Page 77 of 168 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
    Well I popped off and ordered ALL the WOK figures and pre-ordered the DS9 figures and an extra Nemesis Worf to go with them.

I'll let you all know what I think when I get them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I got my WOK figures today. A big box came via UPS and I got all excited wondering what it could be (I have a few things on order at the moment from SideShow Star Wars, to Takara Transformers, to Diamond Star Trek).

So I opened the box and got a pleasant surprise: it was the exclusive Comic Con 2007 Trek figures!

McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, and Chekov look spot on, great! (Now I'd love Scotty in his work digs too, though).

But I also got the free battle-ravaged Khan figure that comes with them when you bought all 4. There I was disappointed.

Khan should be larger than any of them. He's a genetically enhanced super human! But he's actually skinnier. The paint ap and sculpt is interesting though, but it is still disappointing.

Since very often the variants are repaints of the regular line figures, I no longer have very high expectations for my regular line assortment Khan figure. I'm just looking forward to getting my Kirk figures in that wave.

It's true: the back of the package shows 4 new figures due:

Lt. Saavik!
    Lt. Uhura!
    Kirk in Regula Station Landing Party Gear
    Spock in normal uniform

(I'd love McCoy or Saavik to be also in the Landing Party Gear) - maybe this set will be released for 2008's Comic Con with one or the other (McCoy or Saavik) as the-buy-4-get-a-bonus-figure-free character.

Another wave could be:

Saavik (Landing Party Gear)
    David Marcus
    Carol Marcus
    Khan's "First"

They also could do Chekov and Terrel in their enviornmental suits. If I'm not mistaken, those away team outfits were recycled from TMP and they could put Kirk and Spock in them, trying to contact V-GER (not that I'm interested in TMP figures myself).

I'd go for:

Kruuge -ST3
    Maltz - ST3
    random Klingons (variant head sculpts) ST-3, 5, 6, TNG, DS9
    Kirk civilian clothes ST-3, ST-4
    Sulu civilian clothes ST 3, ST-4
    Chekov civilian clothes ST 3, ST-4
    Scotty work digs ST 3, ST-4, ST 5, ST -6, TNG
    Scotty radiation suit TMP, ST 2
    Spock - Vulcan robes ST -3
    McCoy - Civilian Clothes

and I could go on with the Doctor disguises from ST 4, and the commando raid outfits from ST 5.

Did I mention I like the TOS movies?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Khan isn't significantly bigger than Kirk or them in Space Seed, he's only about 6 feet tall. Still, he should be as tall as any of 'em and more buff.

Khan's "first" is named Joachim.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There you go: I want a figure of Joachim.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure I meant taller, but for sure more "buff" (for Khan).

As my figures stand, it looks as if Bones could take him.

Sorry to bring up a previous (major) issue, but regarding the Enterprise-D having all the impulse thrusters lit during it's appearance on Enterprise, the same thing happened on an episode of Voyager. I was looking through screencaps of the episode "Timeless" and noticed the Galaxy class that was Captained by Geordi was shown using all impulse thusters.

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/disp...bum=97&pos=209

So, my thinking is that despite Gabe Koerner's rude replies to James, it might not have been his doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It's true: the back of the package shows 4 new figures due:

Lt. Saavik!
    Lt. Uhura!
    Kirk in Regula Station Landing Party Gear
    Spock in normal uniform

(I'd love McCoy or Saavik to be also in the Landing Party Gear) - maybe this set will be released for 2008's Comic Con with one or the other (McCoy or Saavik) as the-buy-4-get-a-bonus-figure-free character.
    If you meant Spock and co. being for Comic-Con, I believe they're supposed to be the second wave for retail.

If they do another TWOK comic-con set, hopefully it's:

Saavik (Regula 1)
    McCoy (Regula 1)
    David Marcus
    Carol Marcus
    Scotty (Radiation suit - Bonus figure)

Though since it'd be in '08, I could see the comic-con set (assuming they do a figure set again) being based on DS9 or one of the other movies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Sorry to bring up a previous (major) issue, but regarding the Enterprise-D having all the impulse thrusters lit during it's appearance on Enterprise, the same thing happened on an episode of Voyager. I was looking through screencaps of the episode "Timeless" and noticed the Galaxy class that was Captained by Geordi was shown using all impulse thusters.

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/disp...bum=97&pos=209

So, my thinking is that despite Gabe Koerner's rude replies to James, it might not have been his doing.

If you meant Spock and co. being for Comic-Con, I believe they're supposed to be the second wave for retail.

If they do another TWOK comic-con set, hopefully it's:

Saavik (Regula 1)
    McCoy (Regula 1)
    David Marcus
    Carol Marcus
    Scotty (Radiation suit - Bonus figure)

Though since it'd be in '08, I could see the comic-con set (assuming they do a figure set again) being based on DS9 or one of the other movies.
    It wasn't just the saucer impulse engines it was the weird new running lights next to those engines too. According to Wiki he is responsible for that CGI 1701, the article could be wrong though.

Nah, he's definitely responsible for the CGI Ent-D, he mentions it on his site. I'm just thinking the added lighting could've been a requirement set by the producers for what they wanted to see on screen. At least for the impulse thrusters, I didn't pay attention to the running lights.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Nah, he's definitely responsible for the CGI Ent-D, he mentions it on his site. I'm just thinking the added lighting could've been a requirement set by the producers for what they wanted to see on screen. At least for the impulse thrusters, I didn't pay attention to the running lights.
    It's just another case of something being fixed that wasn't broken.

Looks like my raw 1701-D Corgi should arrive here soon, flying mule got them in stock.

Joachim is supposed to be Khan's son too.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett