Page 58 of 167 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    I know I don't.

So anyways...got the AA TOS Enterprise yesterday, awesome little ship. I was hoping it would be slightly larger, at least almost in scale with the micro-machine Galileo but the detail and overall look make up for it. I love the fact they give not just an alternate battery cover without the hole for the stand but a screw with that as well, so if you lose one when replacing them you're not SOL.

The best feature though...the absolutely positively most awesomest feature is the lights. I love it when a toy lights up, but I've always wanted companies to drop the limitations where the lights only stay on for like 10 seconds or have to be accompanied with sound effects. Holding down the button for a few seconds and the lights staying on as long as you want is just down-right brilliant. And the lights are actually bright, making it even better! And the bussard collectors pulse during this, it's like whoa.

I just wish you could get an AC adapter or something to leave it on all the time.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

From the looks of it the lights are all LED's so there is no worrying about them burning out for a very long time if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    I love the fact they give not just an alternate battery cover without the hole for the stand but a screw with that as well, so if you lose one when replacing them you're not SOL.
    I thought the screws for all the ships in this line had washers designed so the screws won't come out of the panels, isn't that right? I haven't paid attention to any of the alternate panels lately except the TOS Enterprise, but that's how I remember it.

The best feature though...the absolutely positively most awesomest feature is the lights. I love it when a toy lights up, but I've always wanted companies to drop the limitations where the lights only stay on for like 10 seconds or have to be accompanied with sound effects. Holding down the button for a few seconds and the lights staying on as long as you want is just down-right brilliant. And the lights are actually bright, making it even better! And the bussard collectors pulse during this, it's like whoa.
    Yeah, it's a nice feature, I suspect they just didn't want to before because of a risk that draining the batteries too deep could damage the toy. Still, better to have it do this than run through the sounds gamut the way the others do.

I just wish you could get an AC adapter or something to leave it on all the time.
    It would be pretty easy to attach some leads from a 3volt AC-to-DC adapter in the battery hatch (just make sure to get amperage that matches the batteries so you don't blow out the circuitry). Of course, if the circuitry isn't designed to run for that long, it could overheat, but I doubt that's a major concern.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I thought the screws for all the ships in this line had washers designed so the screws won't come out of the panels, isn't that right? I haven't paid attention to any of the alternate panels lately except the TOS Enterprise, but that's how I remember it.

Yeah, it's a nice feature, I suspect they just didn't want to before because of a risk that draining the batteries too deep could damage the toy. Still, better to have it do this than run through the sounds gamut the way the others do.

It would be pretty easy to attach some leads from a 3volt AC-to-DC adapter in the battery hatch (just make sure to get amperage that matches the batteries so you don't blow out the circuitry). Of course, if the circuitry isn't designed to run for that long, it could overheat, but I doubt that's a major concern.
    Yes the screws had little red washers holding them in.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Corgi Star Trek Die-Cast Klingon Bird of Prey - this line never showed up in my area, so I had no idea what to expect, I tried to buy from EE but they haven't gotten it in yet. Checked ebay and saw a disturbing statement: it was 4" by 5", dinky for something that MSRPs for $25! I found one from www.flyingmule.com for $10 plus $8 shipping, much better, so I bought it. The packaging is a tube design, seems fancy but more for cars, not spaceships; it's resealable, though the stand halves are on blisters on either end so don't rip them all the way off if you want to reuse. The ship is pretty small, like a thin Action Fleet vehicle, and fairly lightweight, but has a satisfying sculpt and very nice paintjob. There are some pretty well-done little sculpted details, though naturally the metal sculpt is never going to be as sharp as the plastic elements. The wings are not movable sadly, but are fixed in the right position. The cannons and upper rear hull are plastic but blend nicely with the metal elements and have a crisp, unwarped shape. The paint is top notch, although the dayglow-orange engines should really be red. The stand is a thin, painted Klingon Empire logo plugged into a black base, there's even a rubber collar between it and the ship, there's no fancy angle and it just looks good. The ship looks to be close to scale with my Art Asylum Enterprise-A (the K-BoP was much smaller than the Ent). My only other complaints are that the the photon torpedo tube is too simple, the sculpted copyright logos are a bit much, and they didn't sculpt the side-hatch on the bridge. Overall, it's a nice ship that does justice to the source material, but feels like it'd be $10-overpriced if I had paid full price, and it really should have had movable wings. Grade: B
    Side hatch on the Klingon bridge? I bet you mean the Escape hatch as seen in Star Trek IV, check the top it's the silver hatch. The ship is represented in original form instead of the customized version from TVH. JT Corgi did send me replacement stand symbols for the ships. 1701-D's black base wasn't damaged so all I needed was a new symbol which I recieved. The Klingon recieved a whole new stand base included. I don't remember if I stated that the 1701-D warp grills are translucent or not but they are. Shining light directly into them or holding them between yourself and a light source works.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Side hatch on the Klingon bridge? I bet you mean the Escape hatch as seen in Star Trek IV, check the top it's the silver hatch.
    No, can't be that, the hatch they get out from is clearly on the side as it's just above the red pipe that rings the midsection of the "head".

The ship is represented in original form instead of the customized version from TVH.
    That can't be accurate as the photon torpedo launcher is an "innie" instead of ST3's "outie".

JT Corgi did send me replacement stand symbols for the ships. 1701-D's black base wasn't damaged so all I needed was a new symbol which I recieved. The Klingon recieved a whole new stand base included.
    That's cool, glad they were able to actually give some customer service that worked out, I wasn't expecting it to.

I don't remember if I stated that the 1701-D warp grills are translucent or not but they are. Shining light directly into them or holding them between yourself and a light source works.
    Sounds good, do they carry any natural light or only when something is shined at them?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The photon was not an outie that was the energy arc relating to the torpedo's firing. The corgi ship has the Torp module inside the opening itself. They can carry any light but generally it's best lit up when direct light is applied. The hatch is above the hull indentation above the plasma coil(red pipe).
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/stmagazine/bop-on-vulcan.jpg
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/mechanics/bop-model2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    The photon was not an outie that was the energy arc relating to the torpedo's firing.
    This thing, it was in ST3 every time they showed the front of the ship: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/bop/bop-head-st5-lid.jpg

Your links aren't working guys. A complaint about using someone else's bandwidth comes up instead.

Anyway, what is the deal about Klingon ships and escape pods? They do or do not have them?

Must Klingons always go down with their ships? What is the "honorable" rule for determining that?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Copy the links, paste them into the URL bar, add another backslash just before the file names and they'll work. I'll fix the posts above for anybody else who wants to see them.