Page 89 of 167 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Would it matter to JL? They "appeared," granted they weren't shown as close-ups, but at the very least the Excalibur was destroyed (and mentioned by name) in the incident. So, if they make it they could decide to make the other three, afterall it only requires them to change the registry. It's like insta-profit.
    Exactly, just like Hasbro's repaint'o'rama.

Excaliber

Well, of course duh on the quad fleet shot... guess I wasn't sarcastic enough... call me crazy. Do the lights all blink in unison?

I guess that I was making the point that the ship usually has to actually appear in an episode or film before they make a replica in this scale...

There were supposed to be 12 Constitution-class ships in TOS starfleet, I think. I'd be happy with them all... how about a JL boxset?

Considering JL was ready to kill the line recently, I'll take anything in this scale from them...

That's certainly not true of Hasbro tho... a black "stealth" at-at's out soon. Again, I'll get 'em all...

But still, frack all the repaints.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

There's profit in JL's line? I suspect they're losing money hand over fist the way it's been managed into the ground.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No clue actually, I just assumed they must have been making a profit from not having to create (m)any new molds. Why else would they even want to put another wave out?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Jl

Apparently, but I can't remember where I read it, JL's last wave of ships sold much better than the others so they decided to carry on. "Much better than anticipated", I believe.

Still, only 1 seller of the new wave on eBay... $60 US for all 6. Christmas is coming so I guess they'll be out before then.

I'm just sick of the same old ships...namely, the Enterprise 1701, 1701 refit, D, Klingon BOP, and the freakin Reliant.

Found a site showing the (early unpainted) Konami Candy Toy ships:

http://www.konami.jp/th/figure/dir/

At least they're doing the Enterprise B and E.

Jl's last wave were mostly new exiting toolings is why they sold so good. Other than the lame cloaked Romulan Warbird, and the ISS Enterprise which was a major cool re-paint.

There was a guy selling the whole set of wave 4 the other day for $25.00, but he didn't mention the shipping charge...hmm. Everyone else is at $60.00 which is way overpriced.
    You can order a whole case from e-tailers with two of each, and a possible White Lightning for that amount. (which is what I did)

Those Konami's look cool. I wonder what size they are in comparison to the JL's and Furutas (isn't that always the question?)
    Wonder why they aren't painting them? I'm not much for "pewter" editions. Or is that the prototypes?

I have the Konami Sulaco which is cool.

Konami Star Trek

I think they're unpainted prototypes... but I'm not sure. I don't read kanji... my screen shows ??? for text, anyway. Maybe someone who reads japanese can tell us. The page is many months old but I've never seen any more about 'em.

I don't like "raw metal" or pewter versions of any ships, either ... usually pass on them or stick 'em in a box. I did like the raw metal Death Star titanium, tho.

I have the Nostromo, Narcissus, Dropship, and Sulaco from the Alien Konami set... all are really detailed and well painted. They look great with the SW and BSG titaniums... purists back off! Would love a Derelict ship or a Betty.

Anyone seen any other pics of the Konami Star Trek ships?

Pics of Corgi Defiant

Anyone got pics of the Corgi Romulan Warbird, Defiant, or Voyager? It looks like they're not in the catalog for next year either, apparently. Not good... thought they were out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    Anyone got pics of the Corgi Romulan Warbird, Defiant, or Voyager? It looks like they're not in the catalog for next year either, apparently. Not good... thought they were out this year.
    Yes I do they were posted on here a month or two ago by me I can post them again give me a sec.