Page 69 of 167 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
    I really wanted to track down the WOK figures in person just to tempt me to get them, but it never happened - I saw Bones & Scotty figs but the rest were no-shows and it kept the cash in my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It always was. You apply early and pay more for your position for your dealer space at Comic Con and Rick doesn't like to spend more than it's worth. With Star Trek exclusives and a good reputation, he lets his customers seek him out rather than pay to be obvious to impulse buyers he can't count on.

Rick is a great fan, all-around-nice-person, and an astute businessman. NewForce is usually located somewhere off the main beaten pathways at Comic Con.
    IMO, that is a HUGE mistake at a show like this because he has something most other etailers at that level can't compete with - a reputation for integrity to this specific brand. He should have been representing better than that, he's a good guy and deserves more eyes on the booth than what he ended up with.

I didn't see him this year myself due to lack of time and not feeling well enough to go early than nearly 5pm on Saturday, but then I'm making a concerted effort to buy less and less stuff now due to lack of space to keep it all in.
    That's the other thing, the exhibitor hall was open 10am to 7pm yet it still seemed like nobody had time to track his booth down, that's a real shame but it does have something to do with his lack of promotions and his booth location.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I had a great idea for another 2-pack. Captain Kirk and Picard from "Generations." Picard wearing the DS9/Vgr uniform and older Kirk in Captain's Vest. I'd be all over this. A 3-pack with Dr. Soran would be sweet too!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    I had a great idea for another 2-pack. Captain Kirk and Picard from "Generations." Picard wearing the DS9/Vgr uniform and older Kirk in Captain's Vest. I'd be all over this. A 3-pack with Dr. Soran would be sweet too!
    Yeah that would be nice, plus a USS Excelsior toy along with USS Reliant. I don't know if anyone wants a 1701-C toy, I wouldn't mind it but I'm not hurting for one. 1701-D would be cool at least that would light up properly unlike the playmates 1992 version. The only thing DST dropped the ball with ship wise was 1701-E's non illuminated warp grilles.

Uggh. I so want to hear about more figures:

What about WOK Spock and Uhura? Saavik? Any of Khan's people?

What will happen with future waves of DS9 figures? Kira? Dukat? Garak? Weyoun? The Founder? Martok? The Breen? QUARK???
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm all for a Enterprise D! It reminds me of one of the best Data lines.... "Oohhh..shiiii$*#@$&"
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    I'm all for a Enterprise D! It reminds me of one of the best Data lines.... "Oohhh..shiiii$*#@$&"

Seriously put blinking lights on it too. Light up the warp engines all parts of them that normally light up. Along with the deflector dish impulse engine and blue arboretum garden windows in the back of the saucer. Use the garden light source to illuminate translucent windows. The light on the bridge module blinks every second or so. My imagination is way too expensive for any toy company.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    My imagination is way too expensive for any toy company.
    I love this quote! I may have to borrow it for a future signature line with credit to James of course.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I love this quote! I may have to borrow it for a future signature line with credit to James of course.
    A soooo very true quote. If DST really wanted to I'm sure they could find an inexpensive way to make these ships as realistic as possible, window lights running lights etc.

What's going on with the WOK Enterprise? I preordered it expecting it to ship back in July, here we are almost halfway into August and still no word.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Yeah that would be nice, plus a USS Excelsior toy along with USS Reliant. I don't know if anyone wants a 1701-C toy, I wouldn't mind it but I'm not hurting for one. 1701-D would be cool at least that would light up properly unlike the playmates 1992 version. The only thing DST dropped the ball with ship wise was 1701-E's non illuminated warp grilles.
    I'd love an Excelsior and Reliant in scale to the AA/DST Constitution class. I'd like an Ent-C but like you said, it's not really high on my list. The D would be nice to get, but I think it's time to figure out a way to do saucer-separation right - we don't desperately need more lights in the saucer, the only thing that lights there are various windows which they can't do and the observation deck behind the bridge and the secondary deflector array on the underside. But we do need light-up deflector and engines, and blinking running lights on the aft.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Rick from NFC reported these release dates from DST back on July 21st-

JAN074541 ST TOS SPACE SEED KIRK & KHAN AF 2-PK (7/18/07)
    JAN078301 ST TWOK BATTLE DAMAGE ENTERPRISE A (8/22/07)
    MAR074457 ST TOS CLOTH RETRO AF ASST SER 1 KIRK & KLINGON (8/08/07)
    DEC058272 ST BATTLE DAMAGED ENTERPRISE E (8/22/07)
    FEB074479 ST TWOK ENTERPRISE (8/22/07)
    DEC068116 ST TWOK 25TH ANNIV KIRK & KHAN AF CUSTOM ASST (8/29/07)
    OCT068138 ST TNG 4 BEVERLY & WESLEY CRUSHER AF ASST (8/29/07)
    FEB078117 STARGATE ATLANTIS CUSTOM CS ASST (8/29/07)
    APR074810 ST TNG 20TH ANNIV CPT PICARD IN CHAIR AF (8/29/07)
    MAR078100 ST DS9 SER 1 CUSTOM CS AF ASST (9/26/07)
    JUN074523 ST TOS WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE PX 1701 ENTERPRISE (10/31/07)
    Though DST's site now lists the Picard with chair as 11/21/07.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"