Page 71 of 167 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    In TNG those lights are not there, it was an final enterprise episode thing. 1701-D already has red and green lights at the very edge of the star drive rear on both sides of the aft torp launcher as well as on the bottom of that edge. I'm debunking ENT I know those lights are BS. Exactly like this.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/hathaway.jpg
    I meant the ones by the aft torpedo launcher, I guess we got our wires crossed somewhere on which ones we were talking about. I'm still not clear which ones you're saying they added in Ent now.

Sucks about that seam, it's vital to the costume.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I meant the ones by the aft torpedo launcher, I guess we got our wires crossed somewhere on which ones we were talking about. I'm still not clear which ones you're saying they added in Ent now.

Sucks about that seam, it's vital to the costume.
    These lights. Next to the obviously incorrectly active saucer impulse engines. Jeezus what an amateur.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_Asteroid.jpg

You mean the runners up on the saucer, or the ones at the rear edge of the stardrive? The ones on the saucer look pulled from his bum.

Both sets of impulse engines running is pretty silly, but what's really galling me is the tiny exposed plasma field in the warp engines.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You mean the runners up on the saucer, or the ones at the rear edge of the stardrive? The ones on the saucer look pulled from his bum.

Both sets of impulse engines running is pretty silly, but what's really galling me is the tiny exposed plasma field in the warp engines.
    I emailed the guy about it and he sounds like a total idiot. you should see what he replied to me with.....in fact. He sounds like a nutjob. His last name is german so the arrogance and obnoxious replies are totally expected.

"because i say greedo shot first

you talkin about front rim saucer lights? i did it because the rims of the 4 and 6 foot miniatures were too thin to accomodate electronics but it always seemed silly to me that none of them, not even ten foreward, were visibly lit. i figured it was a practical vs. logic concern, the modelmakers would have included lights in there if they could. so I did. it was my way of doing something different with it. and i think maybe that subliminally throws people's eye off to it, its funny, i did a comparison render lights on lights off on the rim

i actually got an email once from someone, no ****, said i 'raped their childhood' by not only missing a couple decals on ent-D but ALSO designing a Fan-ter-prize for a calendar. haha, not saying you're one of those, but i'm getting sick of takin my tardis back to the 90's to sodomize children I don't know... "

"i only built the D for one episode so yeah i know

oh that those are present in the generations version, i just kinda slipped em in as it was 7th season and figured it might be interesting if anyone caught"

"its a tv spaceship dude, go get sex "

Heh heh, he's a charmer. At least you can't say he's not consistent about his fan views though. But he's not right either, all he has to do is look at the original designs and see it was never intended that way even before they built the model. Some of those plans are way too detailed for the shooting miniatures. It'd be one thing if we were talking to Mike Okuda about this, at least he's officially given some leeway and some weight by the stuff he puts in, but this is another story altogether.

The guy I talked to is nuts though. No matter, enterprise sucks its over done with. Maybe I oughta f-ck with that picture .

I pre-ordered those at Diecast Alley. You can't see it but Voyager is supposed to have it's landing gear down. Most of those are re-paints of wave three, give or take a few mods like the sphere coming out of the Borg Cube and Voyager I do believe.
    There's some White Lightnings in those pics too.

Scroll down to see the First Contact Data-

http://www.playtrek.com/photo.htm
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I pre-ordered those at Diecast Alley. You can't see it but Voyager is supposed to have it's landing gear down. Most of those are re-paints of wave three, give or take a few mods like the sphere coming out of the Borg Cube and Voyager I do believe.
    There's some White Lightnings in those pics too.
    I know I can get at least one white lightning, if I had a choice I'd get all WL's. Btw the Raw Metal 1701 Corgi is on it's way to me, Corgi reduced the price after they were unable to implement the sound feature that was supposed to be in the base so now its just blue lights. Voyager's landing struts might be removable or they are small enough that they don't get in the way. I don't have any of the wave 3 ships at all, I'd love to get my hands on both versions of 1701-D and Future 1701-D as well as both Voyagers.