Page 46 of 168 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1680
  1. #451
    James, thanks for the news about the Movie 1701, that's great to hear, I've been wanting to get another of that mold but the 1701-A sells for ridiculous sums these days.

    The Mego-style figures are funny as hell, in part because that concept is so silly but also because the likenesses are surprisingly good, especially McCoy!

    As for the Wrath of Khan figures, burnt Khan looks great but the Enterprise crewmembers are unrecognizable likenesses - and Scotty's in his duty uniform for like 2 minutes in the film, the rest is in the Engineering radiation suit.


    Enterprise is a flawed Star Trek show and mediocre sci-fi at its pricetag, the writing is way below par (unless you're shooting for ST:Voyager), the casting is questionable, and the captain is boring - I'm sorry, but it's true, Scott Bakula was fun in Quantum Leap but abysmal in Star Trek. Enterprise also proves that prequels are just a bad idea because inevitably "the first ___" is going to crop up all the time and production standards are going to separate it from its predecessors which is backwards for how the story plays out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    James, thanks for the news about the Movie 1701, that's great to hear, I've been wanting to get another of that mold but the 1701-A sells for ridiculous sums these days.

    The Mego-style figures are funny as hell, in part because that concept is so silly but also because the likenesses are surprisingly good, especially McCoy!

    As for the Wrath of Khan figures, burnt Khan looks great but the Enterprise crewmembers are unrecognizable likenesses - and Scotty's in his duty uniform for like 2 minutes in the film, the rest is in the Engineering radiation suit.


    Enterprise is a flawed Star Trek show and mediocre sci-fi at its pricetag, the writing is way below par (unless you're shooting for ST:Voyager), the casting is questionable, and the captain is boring - I'm sorry, but it's true, Scott Bakula was fun in Quantum Leap but abysmal in Star Trek. Enterprise also proves that prequels are just a bad idea because inevitably "the first ___" is going to crop up all the time and production standards are going to separate it from its predecessors which is backwards for how the story plays out.
    I didn't know 1701-A goes for alot I kinda wanted another but I took the batteries out of mine for safe keeping. I should have got a second one to keep in the box of course id have to open it to remove the batteries though. I have 2 1701-E's one open one not but soon i will to remove batteries. Anytime Jedi, I heard star trek legacy the game sucks, maybe I'll get it anyway to see for myself. Maybe the reviewer was so inept he couldn't accomplish anything.

  3. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    I didn't know 1701-A goes for alot I kinda wanted another but I took the batteries out of mine for safe keeping. I should have got a second one to keep in the box of course id have to open it to remove the batteries though. I have 2 1701-E's one open one not but soon i will to remove batteries. Anytime Jedi, I heard star trek legacy the game sucks, maybe I'll get it anyway to see for myself. Maybe the reviewer was so inept he couldn't accomplish anything.
    Yeah, the AA Enterprise goes for quite a bit, the top one that's completed on ebay in the past month is $108.50 plus another $24 for shipping: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120080610385

    And others go for $70 to $100. It's not right, AA really hurt folks by not releasing this in greater numbers. I talked to a seller at Frank & Sons about it (a local twice-weekly collectors show) and he is selling them for $80 but would rather AA re-released them too so he could sell them at a way lower price and move more units.

    My 1701-A is right here on top of my PC tower, I set off the electronics once a day at least, it's among my all-time favorite items ever but mine has some manufacturing defects in the impulse engine area.

    Let us know what you think of ST Legacy, and whether you're getting the PC or Xbox 360 version - IGN gave the PC version a 5.9 but the 360 version a 7: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/751/751845p1.html
    I really wish there was a top-notch Star Trek game out there, I've been craving one for so long but none have ever lived up to the promise of Trek (maybe Starfleet Academy, but its fighting mechanics and AI are pretty "meh").
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #454
    Huh, my 1701-A is my favorite AA ship. But I thought that was just me.

    I guess I have good taste in something. Why don't they make a Pakled ship so I can rave about it and have everyone think I've gone mad again?

    Still, I've been thinking about whether I'd want a re-release with a few voice tracks on the sound-effects featuring the best of Kirk-Spock-McCoy. (Picard's voice is heard on the "E")

    I haven't decided yet. And even if they did that, I'm not sure I'd buy the ship a second time. Again, that doesn't mean it's not my favorite. It is!

    (The 1701-E could have been larger, though I'm still not sure that would have made a difference in my preferences).

    Next to the Defiant, the 1701-A is probably one of my favorite Star Trek ships.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  5. #455
    I'll be getting Legacy for PC. Funny thing is the 1701 Refit is the same mold as Enterprise-A only with previous markings and new sounds. I wonder if they get the phaser sounds right. Maybe they should redo the TWOK weapons fire scenes with the phasers.

  6. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Huh, my 1701-A is my favorite AA ship. But I thought that was just me.

    I guess I have good taste in something. Why don't they make a Pakled ship so I can rave about it and have everyone think I've gone mad again?
    Technically, the ONLY ships that AA made were the 1701-A and the NX-01, so not a big challenge between them really. The 1701-E was technically done by Diamond Select Toys who essentially absorbed AA into their collective and soiled their work by lessening its quality.

    Still, I've been thinking about whether I'd want a re-release with a few voice tracks on the sound-effects featuring the best of Kirk-Spock-McCoy. (Picard's voice is heard on the "E")
    IMO, if they bother doing this, I hope the voices have a separate button or an off switch, I really don't care for the voice tracks on the Ent-E being forced into it.

    (The 1701-E could have been larger, though I'm still not sure that would have made a difference in my preferences).
    IMO, the Ent-E's problems are that the warp nacelles don't light up, the paint is heavy-handed, and there's some lacking detail in the secondary hull. Oh, and they should really have used frosted instead of clear plastic for the deflector dish (same with the Ent-A).

    Next to the Defiant, the 1701-A is probably one of my favorite Star Trek ships.
    The movie refit Enterprise is my absolute favorite Trek ship, it's the one I fell in love with.


    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    I'll be getting Legacy for PC. Funny thing is the 1701 Refit is the same mold as Enterprise-A only with previous markings and new sounds. I wonder if they get the phaser sounds right. Maybe they should redo the TWOK weapons fire scenes with the phasers.
    Why not get more action out of that fantastic mold? I hope you're right about them getting new sounds on here, the transporter is exactly the one used in WOK and I'm happy enough with the warp-out and warp-by, but the rest would be all wrong for her.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The movie refit Enterprise is my absolute favorite Trek ship, it's the one I fell in love with.
    Is the refit from TMP, WOK, SFS any different (the model used for filming) than the 1701-A seen in VH, FF, or UC?

    It looks the same to me, save for the "A."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  8. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Is the refit from TMP, WOK, SFS any different (the model used for filming) than the 1701-A seen in VH, FF, or UC?

    It looks the same to me, save for the "A."
    It is no different.

  9. #459
    WOOHOO!!!

    Toy Fair in NY show is some awesome stuff!

    From "The Wrath of Khan" Aside from Khan, Kirk and Terrel, we're also getting Scotty, Sulu, McCoy, Chekov, and Kirk and Khan varients! I didnt see that we're getting Uhura but I'll assume that Diamond is working on it.

    From DS9 we're getting Sisko, both versions of Dax, Odo and some random others.

    Looks like were geting Minibusts too! and some neat TOS Statues of Kirk, Spock and McCoy.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

  10. #460
    Where's SPOCK from WOK?

    On top of that, one can only assume there will be more DS9 figures as Kira, O'Brien, and Bashir are missing (Worf is done as a Nemesis figure).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO