Page 84 of 167 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
    Trek figures are boring, they all have the same costumes, are too expensive, and have a horrible release schedule to go with their awful distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    [FONT=&quot]Hey now...

Didn't know that bit about candy toys/gashapon either... kewl. Gasha- pon banzai!

There's also another line of Japanese candy toy Star Trek starships by ROMANDO...similar to JL and Furuta.

see wave 1 (change x's to t's)

hxxp://my.reset.jp/~kyushu/etc/romando_ships.jpg

see wave 2

hxxp://spaceship.brainiac.com/Konami/star-trek.jpeg

They're a bit smaller than JL or Furuta but pretty kewl... I've got 'em all except the 8472 Bioship and the Voyager. DS9 is huge...way bigger than Hallmark's even. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Is Furuta putting out any more ships? They're excellent, too. Got everything except the Romulan warbird (just got the glowing Borg Cube and sphere for $14!).

Are there any other Japanese lines? I know about Konami Space 1999 and Alien ships, Tomy's Star Wars ships...what else is there?

Looking forward to the JL wave 4. JL are pulling a Titanium Series maneuver by just putting out repaints, though. They're gonna kill it... and it nearly died already!

How about another Enterprise B and C, huh? Furuta is the only one that bothered...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The rumoured Corgi Enterprise E would be nice...it would be the right scale for JL and Furuta. The Corgi Enterprise D is awesome…the primary hull is huge!
    There's supposedly a Corgi Voyager on the horizon, too. Can't say much about the "raw metal" versions tho...
    [/FONT]
    The Romando sets looked cool, but when I saw that they were smaller than the Micro Machines it turned me way off... that and the difficulty getting them. Konami is supposedly about to start their own Trek line of ships in Japan, but it's like the same ol' same ol' entries, nothing exciting.

Corgi is so drag-arse it's painful. If they do a Defiant, I'll be in 7th heaven, but at this point I don't know if we'll ever see anything from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I still want the Sideshow Premium Kirk and Spock. They look really nice.
    I'd almost wish Sideshow would make a few 12" Star Trek figures, but Playmates did such a nice job (except for Gorn & Mugatu) I don't see the need. I've got every one except POTA 12" Diamond Exclusives Kirk & Spock...one of these days.
    That reminds me, at comic-con, Gentle Giant had a no-photography clothed Picard, I think 10" or so.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    I drink lots of tap water and have a sonic toothbrush. I try not to drink pepsi all of the time.
    Doesn't matter unless you brush your teeth within 15 minutes of drinking a soda. The sugar in soda is the least of your teeth's worries, the cola itself is highly acidic, and then the carbonation turns into carbonic acid which is extremely damaging to your teeth.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It does matter, tap water has flouride in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Good news, everybody! TWOK Series 1 and both TWOK Enterprises should be at NewForce very soon!

Also, they have FC Data in stock already.
    I have FC Data on preorder.

I haven't seen a charge for the WOK Enterprise yet, but hopefully it's soon.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    It does matter, tap water has flouride in it.
    Fluoride slowly toughens enamel, but the acids in soda are quite strong, fluoride isn't a cure-all, it's just a slight edge.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I haven't seen a charge for the WOK Enterprise yet, but hopefully it's soon.

Fluoride slowly toughens enamel, but the acids in soda are quite strong, fluoride isn't a cure-all, it's just a slight edge.
    I swash the water in my mouth right after I drink pepsi so the sugar and acid don't have much quality time with my teeth.

Someone I hope I run into someone willing to buy a WNMHGB 1701, I have a thid one that has some obvious but fixable factory flaws. I bought it in the hopes of having a perfect extra one but it's worse off than the flickering bridge light one I have.

Just checked out those Romandos on eBay (a good reference guide)
    wouldn't mind getting that DS9 if it's larger than the Hallmark one which is big.
    I'd like to see some close ups or comparison pics of those ships next to the Furutas or JL's
    The JL Enterprise D for instance is almost an inch bigger than the Furuta one (and a lot better detail) but the JL Voyager is about 3/4 the size of the Furuta one.

By request, I knocked out a couple pix for you... it was a good excuse to play with 'em.

Yeah the Romando DS9 is huge but a complete ***** to assemble...in the end it was worth it, tho. The Hallmark miniships are better scaled for it, I think...might move 'em over.

More coming...

First, here's DS9:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DS9 scale profile.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	16181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DS9 top view.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	16182  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

More Enterprise E

More pics of the Big E...more later. Ciao

Name:	Enterprise E top view stands.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	16183  

More Enterprise E

Continued pics of the Enterprise E... all actual size relative to each other...

Name:	Enterprise E flypass3.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	16184  

Yet more Enterprise E

But wait...there's more

Name:	Enterprise E mix2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	16185