Page 70 of 168 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1680
  1. #691
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    What's going on with the WOK Enterprise? I preordered it expecting it to ship back in July, here we are almost halfway into August and still no word.


    I'd love an Excelsior and Reliant in scale to the AA/DST Constitution class. I'd like an Ent-C but like you said, it's not really high on my list. The D would be nice to get, but I think it's time to figure out a way to do saucer-separation right - we don't desperately need more lights in the saucer, the only thing that lights there are various windows which they can't do and the observation deck behind the bridge and the secondary deflector array on the underside. But we do need light-up deflector and engines, and blinking running lights on the aft.
    The red and green running lights in the aft didn't blink on 1701-D. There are red and green running lights on the saucer too the blinking light I'm referring too is the yellowish white one on the top of the bridge module. Next time TNG comes on watch the intro you see it right at the end as the ship passes under the camera position. There probably is one on the belly of the stardrive section too. The nacelles don't need them since they sit lower than the saucer and what blind idiot could possibly not see the massively bright red and blue glow from them. Another thing I found weird as a blue dome on the bridge module in front of that blinking light. The bridge skylight should glow white. Those little red blocks on the aft of the nacelles are RCS thrusters, you see them in an episode or two and playmates had stickers for them.

  2. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Rick from NFC reported these release dates from DST back on July 21st-

    Though DST's site now lists the Picard with chair as 11/21/07.
    Good to know, thanks. I saw the news post over there that had the first part, but not the rest.

    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    The red and green running lights in the aft didn't blink on 1701-D. There are red and green running lights on the saucer too the blinking light I'm referring too is the yellowish white one on the top of the bridge module. Next time TNG comes on watch the intro you see it right at the end as the ship passes under the camera position. There probably is one on the belly of the stardrive section too. The nacelles don't need them since they sit lower than the saucer and what blind idiot could possibly not see the massively bright red and blue glow from them. Another thing I found weird as a blue dome on the bridge module in front of that blinking light. The bridge skylight should glow white. Those little red blocks on the aft of the nacelles are RCS thrusters, you see them in an episode or two and playmates had stickers for them.
    I remember some shots in the show where I believe they did blink, but I'll need to go back and check that out. The opening shots aren't done by the same company that did the rest of the series' effects, so it's possible they just got it wrong.

    Isn't there a white blinker at the very bottom of the stardrive hull?

    The RCS thrusters are orange, not red.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  3. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Good to know, thanks. I saw the news post over there that had the first part, but not the rest.

    I remember some shots in the show where I believe they did blink, but I'll need to go back and check that out. The opening shots aren't done by the same company that did the rest of the series' effects, so it's possible they just got it wrong.

    Isn't there a white blinker at the very bottom of the stardrive hull?

    The RCS thrusters are orange, not red.
    I don't know if 1701-D has one I know 1701 Refit/1701-A has one on the bottom and top. D probably does because it makes sense. Trust me the navigational red and green marker lights do not blink on the newer ships. They didn't do too many belly shots of 1701-D on the show. The stickers on the toys are red also in one episode those RCS on the back of the nacelles are a really pale orange. The episode Preemptive Strike where Ro Laren goes undercover in the Maquis and actually joins them. You get a really good view when the Peregrine Class ship goes between the nacelles. The blinking white marker lights are on the nacelles top and bottom toward the rear, on top of the saucer in the middle bottom of the stardrive and thats it I think. Funny thing is in the last episode of Enterprise they do show the red and green crap blinking near where the dorsal connects to the saucer. We know what a canon boatload of crap that show was though. In all of 7 years of TNG they never had red and green running lights near the neck of the ship. In fact all of that time there were no blinking lights on or near the neck at all.

  4. #694
    Shots from the back show the top and bottom-level lights all the time, but you're probably right that they didn't blink them because that'd be tough to track in time with each episode.

    Playmates weren't the most accurate with their stickers' colors, the Defiant's RCS stickers don't even fit the ship. (I have a hate-on for Playmate's stickers, they crossed seams all the time, were totally unclear where they were supposed to go, and the material came off super easy!)

