Page 11 of 168 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Wohoo! Great Star Trek news! New Force Comics is taking pre-orders for Tripp in his Starfleet Uniform! He's running $11.99 (+s &h). Not too bad a price. Tripp is to be shipping out in June (I believe).

Now all we need is 2 other places to pickup Hoshi and Phlox in their uniforms.

*Just a reminder, Figures.com will soon be taking pre-orders for the Captain Kirk MiniMate from "The Trouble w/ Tribbles" Exclusive.

"Well Cyrno Jones says that a Tribble is the only love money can buy." - Lt. Uhura
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The new Lee's just hit stands and has some great pics of the upcoming Classic line. I don't think I'll get my wish but I'd hoped that they come with a TON of accessories like the Enterprise figures. Spock is going to have the Vulcan Salute hand, I hope he comes with a removable basic hand as well.

I go on ArtAsylum's forums too, and much to our disappointment, learned from the company that no, they will not come with a lot of accessories, but maybe just one.

Kirk - phaser
    Spock - tricorder
    Bones - Medical tricorder
    Uhura - communicator

I think that's around it.

Not sure what Khan comes with. Likely a phaser, too. (The one he crushed bare-handed would be cool - molded to look crushed I mean.)

They might sell accessory packs for low cost, they say.

They have to keep the total cost in each packaged figure at a certain price-point. Adding accessories, as small and dumb as it sounds, supposedly raises their cost past the business manager's formula.

Star Trek's hard for them to profit from anyway.

I have little hope we'll see Deep Space Nine or Voyager figures. (but I'm really wishing for them).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Accessory Packs would be great. Some extra phasers, tricorders and communicators would really come in handy. A Tribble accessory set would be sweet!

McCoy: "Do you know what you get when you feed a Tribble too much?"

Kirk: "A fat Tribble?"

McCoy: "No, you get a whole bunch of hungry little Tribbles."

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    Wohoo! Great Star Trek news! New Force Comics is taking pre-orders for Tripp in his Starfleet Uniform! He's running $11.99 (+s &h). Not too bad a price. Tripp is to be shipping out in June (I believe).

Now all we need is 2 other places to pickup Hoshi and Phlox in their uniforms.
    Yea, I hope someone does pick these two up- I haven't heard any news on it either. Even if it's a Fan Club thing, or Toyfare Mag mail away. Please someone get these so I can finish my bridge crew!

The Classic Trek line looks awesome, I hope they make the entire bridge crew as well.

=MATT=

So far, the entire Classic bridge crew is planned. Lets hope it stays that way.

Just a reminder, Figures.com is now taking orders for the Captain Kirk MiniMate from "The Trouble with Tribbles". He's running $6.99 +s&h and limited to 5,000 pieces. I believe he's scheduled to ship aroung May/June sometime.

I finally bought Archer and Reed for $3 each at Target, and then bought Trip in EVA outfit at TRU for full price. I hate the rubber midsections on Archer and Reed, but I don't understand why the EVA outfit doesn't have them - instead opting for a very standard swivel hip. The EVA outfit is the only one where I think the rubber midsection would make sense since they don't do a lot of sitting or large movements in these costumes. The swivel hip is disappointing, but the rest of this figure is awesome and Trip looks pretty cool without the helmet and chest section - like an engineer on an old starship should, in a protective suit. The only other thing that's frustrating to me about the EVA Trip is that he's SO much shorter than regular duty uniform Archer & Reed.

I was able to swap heads with Trip and Malcolm, but because Trip's neck is longer to accomodate the EVA suit, it looked a little weird so I switched them back. It's a simple ball joint, but I can see it breaking if you do it more than a few times or aren't somewhat careful.

I think AA did a great job with the heads and the accessories, but the rubber should be kept minimal on future figures like it is with the EVA figs so it won't hamper joint movement. But I also feel ball-jointed hips are a must-have, otherwise the leg poses seem restricted.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Picked up T'pol and the Klingon for $3 each. Both are pretty good figures, but already I'm noticing problems with the rubber materials. On Reed and T'pol, the paint is cracking and flaking off of their backs, and on Archer, the crotch is starting to look like it's giving up (I left him in a wide-stanced action pose over night to cause this - apparently, I'm bad for wanting to enjoy my figures on my own terms). The Klingon figure (Klaang, right? I really didn't care about his name ) is pretty cool, but both sets of hands seem to have no desire to stay in their sockets. T'pol's arm joints are very small and flimsy and feel like they're gonna break so it's not much fun to alter her pose much. Oh, and the Klingon's rubber hair was glued onto his head leaving a faint white glue residue around the hairline that is really unattractive, reminds me of my impatient model-building days where I used Krazy Glue instead of something slower and ended up with that white frost all over the place.

Ultimately, for $3 each, I am satiated, but my favorite is still the only one I paid full price for, EVA Trip; and that's the only figure I have from this Enterprise line that I'd be willing to pay that much for too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

See I like all the Enterprise figures. My favorite is probably Reed. He stands the best and has the most accessories. I paid full price for them and have no regrets about it. I like both Nemisis Picard and Data figures. I just wish they made (or were going to make) the rest of the crew.

Just a few more months till CLASSIC!

Good news for those who have not picked up the Enterprise Bridge sets. My Target marked the Archer and Reed sets down to $4.98. Best price IMO. They're neat, but I wouldn't pay the full $24.99 for them.