Page 95 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
    Wow, lots of Khan lines, seems kinda weird to have them at all since it's over comms. And why the handheld phaser sound? That seems kinda out there. Still, yay that it exists at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Cool!

I'm going to open one of them. Probably not the Battle-damaged one as it's the exclusive.
    Does Kirk's voice have an echo on Khaaaaan! like the movie? It would be a nice touch.
    Actually yeah it does have the echo sorry about that I went back an listened there is definitely the echo effect.

Yeah the echo effect...that's my favorite one. Just got both my WOK's.
    I opened the regular Refit today. I think I counted 16 sounds.
    Cool ship for the money.
    One thing though. What's up with the cheesy stand? It won't fit the hole on the replacement battery hatch. Looks like you have to force it, which I don't want to do for fear of breakage. What's the solution here? Looks like I might be putting the original hatch back on and hanging it with 2lb fishline from a hook in the ceiling. I don't know what else to do.
    Is this the quality-delay issue that the Refit had? If so, they definitely didn't solve it.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I was notified that they are shipping my figures:

Khan
    Kirk
    Bloodied Kirk
    Terrel

I should get them either today or next week.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I was notified that they are shipping my figures:

Khan
    Kirk
    Bloodied Kirk
    Terrel

I should get them either today or next week.
    Have the little brochure of those figs included with the ship. Looks like there is quite a few exclusives in there.
    Double-cross Kirk (bloodied) - Prieviews Exclusive
    McCoy - New Force
    Sulu - Diamond
    Scotty - AFX (though he's not in the cool engineer suit)
    Checkov - Toyrocket

Khan, Spock, and Captain Terrel look like they are the only ones that aren't exclusives so far.

I see on the back of the box as well, labeled as "collect them all"
    Uhura
    Regula one Kirk
    Saavik
    Genesis Khan (that one's gotta look pretty knarly)

That's alot if figures
    I might just buy these figures, as Wrath of Khan is my favorite ST movie, with my favorite Starfleet uniforms.

Genesis Khan is the injured Khan in the SDCC figure set. I have that set from NFC. Both of my WOK 1701's that came in are the regular one, are you saying you got the Battle Damaged one too? I preordered the wave 1 restock at NFC, I'm making an exception with the WOK figures I don't generally do the figures.

Yeah the echo effect...that's my favorite one. Just got both my WOK's.
    I opened the regular Refit today. I think I counted 16 sounds.
    Cool ship for the money.
    One thing though. What's up with the cheesy stand? It won't fit the hole on the replacement battery hatch. Looks like you have to force it, which I don't want to do for fear of breakage. What's the solution here? Looks like I might be putting the original hatch back on and hanging it with 2lb fishline from a hook in the ceiling. I don't know what else to do.
    Is this the quality-delay issue that the Refit had? If so, they definitely didn't solve it.
    It will fit, use just a tiny bit of force. Hold the upper part right below the ball it will go in with just a tiny bit of force. spin it left and right repeated;y as needed while pushing it in with a little bit of force. finesse works. My wok 1701's deflectors have different levels of transparent blue on them, the one thats still in the box albiet without batteries has a slightly heavier shade of blue in the dish.

Got it! Thanks James.
    Yes I did get the BD one, though I didn't open it. Maybe if they make a Reliant I will.

BTW: Have you seen the Bandia's? The more I look at the detail, the more I want one severely. At least the Refit (or A-option)

Can get one for the cost of three of these, though already money spent.

I generally don't do the AA figures either, but I think along the same lines with the WOK's

My 12" KB's WOK Kirk and Spock are my prize possesions, even though they're not worth a whole lot now - I don't care.
    I once thought of buying more for just those cool uniforms, and dressing up all the other TOS 12" figures in them, though there are slight differences in the uniforms (collar colors etc.)

Got it! Thanks James.
    Yes I did get the BD one, though I didn't open it. Maybe if they make a Reliant I will.

BTW: Have you seen the Bandia's? The more I look at the detail, the more I want one severely. At least the Refit (or A-option)

Can get one for the cost of three of these, though already money spent.

I generally don't do the AA figures either, but I think along the same lines with the WOK's

My 12" KB's WOK Kirk and Spock are my prize possesions, even though they're not worth a whole lot now - I don't care.
    I once thought of buying more for just those cool uniforms, and dressing up all the other TOS 12" figures in them, though there are slight differences in the uniforms (collar colors etc.)
    Damn that means my BD 1701's are not far off. I have the Bandai 1701 refit but haven't put it together. I think it comes with bulbs I'd rather have LED's. I know Bandai also screwed up they have an yellow-white color on the deflector because that's it's warm up phase color in TMP. If I get the chance I'll get Bandai 1701-E and put LED's in it, not super bright but realistic brightness because nobody goes through space that lit up unless they want to a giant bullseye on their ship. I have pictures of these ships with super bright LED's. Way too bright for realism. I have those two 12" WOK Kirk and Spock, I need to dust them off though. I have the very first electronic star trek ship ever, the south bend 1701 refit 20" long.

The bulbs would be fine with me.
    I read (on eBay) that the Refit kit had the option to make it a 1701-A with a blue deflector dish, and I thought that I saw one aready put together up for bid with said deflector.
    That might be a later release, but I would certainly rather have it that way.

BTW: the Bandai Voyager has gone up to an astronomical price. Too rich for my blood. Last time I checked (yesterday) one was up to $260.00, and the auction still has a few days to go. The Enterprise One, Refit and E prices are not so bad.