Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    For while this eBay Defiant link is working...

This does look very cool. There was another poster with the ship sizes and model toys of the NX, Defiant, and Voyager (Trek's smallest "main character" ships) that used this Furuta model for the Defiant and it had quite nice results.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

All of the Furutas are quite nice, and are the same general size. Three to four inches long. Real close to the Johnny Lightnings. Except for the last or third wave. Two of the ships, the Excelsior and Enterprise refit are Micromachine size.

Here is a little comparison the Defiant is at the bottom. If need be cut and paste both ships from the provided picture. Nevermind I did it for ya, not quite to the impulse engines but close enough. I love the Defiant when I saw it shoot that jem hadar scumbag into hell for the first time I went ballistic with joy.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...Enterprise.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Here is a little comparison the Defiant is at the bottom. If need be cut and paste both ships from the provided picture. Nevermind I did it for ya, not quite to the impulse engines but close enough. I love the Defiant when I saw it shoot that jem hadar scumbag into hell for the first time I went ballistic with joy.

That looks very close to the size of the Furuta Defiant in relation to the Art Asylum Enterprise E. I have both, though I haven't taken the Enterprise out of it's box. I think that is your best bet there Tycho.
    Hey James31278, can you post those profiles of the other ships before you cut and pasted the two? That sure was cool seeing the profiles and sizes of the other Star Trek ships. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    That looks very close to the size of the Furuta Defiant in relation to the Art Asylum Enterprise E. I have both, though I haven't taken the Enterprise out of it's box. I think that is your best bet there Tycho.
    Hey James31278, can you post those profiles of the other ships before you cut and pasted the two? That sure was cool seeing the profiles and sizes of the other Star Trek ships. Thanks!
    Sure I can include the chart I copied these front. In fact do you want the Alien charts too?

Cool pics there. Found the site and bookmarked it, thanks

Went to Hastings to see if I could find the Corgi Die-cast Klingon Bird-of-Prey, like the two Corgi Enterprises I found there. I didn't find it and ended up winning one on eBay.

I did see the new Art Asylum 2-pack of Professor Data and Geordi from "All good things" though. First time I've ever seen a 2-pack.
    Also saw the exclusive Lore.

I just don't buy TNG product (except for the movies).

It's a taste thing, but I can't pinpoint it. I like TNG, but I'm so much more enthusiastic about DS9 especially, the WOK / TOS stuff, and anything further that I wish they'd do for Enterprise (like a Xindi Reptillian figure).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    In my imagination the Defiant was smaller than that (the "E's" saucer section). To be sure it's larger than the captain's yacht, but only by about 4 x the size.
    Well, your imagination is a nut, 'cause that'd be the size of a Runabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    You should try getting a Furuta Defiant. It's about three inches long, very detailed.
    I need to track one of them babies down too. A devious smart chinese company should pull molds from them and reissue them.

That's exactly what I did when I made the claim that it went from the bridge to the front of the impulse engines, if you look at the picture, the housing curves and starts in a point right where the Defiant ends.

At least one part of the chart is flat out wrong 1701 is a little longer than the refit constitution.
    Where did you read that? Everything I've read suggests that the refit is the longer of the 2, including published tech manual books from before there was a public internet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

1701 has longer warp engines and a bigger body. 1701 has 430 vs the refit's roughly 300. I also enlarged to the 1701 to be more accurate. What books said that? If possible please scan them. The thing about the internet is people can say whatever they want and not have to back it up with real information. It's a classic case of downsizing after the fact, big ships used to be all the rage now they aren't thus 1701 being larger than the refit. 1701's corridors are also much larger than the refit's. I just noticed the Miranda class is too big, damn whoever made this chart if you watch Star Trek II you can see a comparison when the Reliant barely misses the Enterprise after being fired at the Reliant's size is mostly the Enterprise's saucer.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...acyontop-1.jpg