Page 67 of 167 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1667
  1. #661
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Non-toxic glue in the module that holds the ball joint itself? Perfectly straighten it then glue it, it dried overnight then maybe who knows. Just an idea.
    I can't trust glue here in earthquake country. We had a little one last night at 2:37am (I looked it up right after it happened) that jolted the room, it didn't knock down the TOS 1701 because I had just counter-weighted the stand with some nickels (they're heavy for their size) but if the ship had been glued upright instead of angled into the stand, it likely would have snapped sideways and given out, then been violently tossed to the ground.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    On Rebelscum I think, they advertise clear display stands (probably the ones with the three ball tops that JT mentions) that I'm considering for my Star Wars vehicles I want to display flying when I don't want to hang an entire fleet from my ceiling (B-wing with its s-foils deployed for example).
    It was Basker who posted the 3-prong stands, not I. They look decent, I don't have any flat surfaces to actually use them on though.

    However, my 3 Star Trek ships stay on their stands just fine:

    NX-01
    1701-A
    1701-E
    NX-01 is wobbly because of the half-curve stand, but the ship is very light so it copes well. The Ent-E has the best stand design, it's got 2 curves and is pretty stable and balanced, but limits range of motion on the ball joint due to the ball being too low. The 1701-A I haven't used the stand on yet, I will when the WOK 1701 shows up later this month though, but i have a bad feeling about it.

    These are all the ships I want unless I find somewhat good scale Defiant and Voyager toys.

    I just might go for Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Breen, and Jem Hadar ships in the future (maybe Ferengi, Tholian, Vulcan, or Andorian) but I'd want a Borg cube as large as my coffee table. Ha! (Maybe a sphere the size of one of those exercise balls could work though).
    Too bad you want scale, Playmates' Defiant is huge and beautiful, easily their best effort to date, and one of their only ships to use ACCURATE sounds.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Too bad you want scale, Playmates' Defiant is huge and beautiful, easily their best effort to date, and one of their only ships to use ACCURATE sounds.

    Well, then that might warrant an exception. It IS the Defiant afterall - my favorite Star Trek ship!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  3. #663
    Thank god we don't have many quakes here, they are extremely rare in these parts.


  4. #664
    The worst part about the Defiant is that the stickers that go around the warp engines, I can't figure out how they're supposed to work for crap. but the paint is accurate, the engines and nose light up, it has 4 awesome sounds with non-intrusive buttons around the bridge, and the nose even pivots from vertical to a slight downward angle because the model looked that way in many episodes. Hell, the stand even works better than other Playmates designs, the shuttlebay on the underside can be removed (via a slider, not screwdriver) and replaced with the stand... damnit, I need to find that stand, I have mine sitting on the shelf and now I want that changed.


    Quakes haven't been too bad, we had a 5 a few years back that didn't even knock down but 3 or 4 of my hundreds of freestanding figures. I know a lot of folks are freaked out by the threat of quakes though, they're scary at first but they're also kinda exciting and usually the odds of damage or injury are quite low, well under 0.01%, I think - the big Northridge quake of '94 had an injury rate of 0.122% despite being the hardest-felt quake ever recorded in North America.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  5. #665
    James: you're in Virginia. That's close to Pennsylvania. You should have a lot of Quakers!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  6. #666
    That pun is so bad, I think it'd make an Amish person punch you in the gut.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #667
    Yes, but do you know why you can never insult Quakers on the internet?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    James: you're in Virginia. That's close to Pennsylvania. You should have a lot of Quakers!
    Yep plenty of quakers up there. I have quakers grits in the kitchen.


  9. #669
    So, I went and looked at the TOS Ent stand again today, and it's even worse off than I feared - the sleeve that connects the ball joint to the ship has cracked and failed in several sections, and yet this is NOT causing the problems with the ball joint's failure. And it's still holding onto the ball joint part, so I don't know what to do at this point, if I use krazy glue to put it back together it'll be brittle and could break worse or get stuck on the ball joint part. I dunno... I think DST really messed this up bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Yes, but do you know why you can never insult Quakers on the internet?
    Uh, no. And if you say "because they're not on the internet, they don't use technology", many members of the Religious Society of Friends actually DO use the internet. Just because they believe in the testimony of simplicity doesn't mean they're Amish or Mennonites. In fact, the Quakers even have websites: http://www.quaker.org/
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #670
    I should have said Amish....however, you guys were talking about quakes...and - you get it, but forget it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO