Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    I picked up the Ent tonight and posted my review in the Gen Disc section. It's a fantastic ship, and worth the $20 no question. The NX-01 is a smaller ship than most Trek ships, only holding 86 crewmembers, so with all these electronics and this fantastic detailing, I think the slightly smaller size and price are definitely an OK thing.

Saw the MiniMates and chuckled, but picked up none.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thats true. I forgot that Archer's ship holds a lot less than Kirks.I actually got restless and ordered an Enterprise online for the $19.99 price. It should arrive in a day or two. But I knew that I would find it in the store as soon as I ordered it!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Jayspawn, you've pretty much described reason-B of why I stopped ordering online (reason-A is prices, reason-C is shipping issues). Good luck getting your ship in the mail, and read the instructions about the nacelle attachment CAREFULLY.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Finally picked up a Broken Bow set, and I am very pleased with them. I can't wait to get the Nemesis set. Hopefully AA has success with the license as they have set the bar for the quality of ST figures. I can't wait for TOS and DS9 figures. It is good that AA started the Enterprise line early in the show, so they have got about five years of new figure possibilities.

I hope the line does well. They've been selling pretty well in my areas.

BTW, JT I did have to go back and re-attach one of the nacelles. It' stopped lighting up but works fine now. The ship looks really cool in the dark when you puch the button.

Another FYI, I found the Nemises figures at Target tonight for $7.99. There were 2 Picards and 2 Datas. And they look great! The likeness is unbelievable. They have all their articulation on the outside unlike the Enterprise figures. They don't come with a bunch of extra accessories or hands like Enterprise figures do which sucks. There was no sign of Shinzon or the other guy.

You can't pass there 2 up!

More Star Trek figures!!!! I found the DELUXE Enterprise figures today at Target. They were $19.99 and they are HUGE! YOu get a big ol chunk of the bridge section. And the sound effects and voice phrases are dead on! I saw a few Captain Archer and Malcom Reed sets. Fantastic! I can't wait till the T'Pol and Mayweather sets come out!

I saw 1 lone Reed dlx set 2 days ago, the audio was terrible and more of this "cycle through" crapola. The lack of a chair and accessories (that I could see anyway) assured me I'd be saving my $20 for something else, and Reed's costume wasn't even properly color-matched.

Thats crazy. The ones I saw looked pretty good.

I guess I better start looking at Targets. The price seems better than what the Game Stop will be selling them for.

I am probably only going to collect Enterprise figures / deluxe figures. The Nemesis stuff does look pretty good, but I'm mostly a Deep Space Nine fan - and even there I'd so long wished that Playmates would continue and make Brunt, Martok, Damar, Weyoun, the Founder, Admiral Ross, etc.- and in the original plastic figure size that the first 10 TNG figures came out in.

Why the interest in Enterprise? For one, it's shaping up into a great show. For another, this is the only size I'll ever get Enterprise figures in, so I don't have much of a choice. But there's no time travel possibilities here for interactive Trek figure play:

SISKO: "We'll you see, the Orb of Time explained it to me. In the past, humans used to be huge. Up until about 200 years ago, man used to be on average about 13 feet tall. This way original space explorers could hunt the whooly mamoth with their proto-phasers."

"So, to welcome Captain Archer to the 24th Century, we're going to have to remove all the upper decks around the Promenade..."

*At this time, Art Assylum has no plans to release a Captain Archer with Whooly Mammoth 2-pack, but possibly Porthos would be nice. The dog could be used as a giant changeling attacking my DS9 figures....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.