Page 5 of 167 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    I think they should have made Porthos figure to go along with Captain Archer.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

To this day I STILL have not seen any Nemesis figures or Enterprise Deluxe figures. I think I will try Target in a little while.

I don't normally find my Star Wars there, so I wouldn't be looking for STAR TREK there.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Wow. I always see Star Trek figures at Target. And I've picked up some good Star Wars things there before.

Originally posted by Tycho
    To this day I STILL have not seen any Nemesis figures or Enterprise Deluxe figures. I think I will try Target in a little while.

I don't normally find my Star Wars there, so I wouldn't be looking for STAR TREK there.
    Try Super Target, I went to one last night and they had 3 pegs (down a straight line but anyway) for the regular Trek figures then 2 spaces on the shelves for the NX-01 and the Deluxe sets and that's ONLY place I've seen them.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Saw the Nemesis and Dlx Ent figs at a couple local TRUs lately. The Nemesis toy line isn't doing squat for business around, which is a shame.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks guys. I found the Enterprise Deluxe Sets at TRU. They were 22 each, and I bought Archer and Reed. I know T'Pol and Mayweather won't be out until next year.

These are actually very nice. I did not open them save for looking in the box for a catalog (it shows nothing we haven't seen before) and directions (to satisfy my curiousity). Nowhere did I see it listed on these products, that keeping Archer or Reed permanently seated at their stations will cause damage to their soft clothing materials. I'm not actually inclined to find out just yet.
    My Star Wars stuff takes up more than all my available space now, so I'm going to wait until T'Pol and Mayweather come out with their bridge stations, to open all of them at once and set up the NX Enterprise bridge.

In the meanwhile, I rather like this idea, and fear they'll sucker me into buying deluxe sets of almost every crew. The chance to set up the Defiant's bridge or Ops might be too tempting. However, I have the full (and very nice) Next Generation bridge playset and all the crew at their stations. That was one of Playmate's nicest toys.

Playmates once was going to make the Classic Star Trek bridge with stations and electronics for all of Kirk's crew, but it never saw production past some prototypes I really wish I could have bought as toys. Perhaps a 1701-A bridge with the red movie uniforms might become a reality for the Classic Crew. I think there are some products that will be difficult to resist.

I did cave in and buy the 6.5" Deep Space Nine figures and the movie TNG Worf that matches with this set to set up a Defiant Bridge as best I could. I also got 3 Cardassian Soldiers and 3 Jem Hadar to fight the crew for the ship, but I think Art Asylum can do it better with what I've seen from the NX bridge.

Still the way their "futuristic clothing material" will bend when they sit will make me cringe and hope nothing will go wrong from permanently displaying them this way. But they're toys, so I'm gambling with them, but I'm also PLAYING with them (in this way), so at least I'm getting the intended use out of them.

Right now, I just intend to collect Enterprise figures. But depending upon how it goes, I may buy into more Star Trek lines and I'll let you know.

I don't know how well this line will do altogether (Star Trek). A recent review of "Nemesis" for Maxim Magazine suggested Star Trek's movie franchise viability is dying. They think "Nemesis" will do well, but suggest that Paramount has less faith in Trek on the big screen than we do. Who knows? Nemesis could make a lot of money like First Contact did (the record for a Trek film I think), and then we'll go on again as it has always gone before.

Time will tell.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I hope they make a bridge playset for the Original crew. I'd buy them.

I picked up a set of Nemesis figures over the weekend. While they completely blow away what Playmates has done in the past, they do not reach the level of the Enterprise line (which to me are some of the nicest action figures ever made). The faces and clothing lack the same detail, and the accessories are minimal. I hope when AA does the TOS line next year, they improve the quality. They are not bad, but AA just set the bar too high with Ent.

Has anyone seen the Away Team set yet?

Nemesis stuff is probably mass-produced so much more for a movie-year tie-in, that they had to simplify the process, hence the quality.

I must reserve judgement though, as I've yet to find these figures.

It seems like Star Trek figures next year will include the Classic Trek cast from "Mirror, Mirror."

WAVE 1: Kirk, McCoy, Scott, Sulu

WAVE 2: Spock, Uhura, Chekov

They are all in their Mirror Universe clothes, so it will look different and not like the standard Trek you'd expect. Uhura will be in the "bikini" of sorts

I hope they make Lt. Marla Monroe (the Captain's woman).

I'm not sure I have the waves right, nor ALL the characters they are offering.

Still due to come out are Deluxe T'Pol, Deluxe Mayweather, and

AWAY TEAM: Trip, Hoshi, Archer, T'Pol, Andorian, Nausikaan. You get Phlox by signing up for StarTrekNet (that's one way) and hopefully there will be other opportunities - though I really don't want the doctor in a space suit.

I want to know when we are going to see a regular Trip, Hoshi, and Phlox? I'd also like Malcolm Reed in his space suit!