Page 92 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
    The K stickered ship is a Klingon K'Tinga class battlecruiser not a freaking bird of prey!

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Playmates was the one that made the Goddard type 6, which was pretty awesome. I really need to buy another.
    Man is that thing cool, I have it somewhere, they did an amazing job. Great sounds and lights, authentic design and interior (scaled down though, there's only 1 pilot seat and only 1 aft cabin with benches (some eps seem to have 2 sections, 1 with benches and 1 with either benches or containers).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    the cool Revell Mini-models of the Voyager, Kazon, and Maquis ...gotta get those someday. It's the only small Maquis ship out there... excepting MM.
    Playmates Strike Force line had a Maquis Fighter, it had flappy wings but was otherwise fairly accurate.

Anybody ever built the mini-Revells? They look hilariously small next to their boxes in the pics.
    NO KIDDING! They look ridiculous next to the box, that must have been the most underwhelming build of all time!

There's a closeup of the uncannily accurate Corgi Jr. Enterprise with its amazingly well-scaled warp nacelles.
    I'm more interested in what they did to the secondary hull, it looks like they cut it in half down the spine. The giant "NCC-1701" sticker is no great shakes either.

I've seen small resin workbees and travel pods on eBay but they don't seem worth the time and effort to me. Considering the enormous amount of dead time spent tooling around the Enterprise in ST:TMP, you'd have thunk they'd have made one in larger scales than MM. Ilia would shudder...
    Enterprise was the show nobody wanted a piece of.

And yes, JediTricks is right when he says the ST:5 Copernicus shuttle was redressed as a Type 6 in TNG, not the "bouncing" Type 7. My mistake... wrong shuttle redress, right name. Good thing I said "I think..."... or people would have been all over me...
    Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    The K stickered ship is a Klingon K'Tinga class battlecruiser not a freaking bird of prey!
    Yes, that's the big mistake they made.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Corgi didn't, people keep calling it a bird of prey. A BOP is totally different than the K'Tinga.

The K Sticker

James, I'd figure that anyone posting to this forum would know the difference between a battlecruiser and a BOP... obviously, a lot of websites don't.

JediTricks, I've got all of the Strike Force ships but they're underwhelming, overall... not very accurate but better than Innerspace.

Saw an episode of Enterprise recently that featured the NX Alpha, Beta, and Delta

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sc...pe-screen2.jpg

Looks like a later version of the Phoenix... would be cool to have one.

Here's another ship we'll never see... the Enterprise XCV-330.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sc...ise-screen.jpg

It'd be cool to have one of those (and the Enterprise J) to round out the Enterprise collection.

Saw a Revell Mini-Voyager on eBay...going for a ridiculous $50 and bidding was still on...
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Just so ya know, linking to images on Ex-Astris like that doesn't work, Bernd (the owner) blocks it.

I can't believe the Revell mini-Voyager is going for so much now, it used to go for dirt cheap.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Pretty weird today, I was looking for the JL Trek ships at TRU but to no avail, but we went to a newer Wal-Mart after that and they had two of each of wave 4! They were $4.77 each according to the peg. I say according to the peg because when we got to the register we had trouble, they wouldn't show up in the system. We had to give the guy the price to input, but this isn't the first this has happened with JL.

A month or two back when the JL Speed Racers came out, my stepdad wanted to get the Mach 5 which we found at the local Wal-Mart, but none of them would register when checking out. The woman told us the item had been recalled and she had to pull it from the shelf, of course a couple weeks later we come back and every single one is still there. So, we try again but we remember the price just in case, and the woman (different woman) just put in the price. After that, the rest gradually disappeared.

Anyhoo, I got 2 of Voyager and 2 of the Cube, I was disappointed to see that Voyager already has the landing attached. Does anyone know if they're removeable? If they're not it's not a big deal, I'll just display it landed and get the wave 3 Voyager later, but it'd be nice if they were removeable.

If I hadn't gotten so much already I would've gotten the Ent-A, Majestic and Defiant as well. Originally I didn't want the Majestic or Defiant, but they look very awesome. Especially the Majestic, the hull plate detail is AMAZING. The only thing that kind of ruins it is the flame burst on the top of the hull, but I'm hoping that can be removed.

On the Enterprise-A, the sticker that should be describing the photon torpedo effect calls it a phaser... Unless it's an error and it got Defiant's sticker.

The Enterprise-D is very tempting at first, but due to the horrid orange paint around the saucer it's a quick turn-off. They all look beautiful in the heat sealed JL packaging though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Pretty weird today, I was looking for the JL Trek ships at TRU but to no avail, but we went to a newer Wal-Mart after that and they had two of each of wave 4! They were $4.77 each according to the peg. I say according to the peg because when we got to the register we had trouble, they wouldn't show up in the system. We had to give the guy the price to input, but this isn't the first this has happened with JL.

A month or two back when the JL Speed Racers came out, my stepdad wanted to get the Mach 5 which we found at the local Wal-Mart, but none of them would register when checking out. The woman told us the item had been recalled and she had to pull it from the shelf, of course a couple weeks later we come back and every single one is still there. So, we try again but we remember the price just in case, and the woman (different woman) just put in the price. After that, the rest gradually disappeared.

Anyhoo, I got 2 of Voyager and 2 of the Cube, I was disappointed to see that Voyager already has the landing attached. Does anyone know if they're removeable? If they're not it's not a big deal, I'll just display it landed and get the wave 3 Voyager later, but it'd be nice if they were removeable.

If I hadn't gotten so much already I would've gotten the Ent-A, Majestic and Defiant as well. Originally I didn't want the Majestic or Defiant, but they look very awesome. Especially the Majestic, the hull plate detail is AMAZING. The only thing that kind of ruins it is the flame burst on the top of the hull, but I'm hoping that can be removed.

On the Enterprise-A, the sticker that should be describing the photon torpedo effect calls it a phaser... Unless it's an error and it got Defiant's sticker.

The Enterprise-D is very tempting at first, but due to the horrid orange paint around the saucer it's a quick turn-off. They all look beautiful in the heat sealed JL packaging though.
    I want those wave 4 ships, I'll have to check my local walmart in that case.

NFC charged my card today for the WOK Enterprise, only 4.5 months after I preordered it. It's gonna take over a week to get here though, darn UPS slow-as-hell.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Mine is on the way as well
    My WOK 1701's are on their way, should be here day after tomorrow.