    I didn't remember those lights in the finale of Enterprise, but I was already so displeased it would have passed me by anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  5. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Shots from the back show the top and bottom-level lights all the time, but you're probably right that they didn't blink them because that'd be tough to track in time with each episode.

    Playmates weren't the most accurate with their stickers' colors, the Defiant's RCS stickers don't even fit the ship. (I have a hate-on for Playmate's stickers, they crossed seams all the time, were totally unclear where they were supposed to go, and the material came off super easy!)

    I didn't remember those lights in the finale of Enterprise, but I was already so displeased it would have passed me by anyway.
    I looked at a video the other day, there are no lights on the 1701-D dorsal yet there are in the ENT last episode. Search enterprise running lights in google and you'll eventually find it. Whoever created the new sh-t for the last ENT episode, they should have the crap beaten out of them for being so stupid.

  6. #696
    The guy who created the CGI 1701-D for the Enterprise episode was Gabe Koerner; the kid from Trekkies and Trekkies 2.

    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0462933/

    By the way, First Contact Data from DST was "kind of" announced. A picture got leaked from Playtrek.com (now you have to join their newsletter/email message board) to view it. But, it was confirmed that it will be out later this year, it'll be limited to 1,701 just like Nemesis Geordi and be available from DST. The figure was shown packaged and comes with: Regular head, regular arm, "unskinned" arm, "unskinned" head (from after the skin was burned off) and data cable (that was apparently supposed to come with regular TNG Data). Rick @ NFC said he's trying to get a good amount for preorder and should have them by the end of Sept.

    In other news... Ro, Nurse Ogawa and Miles O'Brien are going to be TNG wave 4 next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Good to know, thanks. I saw the news post over there that had the first part, but not the rest.
    Yeah, I think he only mentioned the full list on some message boards like trektoy.com and possibly art asylum's board.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

  7. #697
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    The guy who created the CGI 1701-D for the Enterprise episode was Gabe Koerner; the kid from Trekkies and Trekkies 2.

    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0462933/

    By the way, First Contact Data from DST was "kind of" announced. A picture got leaked from Playtrek.com (now you have to join their newsletter/email message board) to view it. But, it was confirmed that it will be out later this year, it'll be limited to 1,701 just like Nemesis Geordi and be available from DST. The figure was shown packaged and comes with: Regular head, regular arm, "unskinned" arm, "unskinned" head (from after the skin was burned off) and data cable (that was apparently supposed to come with regular TNG Data). Rick @ NFC said he's trying to get a good amount for preorder and should have them by the end of Sept.

    In other news... Ro, Nurse Ogawa and Miles O'Brien are going to be TNG wave 4 next year.



    Yeah, I think he only mentioned the full list on some message boards like trektoy.com and possibly art asylum's board.
    I might just get that data. Trekkies huh thats not surprising I saw some of those movies what a joke. Real star trek fans aren't like that. Hollyweird strikes again.

  8. #698
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    I looked at a video the other day, there are no lights on the 1701-D dorsal yet there are in the ENT last episode.
    I know there are shots from TNG with lights on the dorsal as well as the ventral, they're parallel.


    FC Data? Oh man, that may be the one that gets me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #699
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I know there are shots from TNG with lights on the dorsal as well as the ventral, they're parallel.


    FC Data? Oh man, that may be the one that gets me.
    In TNG those lights are not there, it was an final enterprise episode thing. 1701-D already has red and green lights at the very edge of the star drive rear on both sides of the aft torp launcher as well as on the bottom of that edge. I'm debunking ENT I know those lights are BS. Exactly like this.

    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/hathaway.jpg

  10. #700
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    FC Data? Oh man, that may be the one that gets me.
    There is one unfortunate thing about it. Just like Nemesis Geordi he doesn't have the seam on the front of the uniform, but the body parts revealing his metallic parts look pretty awesome.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO