Page 82 of 167 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The candy with the Furutas is pretty weird chocolate.
    I know... it reminds me of rabbit poop.

I really miss that market down there BTW. We have an OK one up here, but Marukai is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    I know... it reminds me of rabbit poop.

I really miss that market down there BTW. We have an OK one up here, but Marukai is the best.
    It was chocolate covered rice. I ate mine, they weren't half bad either. They were just different is all.

They don't sweeten it as much as western candy, and the texture's a little weirder too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd like to try that candy someday. I like Japanese snacks. Particularly the soy covered rice crackers, shrimp chips, and every once in a while the salted dried plums.
    All these Furutas and I never tried the candy they come with.

The thread is titled "Star Trek FIGURES" but nobody here talks about figures - it's all about the ships - and now also about funky pieces of Japanese chocolate.

I think a moderator should change the thread title. It's misleading.

But may I remind you that if it were not for the characters, there'd be no one in Star Trek to fly the ships. And the figures represent the characters!

This is all a conspiracy to frustrate me, isn't it?

Not only am I not any closer to getting a Weyoun, Founder, or Martok figure, but no one is willing to discuss it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They don't sweeten it as much as western candy, and the texture's a little weirder too.
    That's exactly why alot of americans are raving fat asses. My achilles heal was soda, I don't have too much of a sweet tooth. If you get too much of a sweet tooth you're not going to have any teeth left. I ate all of the chocolate rice futura packs and enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    My achilles heal was soda, I don't have too much of a sweet tooth. If you get too much of a sweet tooth you're not going to have any teeth left. I ate all of the chocolate rice futura packs and enjoyed them.
    Soda (cola) is the worst thing possible for your teeth... hasn't done me any good. I gave up soda a while ago. Have tried to any way.

Didn't say I didn't eat my Furuta candies BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I think a moderator should change the thread title. It's misleading.
    Maybe if they'd start cooking up a little variety, not just a bunch of WOK, we'd have more to talk about. Show me some new TOS figures and I'll clap my hands.

What happened with the "retro" (MEGO-ish) figures anyway? Did anybody see those at retail?

Romando Furuta JL star trek ships/More Furuta ships?/Corgi starships

[FONT=&quot]Hey now...

Didn't know that bit about candy toys/gashapon either... kewl. Gasha- pon banzai!

There's also another line of Japanese candy toy Star Trek starships by ROMANDO...similar to JL and Furuta.

see wave 1 (change x's to t's)

hxxp://my.reset.jp/~kyushu/etc/romando_ships.jpg

see wave 2

hxxp://spaceship.brainiac.com/Konami/star-trek.jpeg

They're a bit smaller than JL or Furuta but pretty kewl... I've got 'em all except the 8472 Bioship and the Voyager. DS9 is huge...way bigger than Hallmark's even. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Is Furuta putting out any more ships? They're excellent, too. Got everything except the Romulan warbird (just got the glowing Borg Cube and sphere for $14!).

Are there any other Japanese lines? I know about Konami Space 1999 and Alien ships, Tomy's Star Wars ships...what else is there?

Looking forward to the JL wave 4. JL are pulling a Titanium Series maneuver by just putting out repaints, though. They're gonna kill it... and it nearly died already!

How about another Enterprise B and C, huh? Furuta is the only one that bothered...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The rumoured Corgi Enterprise E would be nice...it would be the right scale for JL and Furuta. The Corgi Enterprise D is awesome…the primary hull is huge!
    There's supposedly a Corgi Voyager on the horizon, too. Can't say much about the "raw metal" versions tho...
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 10-09-2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: back-to-back posts

(I've gotta merge your posts.)

As far as Trek goes, I don't know about other companies. Sure someone else around here does...

I only saw the Mego type Kirk and Klingon 2-pk once at a Hastngs. Should've bought it, it's the last time I've seen it. I liked the soft goods (clothes) and detail. If I remember they are the same size as the AA's, but I liked them better.

Just checked out those Romandos on eBay (a good reference guide)
    wouldn't mind getting that DS9 if it's larger than the Hallmark one which is big.
    I'd like to see some close ups or comparison pics of those ships next to the Furutas or JL's
    The JL Enterprise D for instance is almost an inch bigger than the Furuta one (and a lot better detail) but the JL Voyager is about 3/4 the size of the Furuta one.
    Bandai also makes some kewl little ships, but I only have the "Aliens" Sulaco
    I've got my eyes on the Bandai Star Trek ships which are close to the size of the AA's but are even more super-detailed, with lights. Most go in the $100 range. They are no longer made so they are just going to go up in price and value.

I hope Corgi does make the next wave of ships.

I still want the Sideshow Premium Kirk and Spock. They look really nice.
    I'd almost wish Sideshow would make a few 12" Star Trek figures, but Playmates did such a nice job (except for Gorn & Mugatu) I don't see the need. I've got every one except POTA 12" Diamond Exclusives Kirk & Spock...one of these days.