Page 53 of 167 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1670
  1. #521
    430 vs 300, crew numbers. Valeris in Star Trek 6 said "we have a crew of 300 turning their quarters upside down" or something like that. So what if the refit is smaller, they can make more ships. This is a moot point. Damn even that book doesn't show exact scale. Look at 1701-A and Excelsior side by side at the end of UTC, 1701-A is literally half the size. Yeah well Probert said the 1701-D deflector antenna originally wasn't supposed to be a seperate piece but things evolved. So nothing is absolutely for sure. See I knew you'd come back at me with the internet anyone can say anything comment so I threw it out anyway. I really don't care.

  2. #522

  3. #523

  4. #524
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Corrider vs Corrider Shuttlebay vs Shuttlebay plus crew number. (...) The engine room of 1701 TOS is also larger.
    Okay, my parents can knock out the wall between the living room and dining room, but while that makes a larger room, it doesn't make a larger house, and if they divide the living room in two, it wouldn't make a smaller house either.

    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    What's your source on that? I've never seen any claim besides yours that the 1701's engineering hull and warp engines were bigger than the refit
    This is the most logical (in my opinion) superimposition of the two:

    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...perimposed.jpg

    The nacelles on the prerefit Enterprise are very long, but they also start far forward of where the refit nacelles started.

    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Set redesign meant to be more accurate, the original version's were done without care, Andrew Probert when he worked on TMP ensured the sets were designed to match his ship designs' scale.
    Also if we're judging by internal cues from the movies, how many decks did Star Trek V give the refit Enterprise? Forty something? Enterprise-D has forty-two, so by that system the Enterprise refit is taller than a Galaxy-class starship.

    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    This is the same thing as the Miranda-class thing, you're juding them from only 1 angle, from the back, the Excelsior is significantly larger than the Enterprise because she's more massive - taller and wider - but from the side she's only 1.5 times the length (the FX designers on this ensured it from ST3 on).
    I believe the Miranda is supposed to have the exact same size nacelle as the Constitution. If I'm not mistaken on that fact, Bernd's page has the Miranda a hair longer, but not really enough that I would have really noticed had it not been pointed out. That's just from memory though.

    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    430 vs 300, crew numbers. Valeris in Star Trek 6 said "we have a crew of 300 turning their quarters upside down"
    As a training ship. That doesn't require a full crew.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

    Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

  5. #525
    It was a training ship in TWOK not UTC. I did notice another thing, in alot of the comparison photos the pre refit enterprise looks warped when compared to the refit picture to picture. The TOS saucer looks likes its been smushed. I don't know man, I just don't know......

    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...ySide1701s.jpg

  6. #526
    Guys. I don't know if you can make this work.

    In TOS, the ship had one turbolift onto the bridge. By the movies, the set always had 2 turbolift doors onto the bridge. They could have moved Uhura's station or something, but there was some major work done there.

    Next, did they knock off the "wings?" They are straight in TOS, and angled in the movies. You can't add on to straight pieces and get them "that" angled. In a service / construction dock, they'd have to have completely removed the entire nacles.

    I don't try and make it consistant in my mind. I just accept that they did things for appearances' sake and plot use in the movies.

    The 80-some decks in TFF's Enterprise was done so that Kirk and McCoy would have to climb through the turbolift shaft and Spock could do his comedic scene with the thruster boots. Shatner needed room for that kind of acceleration so he could film his joke. If they were only going up 10-20 decks, there'd be no room for the effect. I'm not arguing that this was even necessary. But Shatner thought it was.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Guys. I don't know if you can make this work.

    In TOS, the ship had one turbolift onto the bridge. By the movies, the set always had 2 turbolift doors onto the bridge. They could have moved Uhura's station or something, but there was some major work done there.

    Next, did they knock off the "wings?" They are straight in TOS, and angled in the movies. You can't add on to straight pieces and get them "that" angled. In a service / construction dock, they'd have to have completely removed the entire nacles.

    I don't try and make it consistant in my mind. I just accept that they did things for appearances' sake and plot use in the movies.

    The 80-some decks in TFF's Enterprise was done so that Kirk and McCoy would have to climb through the turbolift shaft and Spock could do his comedic scene with the thruster boots. Shatner needed room for that kind of acceleration so he could film his joke. If they were only going up 10-20 decks, there'd be no room for the effect. I'm not arguing that this was even necessary. But Shatner thought it was.
    It might have worked since the ship itself is like a couple of hundred feet tall but yes that turbolift shaft was way too long to be acurate. The DST Electronic 1701 is a piece of artwork btw. Provinding I can convert my Env's video into mpeg I will show yall this beauty. That is the beauty of futuristic technology everything is modular so it's designed to be easily removed and replaced.

  8. #528
    Fyi the video quality is crap thanks to photobucket and the transporter sound almost sounds like bells. Sooner or later I will get a very good digital camera.

    http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...nt=DST1701.flv

  9. #529
    Sweet, James!

    You're so mean! You make me want one now! I have:

    NX
    1701-A
    1701-E

    That was going to be good for me until I could get the Defiant, Voyager, and some Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Vulcan, Ferengi ships, etc. I'd take a Borg Cube if I could get one as big as my whole bookshelf But a Borg Sphere might be plausible in a scale I'd like. (This is why the whole conversation about the scale of the Defiant was of interest to me).

    But how did you keep your 1701 lights ON? On the ships I own, they turn off after the sound effect is played out. Is the 1701 TOS that much better in its features? I'm rewatching all my TOS episodes right now, so I'm especially vulnerable to TOS wants and desires. (someone control me, please!)

    But that 1701 looks to be the ship that goes with the AA/ DST collection that I've already started right?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Sweet, James!

    You're so mean! You make me want one now! I have:

    NX
    1701-A
    1701-E

    That was going to be good for me until I could get the Defiant, Voyager, and some Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Vulcan, Ferengi ships, etc. I'd take a Borg Cube if I could get one as big as my whole bookshelf But a Borg Sphere might be plausible in a scale I'd like. (This is why the whole conversation about the scale of the Defiant was of interest to me).

    But how did you keep your 1701 lights ON? On the ships I own, they turn off after the sound effect is played out. Is the 1701 TOS that much better in its features? I'm rewatching all my TOS episodes right now, so I'm especially vulnerable to TOS wants and desires. (someone control me, please!)

    But that 1701 looks to be the ship that goes with the AA/ DST collection that I've already started right?
    Yes this ship is part of the AA/DST ship line and the lights staying on is a new feature, notice I held the bridge dome for 5 seconds and voila lights as long as I want. I pressed the dome again to turn them off. I have those ships as well, NX-01 and BD NX-01 1701-A BD 1701 Refit 1701-E and now TOS 1701. I skipped the Mirror NX-01. by then Enterprise's appeal to me had worn off.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO