Page 78 of 167 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1668
  1. #771
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    Joachim is supposed to be Khan's son too.
    I didn't know that. Where did you learn that? What is the significance of the name "Joachim" if any?

    As to DS9 figures for Comic Con 2008 - that would be good too. It changes the focus away from finishing the WOK figures though and that always makes me nervous. We're never going to have Hoshi Sato and Dr. Phlox in their duty uniforms.

    WOK and DS9 stand much better chances I know. However, DST loves reusing stuff and making slight alterations. DS9 missing (as of now) are:

    O'Brien (easily done with existing tools)
    Bashir (not much to worry about but resculpting the hair on the T&T figure)
    Kira - a whole new figure required here
    Quark - another whole new figure required here
    Gul Dukat is a must-have of course. The body could be recycled for:

    Mirror Universe Garack
    Damar
    a generic soldier

    Sisko
    Dax
    O'Brien and Bashir could be redone from their 5th season style uniforms to their basic season 1 look and the bodies recycled for TNG Generations or Voyager figures of course. I'd only be interested in the Voyager figures, myself.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  2. #772
    Because Judson Scott who played Joachim told me in person when I met him a few years ago. He was a heck of a guy too. Shame his name doesnt appear in the credits either.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

  3. #773
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    Because Judson Scott who played Joachim told me in person when I met him a few years ago. He was a heck of a guy too. Shame his name doesnt appear in the credits either.
    I bet that was cool.

  4. #774
    WNMHGB 1701 and BD 1701-E came. So did 12" talking Lara Croft.

  5. #775
    Does the talking Lara Croft say, "You're so cute! I want to adopt you!" ?

    Jayspawn, that is cool that you met the actor who played Jaochim. At a convention? How?

    No one answered if his character's name means anything significant to Khan. Is his full name (character's) Jaochim Singh? Jaochim McGyvers Singh?

    Wasn't his mother's name Ensign McGyvers? ("Space Seed" - 1967) - The Starfleet ship's historian from the Enterprise.

    "One of these killed my beloved wife...." - Khan Noonian Singh

    And was Airuk Soongh, an ancestor of Noonian Soongh (Data's creator) any relation to Khan's family? Why would he be named after a dictator (Noonian?) or have that possibly suggested? "Adolf" is not a very popular name these days.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  6. #776
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Does the talking Lara Croft say, "You're so cute! I want to adopt you!" ?

    Jayspawn, that is cool that you met the actor who played Jaochim. At a convention? How?

    No one answered if his character's name means anything significant to Khan. Is his full name (character's) Jaochim Singh? Jaochim McGyvers Singh?

    Wasn't his mother's name Ensign McGyvers? ("Space Seed" - 1967) - The Starfleet ship's historian from the Enterprise.

    "One of these killed my beloved wife...." - Khan Noonian Singh

    And was Airuk Soongh, an ancestor of Noonian Soongh (Data's creator) any relation to Khan's family? Why would he be named after a dictator (Noonian?) or have that possibly suggested? "Adolf" is not a very popular name these days.
    Close, she says she wants my body.

  7. #777
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    Joachim is supposed to be Khan's son too.
    There is some question about the accuracy of that one, some sources say he's supposed to be the character Joaquin from Space Seed, and then there's a book that said he's the son of Joaquin and Ling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    Because Judson Scott who played Joachim told me in person when I met him a few years ago. He was a heck of a guy too. Shame his name doesnt appear in the credits either.
    Apparently, that was his representation's fault, he should have sued them for the inept manner in which they handled that situation.


    So, what's the deal now with the WOK Enterprise? I mean, it's not a new mold, the tooling is ready to go, it's just a new f'ing paint job, what's the holdup?!?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  8. #778
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    There is some question about the accuracy of that one, some sources say he's supposed to be the character Joaquin from Space Seed, and then there's a book that said he's the son of Joaquin and Ling.

    Apparently, that was his representation's fault, he should have sued them for the inept manner in which they handled that situation.


    So, what's the deal now with the WOK Enterprise? I mean, it's not a new mold, the tooling is ready to go, it's just a new f'ing paint job, what's the holdup?!?
    It should be out soon. I heard it has Kirk's voice so if thats true it's not just a new paint job.

  9. #779
    I hope it has more film-accurate sound effects, the current one's board is a mixed bag (the warp-out and transporter sounds on it are actually from WOK tho'). In any event, that stuff is fairly easy to do by comparison to everything else, so it shouldn't have taken this long.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #780
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So, what's the deal now with the WOK Enterprise? I mean, it's not a new mold, the tooling is ready to go, it's just a new f'ing paint job, what's the holdup?!?

    Fortunately, they're going further than that.

    From a Q&A on TrekToy-

    Our plan is to pretty much strip it down from the inside and out, then go from there.
    I'm hoping that includes changing the lights to LEDs since apparently the bulbs they used didn't turn out very well, as well as having the feature to keep the lights on like the TOS Enterprise.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO