Flag Ship

A Borg Cube (scaled down, but larger than any of the Enterprises)

A Romulan Warbird (TNG)
    A Romulan Warbird (Nemeis)
    The Scimitar (Nemesis)

A Jem Hadar Battle Cruiser
    A Jem Hadar Destroyer Craft

A Cardassian Destroyer

An Andorian Destroyer (Enterprise)
    some Xindi ships (Enterprise)

I might consider the 1701-D. *Might*

I'm sure that between Johnny Lightning, Galoob, Hallmark, or some other company, I might be able to get some of these ships I'd like. But it's not my priority to look for them right now.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They've been previewing the TOS Enterprise for months now, so I'm assuming it's going to be that one.
    Well yeah TOS 1701 and TOS 1701 Movie refit. So far I have NX-01, BD NX-01, 1701-A, BD 1701 Refit TWOK & The Search for Spock and finally 1701-E.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Where did you see a Mego-Styled Romulan amongst other figures?

I did find a picture of a bloodied-uniform WOK movie Kirk, called the "Double-Cross" from the scene where he tricks Khan. That's actually a great figure with his uniform jacket breast open.
    This is definitely going to be a Star Trek year for me. I almost crapped a galaxy class when I saw the Romulan. I have the original but he has dr mego clothes and accessories on.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../003422111.cfm

TOS 1701: http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/003422/IMG_8325.jpg

TOS movie 1701: http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/003422/IMG_8324.jpg

Whoa! McCoy, Scotty, and Wounded Khan look awesome!

I will clearly pass on the TNG First Season figures. It's not their quality. It is what they are.

I'm so going to spend so much money on TOS movie stuff and DS9 though!

Major Kira would be welcome but is noticeably lacking (as is of course O'Brien and Bashir - though that is easily fixed with recycling their bodies).

But who thinks a later DS9 wave could include Kira, O'Brien, Bashir, and DUKAT! Garack and Martok, as well as a Jem Hadar, The Founder, and Weyoun might be likely for later assortments. DEEP SPACE NINE could just get better and better!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I like TNG but later on in the show when it really got good. The Mego Romulan wasn't 100% accurate to the show but its still a cool figure.

I'm about to start re-watching my entire Star Trek anthology beginning with Enterprise. I look forward to posting my figure suggestions just because it is something to do.

I don't think I actually worry whether anyone will care, but it would be nice if they did.

I dislike Enterprise. I also have Kirk as a Romulan figure.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    I dislike Enterprise.
    It is a matter of taste and some factoring in of "forgiveness," but the very fact that Enterprise didn't resonate with many Trek fans hurt Art Asylum's sales and profitability with Star Trek.

Some Trek collectible issues might have been:

1) kids are more into video games, etc. A larger distribution of action figures was not going to sell for a majority of licensed properties. (Star Wars in 2005 especially tends to discount this though).

2) Adults, being the broader customer base for these products, were more interested in the traditional TOS (especially) than new incarnations.

Some Enterprise-specific issues were:

1) continuity problems with many hating what they saw as the rewrite of Trek history with any Enterprise other than the 1701, and problems with the Romulan encounters, etc.

2) technology issues with phasers, transporters, and shields being implemented far too quickly and with little struggle

3) Captain Archer being sort of an egg-head type versus Kirk's hard-arse, competitor style, or Picard's intellectual / explorer style

4) T'Pol being the first Vulcan serving on a human starship instead of Spock, though Spock was still the first formally StarFleet Vulcan officer.

5) An issue that Trek's production team likes to use as an excuse: The Sept 11th, 2001 attacks took wind out of Enterprise's sails because the start of the War on Terror took over all our national attention at that time and since that time.

Some also say the look of the show should have resembled TOS more closely as well. In spite of it being retro, they might've gone with an update to the cardboard set look (just made it more impressive in the hard plastic sort of detail).

Enterprise should have follow continuity without hesitation. I used to like it when it was on but after a while realized it did indeed break all the history that TOS set in stone long ago. The funny thing about the USS Defiant from the Tholian Web was that also was never mentioned in TOS. The mirror mirror episode said nothing about the Defiant from the normal universe. It was interesting to see it in the mirror universe but I'm not entirely sure if thats what really happened to it. No wonder....Enterprise felt exactly like Voyager, except set in the 22nd century. Throw in the T&A T'pol just like Seven of Nine. That's why TOS and TNG are superior to the rest they didn't throw in the cheesy eye candy chicks.