Page 90 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast

Corgi Trek

Thanks James for reposting the pix... very interesting.

Voyager (and especially the Defiant) look kinda fat to me... maybe it's the angle/pic. The Hallmark and Furuta Defiants look slimmer.

What's with the yellow nacelles on the Warbird... I thought green would be more appropriate... must be a different type of quantum singularity onboard.

I'd love a Warbird in this scale... I ain't got one. Strange that the Strike Force collection of ships never had a Romulan but they went for Ferengi and Cardassian ships instead. Whaddafu...

James, were you able to confirm if they're actually making these ships?
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    Thanks James for reposting the pix... very interesting.

Voyager (and especially the Defiant) look kinda fat to me... maybe it's the angle/pic. The Hallmark and Furuta Defiants look slimmer.

What's with the yellow nacelles on the Warbird... I thought green would be more appropriate... must be a different type of quantum singularity onboard.

I'd love a Warbird in this scale... I ain't got one. Strange that the Strike Force collection of ships never had a Romulan but they went for Ferengi and Cardassian ships instead. Whaddafu...

James, were you able to confirm if they're actually making these ships?
    I don't know if they are yet. I still have my Innerspace Warbird and the electronic Warbird around here somewhere. I hope they make it, the Warbird's nacelles would be dobable in green just make the hull of the ship the forest green that it is an make the engine grills a brighter obvious green. It's almost Bullitt highland green.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    No clue actually, I just assumed they must have been making a profit from not having to create (m)any new molds. Why else would they even want to put another wave out?
    I think they keep putting out repaints to pay off the molds they already have. And the greed.

Apparently, but I can't remember where I read it, JL's last wave of ships sold much better than the others so they decided to carry on. "Much better than anticipated", I believe.
    What's that? Fans want new molds and stuff that's not all from TOS? Who'da thunkit? Man JL is stupid.

I'm just sick of the same old ships...namely, the Enterprise 1701, 1701 refit, D, Klingon BOP, and the freakin Reliant.

Found a site showing the (early unpainted) Konami Candy Toy ships:

http://www.konami.jp/th/figure/dir/
    Dang Konami rules with sculpting, those look more like shooting models than anything else. I hope their paint lives up to that. I too am tired of most of those, but I do love the 1701 refit and only AA has ever gotten that right so I'll keep buyin' 'em. The BOP has only ever been done TOTALLY right by Galoob with the swing-wing micro machine, the Corgi sculpt is good but no movable wings, so I'll keep watching for those.

There's nowhere to put a figure, the body is hollow and the "head" is too narrow really. If they used the head, it'd have to be way out of scale with the body.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I think they keep putting out repaints to pay off the molds they already have. And the greed.

What's that? Fans want new molds and stuff that's not all from TOS? Who'da thunkit? Man JL is stupid.

Dang Konami rules with sculpting, those look more like shooting models than anything else. I hope their paint lives up to that. I too am tired of most of those, but I do love the 1701 refit and only AA has ever gotten that right so I'll keep buyin' 'em. The BOP has only ever been done TOTALLY right by Galoob with the swing-wing micro machine, the Corgi sculpt is good but no movable wings, so I'll keep watching for those.

There's nowhere to put a figure, the body is hollow and the "head" is too narrow really. If they used the head, it'd have to be way out of scale with the body.
    The innerspace Warbird had a two figure cockpit in the middle of the body.

Yeah, but Innerspace took more liberties with ship designs and accuracy than Strike Force.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Romulan Warbird

Now that I think about it, the Hallmark Romulan Warbird is fairly good for JL scale... the colour's a bit glossy though. A pain in the arse to display on a stand but quite possible cuz I did it.

I've got the Hallmark and Innerspace warbirds but not the Furuta one...too damn pricey. Most of my Innerpace have been demoted to boxes now that the JLs and Furutas came out. Innerspace took way too many liberties, I think.

I can't find any more info about the Konami ships or whether Furuta or Romando are doing more either.

Just a reminder of what we had to settle for until recently:

http://www.startrekcollectibles.co.u...MODELS_50.html

There's a few specials here: Marvel at the Smithsonian Enterprise A and 2 Dinky Klingon Battlecruisers. Bask in the glow of the frighteningly accurate Corgi Jr. Enterprise refit... just don't lose an eye to the nacelles...safety first.

And the Corgi D7s don't look much like Birds of Prey to me.

Yeah, the sculpting on the Konami's looks amazing but I don't know about paint... for some reason I think they are/were going to be painted up ...it's all a bit foggy because the announcement was about a fracking year ago or more.

Did anyone pick up the Hallmark Future Enterprise D this year? It's just slightly larger than the JL (the primary hull's about an inch wider oval but the stardrive is almost the same width) with nice paint and it lights up... but it didn't come with a stand... they cheaped out this year.

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/s...AE_P_CAD_gifts

Still, highly recommended.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Just a reminder of what we had to settle for until recently:

http://www.startrekcollectibles.co.u...MODELS_50.html

There's a few specials here: Marvel at the Smithsonian Enterprise A and 2 Dinky Klingon Battlecruisers. Bask in the glow of the frighteningly accurate Corgi Jr. Enterprise refit... just don't lose an eye to the nacelles...safety first.
    That Smithsonian Ent-A is the old Corgi mold (I don't think that Corgi Jr on the page is the same mold, but it could be the reflection on the bubble and the ridiculous registry number throwing me). I had that model 3pack of TOS ships, it was pretty good. Oh, and we can't knock the Micro Machines line, that was soooooo much better than anything we've gotten since in terms of breadth.

And the Corgi D7s don't look much like Birds of Prey to me.
    Heh heh, but they have giant "K" stickers on them!

Yeah, the sculpting on the Konami's looks amazing but I don't know about paint... for some reason I think they are/were going to be painted up ...it's all a bit foggy because the announcement was about a fracking year ago or more.
    I would remember if they weren't going to be painted.

DST announced a TWOK 2-pack;

As observant Star Trek fans should already be aware, a special edition action figure two-pack will be released early next year featuring two of the biggest names in Trek history. The “Death of Spock” two-pack will feature a radiation-exposed Spock and a distressed James T. Kirk! Taken from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, this special edition two-pack features all-new paint applications and movie-style accessories.
    A preview picture is here: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=12036

I hope the Kirk isn't too "distressed" as I was wanting a Kirk with the open fold on the tunic, but the double cross Kirk has the blood stain. He didn't have the blood stain anymore at this point in the movie so it definitely shouldn't have that.

For some reason I prefer the opened fold look and hope they release Sulu and Uhura like that as well, I'm pretty sure they're the only ones beside Kirk to wear the uniform like that.

Also, this was posted today by Rick at NewForce on the Art Asylum board regarding the TWOK Enterprises-

they are in route to us now....hope to start shipping tomorrow or friday, but, we are going to try to manually combine reg orders and BD ordes, so that is a HUGE undertaking, but will save our customers $7 in shipping costs...so, bear with me for a few days to organize
    rick
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I hate when they use the regular sculpt as the basis for something like Spock, who certainly shouldn't have chipper eyes and a slight smile. Still, it's cool they're doing this at all. And I totally agree, Kirk needs that shirt open, it helps him stand out and look more "action"y.

I still need to get series 1 WOK figures. I will get this death of spock pack.