Page 81 of 168 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
    I have only seen them on eBay. They are pack-ins to some kind of candy or snack in Japan only.
    What they get in each box is a mystery I do believe. So they have to hunt them down, and you get a little box for each craft that has already been opened, and the model is a snap-together in a little bag.
    You can usually get them from a west coast eBay e-tailer, or a reputable seller (one with 100% positive feedback recommended) from Japan. That's how I got all three waves.

Yeah, they're Japanese gashopon models, you buy them from overpriced vending machines, they have an envelope of weird chocolate nibs IIRC. They're blind-packed so all the good ones are more expensive on the aftermarket because the vendor has to get stuck with 3 turkeys to get that one.

Nice pics Twoth, man do I wish I had that Defiant, it's really nice-looking. I'd say it's close to scale with the AA Ent-E as well, that's awesome. I have the Furuta Ent-E, it's nice but it has a bit of a "bend" to the design that I'm not fond of.

The JL Ent-A bums me out, they got so much right and then the top of the saucer is all wrong and ruins it for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd found the few candy toy Furuta Trek ships that I have at a really nice Japanese market down in Southern California. (Marukai in Torrance.)

Kind of a minor thing, because in the end it really works the same way, but there's a difference between "gashapon" and "candy toys." like JT said, gashapon are those vending machine toys that are packed a lot like anything you'd get here in the US... with the clear plastic ball container, etc. Candy toys tend to be just a little nicer, and (like JT said) can come "blind packed" in a box. Candy Toys more often than not come boxed with some lame-ish candy. As I understand it, in Japan you're not allowed to sell toys in grocery stores unless they're part of a food item. (This may have changed or I've heard it wrong, but that's how I came to understand it years ago.)

BTW, the name "gashapon" comes from the sound that the vending machine makes when you turn the handle and the toy drops down. Gasha-pon!

And some more more. I love taking these pics http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...6&d=1191660162
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ent B.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	16152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ent B 2.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	16153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Defiant DS9.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	16154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Future & D.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	16155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Future E.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	16156  

I wouldn't mind having the futura Romulan Warbird and 1701-E but since I'm not willing to shell out huge bucks I'll never get them. I have series 2 of those ships which includes Future 1701-D and Voyager.

Yeah, they're way over priced. I lucked out and got them included from a Japanese seller before they started climing in price. They're not that spectacular.
    I have the Furuta Enterprise D and Future D also, but I highly recommend the JL ones. Wave four is supposed to be out this month hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Yeah, they're way over priced. I lucked out and got them included from a Japanese seller before they started climing in price. They're not that spectacular.
    I have the Furuta Enterprise D and Future D also, but I highly recommend the JL ones. Wave four is supposed to be out this month hopefully.
    I have series 1 and 2 of the JL stuff I never got wave 3. I will get wave 4 if possible.

Ah, thanks for the explanation PF, I didn't realize they weren't sold in vending machines as well. The candy with the Furutas is pretty weird chocolate.

JL wave 3 was the wave they should have released instead of overdoing variants in wave 2, that alone may have kept the line going if they had got a better schedule together. The problem is that JL is trying too hard to milk every last penny out of these molds instead of keeping the line overall salient.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So what FIGURES do you think AA/DS will be doing next?

In line to ship (no one has these yet, right?) are WOK Kirk, WOK bloody Kirk, WOK Khan, and WOK Terrel.

Following them up will be WOK Spock, WOK Uhura, WOK Saavik, WOK Away Team Kirk.

Do you think the WOK figures are over? They could so do some more cool ones from that film!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

DS9 hasn't shipped yet (to my knowledge) but coming are:

Ezri Dax, Jadzia Dax, Ezri Dax with Rifle, Sisko, Odo

The line would continue with very obvious choices, but do you think we'll see them do them? What's holding the show up?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.