Page 79 of 168 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Fortunately, they're going further than that.

From a Q&A on TrekToy-

I'm hoping that includes changing the lights to LEDs since apparently the bulbs they used didn't turn out very well, as well as having the feature to keep the lights on like the TOS Enterprise.
    Being that my imagination is too expensive for any toy company I would have wished the WOK 1701 had blinking running lights on the saucer nacelles and belly while in lights on mode only. If I can dream it, toy companies can't do it.

Well, hopefully they'll get it to us before Trek's 42nd anniversary.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh come on, I doubt they would do that.

They'd wait until the 50th.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Since you guys love to talk "ships," I want:

Klingon battle cruiser
    Klingon flag ship
    Klingong Bird of Prey
    Romulan Warbird
    Romulan Scoutship
    Romulan Nemesis-Type Warbird
    Reman Scimitar
    Cardassian Warship
    Jem Hadar Attack Ship
    Jem Hadar Battle Cruiser
    Breen Warship
    Maquis Raider
    Ferengi Marauder

and probably more that I'm forgetting. I wonder how some of the Playmates stuff would look next to the AA ships I own: NX-01, 1701-A, 1701-E?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Part of the problem with collecting the figures is that, unlike Star Wars, everybody in the Trek universe is dressed the same, and they never do anything particularly exciting in terms of action poses and whatnot. So for me, while I collected everybody in the TNG era during the Playmates line, the reality is I only really felt happiest collecting Trek when it was technology - starships and phasers.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, I understand. However, AA / DST is so missing out on the sculpts they could do for radically varrying figures:

Quark
    Gul Dukat (reuseable for Damar & Mirror Universe Garack)
    Kira
    General Martok (reuseable from Klingon Worf, not to mention Gowron, Duras, etc).
    Jem Hadar Warrior (easily sold army builder)
    The Founder
    Weyoun
    Ishka
    Breen Commander
    Rom
    Nog (waiter, Starfleet)
    Leeta
    Romulan Commander (various ranks)

There's a lot that could happen here. I don't know how profitable it would be for them, however. I think this is a very "niche" line and it's so much easier to balance a wave using re-used body parts. But while the Klingons and Cardassian uniforms are visually striking as figures, they actually ARE reusable.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

There is a good reason why the Wrath of Khan 1701 is delayed, DST is having huge quality control issues with the factory. One of my WNMHGB ships has a lighting defect in the bridge dome so I ordered a third one well it's worse off the saucer is leaning to starboard.

Captain!

Go ahead Scotty.

I Kanna hold the paint on the hull, Captain! It's the Chinese. They're using something that gets by even our shields!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Captain!

Go ahead Scotty.

I Kanna hold the paint on the hull, Captain! It's the Chinese. They're using something that gets by even our shields!
    Yeah really, all things consider my defective light ship is rembrandt compared to this new terd. It flickers then goes out for a few seconds at most then repeats this cycle randomly. If only I had the batteries not included aliens....

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    There is a good reason why the Wrath of Khan 1701 is delayed, DST is having huge quality control issues with the factory. One of my WNMHGB ships has a lighting defect in the bridge dome so I ordered a third one well it's worse off the saucer is leaning to starboard.
    Man, that sucks eggs! Stupid DST may have put the final nail in Trek collecting's coffin with that move, damn fools. I was searching around for info about the WOK Enterprise and found a bunch of folks on AA's forums complaining about the printing on the TOS Enterprise - they sounded like whiners until I got to mine in the living room and saw "ENTE RPRISE" with the latter slightly higher than the former, and all off-balance to the "NCC-1701". Then I remembered the issues with the seams on the plugs and the saucer not being very good. And now what you're saying, it sounds like they've just slid into mediocrity. Tragic, I loved this line.