Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Saw Art Asylum's Phase Pistol and Communicator role-play toy yesterday at a comic shop in LA. While not as crude as the original photo-use prototypes, they're still kinda low-end with a little slop in the sculpting and poor choices of materials and paints. The orange ring on the phase pistol's emitter is a real let-down, but I suppose a legal necessity. The try-me package is only for the phase pistol and doesn't do much, just one sound effect and no light (I'm not sure if the set does anything else, but I hope so). I will get this set when I see it at a regular store (sorry, but $25 at the comic shop is ridiculous) but I hope this isn't indicitive of AA's non-figure toys.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm glad the role playing set is showing up somewhere. $25 is a little much. I can't wait till the NX Enterprise shows up!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'm impressed w/ Art Asylums ads for the upcoming Away Team and Nemises figures, but I'm a little dissapointed by the amount and choice of characters. It would be cool if aside from Picard and Data (for example), they made Riker, LaForge or Troi. I would like to have a complete set of officers in their movie or tv uniforms.

Upcoming Star Trek figures!

Art Asylum is showing some great Star Trek stuff at Toy Fair! Here's what he have coming...

Captain Kirk w/ phaser rifle
    Dr. McCoy w/ tricorder
    Lt. Uhura w/ datapad
    The Gorn (Haha) w/ his rock knife
    and KHAN!!!!!

Also a CLASSIC Phaser and Communicator!

I don't know about you guys, but now I'm really set off. I thought they were going to do Spock in the 1st series, they probably will I guess. I hope Sulu, Scotty and Checkov follow soon. These figures are gonna be great!

Anybody else?

FYI, I just picked up a complete set of Enterprise figures at Sam Goody, ALL at 75% off!!!!!! I got them as extras (just in case).

It's a deal for anyone who's been putting a figure or two off. Be on the lookout!

I saw some info on these guys on Figures.com. I would suspect that Spock was held out as a "name player" for a Series 2, as Chekov and Sulu are not considered as marketable as the big three, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Having Spock lends a major character to a secondary release, along with probably a Romulan, or some other supporting or alien race representing character.

As for the announced Phaser/Communicator Set, I am hopeful that it will prove an improvement on the Playmates version. Don't get me wrong, Playmates did an incredible job on thier set, but in some ways it could have been better, such as from the standpoint of a removeable Phaser I. THAT would be cool! We shall see.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Thanks for the 411, I'll check that out as soon as I can. That's a heck of a savings, I hope it's nationwide.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Does anyone know where the Trek MiniMates are? I think they're quite nifty. I've seen them on Ebay, but no sign of them in stores yet.

The mini mates had been showing up sporadicaly at KBs for 6.99$ each, but are now showing up at Target for 4.99$. I bought Kirk, McCoy and Gorn, but wasn't able to find Spock, Mugato or Khan. Allso the Phase pistol and Enterprise are both out at TRU. The pistol is around 224, but I don't think it's an improvement from playmates. It looks cheap.

JIm

Yyyeeeaaahhhh!!! I picked up the Trek MiniMates at a new Target that just opened in my area. They were $4.99. Excellent price! And thats not the half of it, THEY HAD THE ENTERPISE!!!!! And Man does it look cool!!! The detail is amazing. To my dismay was that it wasn't as big as I thought it would be. It's only like a foot long. But thats ok. I can't wait for AA to make others! It's price tag was $19.99. Not too bad I suppose.