Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    I think they've also mentioned something about a Voyager line.

Wouldn't mind getting a Voyager bridge set to build with the deluxe figures. I hope they do DS9 too, how hard could it be to make the Defiant bridge? It's kinda small...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

What's up, everbody?

Sorry, forgot to check this section yesterday. I got the entire set at Frank&Sons on Sat. They were selling for $12 each or set of 6 for $60.00 - I bought the set. Target will be $8.00 each, I believe, so I was happy to pay a little extra and hand pick ones that looked great. Supposedly, the Suliban is shortpacked, but the little dude I bought the set from had what looked like even packed cases (he has a direct account), so I don't know what to think about that, but Digger, Art Asylum's Pres acknowledged on his site that the packing is heavier on the main characters, but nothing Hasbro-hardened combatants like us haven't seen (and far worse).

Jt and Jayspawn, deluxe aren't out yet, these are the standard figs. I believe Reed will be the deluxe that has the same components as one other, not sure who that other is though, but should be able to buy him without wasting money on his more expensive counterpart coming out. I'll try to double-check if it was Reed and who else that had the same bridge pieces. As for the hip articulation, on the set I bought, I think its cool. Apparenty it is a rubber called kraeton (not latex). The material closely matches the rest of the fig. My figures seem strong in this issue. Supposedly this is a better material as it is not sensitive to the elements. The box does say when not in use, put the figure back to its packaged pose, which is really just having the figures stand, taking any kind of pressure off of the Kraeton material, which is glued to the rest of the figure. Based on the message boards at the Art asylum site, some are complaining about excessive glue showing, or paint chipping (over there, I am under the screen man named Gorn, too many people wouldn't get Amanamatt at a Star Trek site), but I think the couple of posters who are being too negative are being just that: negative. However, if you buy any, it'd be smart a smart idea to inspect them as well as you can through the package before purchasing. Back to the positive, the figures, IMO, are quite masterful, and I don't use that word often. Every figure looks identical to their real-life counterpart. The Archer figure has Scott Backula's face...honestly seems to have an emotionally detailed facial sculpt, you'll see what I mean. These look better close up, IMo, than the few pics I've seen on the Net.

Ps. Art Asylum has confirmed that a Classic Trek line is now in the works, for 2003 as well as a Commuicator-exclusive Phlox coming later this year or early next.
    Last edited by AmanaMatt; 07-30-2002 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks for the info Amanamatt. I'm going to keep my Playmates collection. I'm looking forward to the Classic Star Trek figures myself. The NX Enterprise looks so well detailed. I can't wait for the other ships.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I kinda figured it'd be F&S for you Matt, but I didn't wanna say anything.

Hmm, putting the figs back in their "standing" position is gonna KILL any diorama designs. I think I'll avoid the basics and just concentrate on the deluxes. Glad to hear the classic trek is confirmed, now if only Digger can survive the year (I've heard things, not good, money issues)...

Thanks for the review!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh man, don't tell me that! I want these guys to be around awhile, as these figs are cool.

As far as the figures being returned to their original poses, I think this is more precautionary for the long haul more than anything.
    Real men buy Willrow

SCORE! I picked up the whole line of Enterprise figures this afternoon at Target for $7.99!!! I opened them up this evening, they are awesome! The extra accessories and detail is amazing. The likeness to the actors is great.

They were not the deluxe versions, but well worth it. I can't wait till Art Asylum does the Classic line!

Originally posted by Amanamatt

Ps. Art Asylum has confirmed that a Classic Trek line is now in the works, for 2003 as well as a Commuicator-exclusive Phlox coming later this year or early next.
    I picked up Archer, Silik, and Reed (my fav Enterprise character!)
    yesterday at an awesome local store called Zeus.

The employee I was talking to there actually said that the Classic line from AA was going to be a mishmash of characters from ALL the previous Trek series. They had been shown pics of the prototypes and he said that Kirk and Spock were the two Classic characters being made, along with Janeway, Sisko and a few others he couldn't remember. My guess is Kira and 7of9 but that's not based on any real info.

I think this is really the best way for them to do it. With the amount of time it takes them to pump out a figure, it's good that they will have something for everyone, instead of just having all of the Classic Trek crew, or all of the *shudder* Voyager crew.

I'm REALLY excited about the DS9 figures, and I hope that they might include a Jem Hadar with the first couple figures so Sisko wil at least have someone to battle if the Star Trek line gets cancelled before they can make more of the crew.

And I truly hope that Art Asylum has a lot of success with this line and are able to produce at least the majority of the main crews.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Looks like the Enterprise figures are starting to show up in more places. All my local TRU, Sam Goody, Media Play stores are carrying them.

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    Looks like the Enterprise figures are starting to show up in more places. All my local TRU, Sam Goody, Media Play stores are carrying them.
    Yeah, I'm a little upset that I shelled out $10 each at my comic book store when I could have got them for $7.99 at Target. For some reason I thought they were only going to be sold at speciality shops, like most of AA's previous figures.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Thats what I thought too. I wish I didn't have to wait until December to get Picard and Data.