Page 15 of 168 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    I don't know JT. My Yellow Kirk has a clean paint job and is very pristine. No messy spots or anything. I like the Yellow shirt more, but the Captain DID wear the Green wrap-around shirt for almost a whole season.

BTW, NewForceComics.com has the Enterprise A and Phaser IN STOCK NOW!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Anybody get Kahn yet? I really want him bad!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Amazon HAD most of Classic Series 1 in stock but the shipping was horrendus. So I'm waiting. Any time now...

"Kaaaahhhhnnn!!!"

*ahem* KBkids.com has Classic Star Trek Series 1 IN STOCK NOW!!!!!! Only Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura and Kahn $9.99 each! They also have the Enterprise A and Phaser!

Rebelscum has a coupon code for 20% off at the site. Get it! I got free shipping and more! GO! GO! GO!

"Spock you're the most cold blooded man I've ever known." - Dr. McCoy

"Why thank you doctor." - Spock

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    I don't know JT. My Yellow Kirk has a clean paint job and is very pristine. No messy spots or anything. I like the Yellow shirt more, but the Captain DID wear the Green wrap-around shirt for almost a whole season.
    The "relaxed" wrap-around outfit was in the latter 2 seasons, but nowhere near as much in those 2 seasons as the standard yellow duty tunic (and in most, even shared screentime with the duty one, Kirk would wear one then the other in the same ep).

BTW folks, it's "Khan".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just saw these figures for the first time this Saturday. Kirk was good, but the Spock and McCoy are awesome. I can't wait for Newforce to ship them.

JIm

KB has shipped mine, they should arrive in the next few days!

Spotted all of wave 1 and Trek Tek TOS Phaser at my local comic shop - they wanted $15 per fig and $30 for the phaser, I didn't bite. The figures all look great, although green shirt Kirk's shirt was awful, the bottom edge was all jagged and grody. Phaser looked really good, the lack of metallic paint is much more kind to this prop replica than the Enterprise Phase Pistol.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I found all of the Classic Series 1 tonight at Media Play. They are ALL very impressive. Art Asylum really kicks *** with this line. They had 2 of each and all look incredible, clean paint jobs too. No phaser or Enterprise yet.

Jayspawn, how much were the figs there?

Found Ent-A yesterday at my local comic shop. It was $35, but my mom bought it for me anyway as an early birthday present. Sure, it's $15 over MSRP, but with the distribution problems this line has been having and shipping charges (and wait time) from ordering online, this wasn't as bad a deal.

I've been waiting for this toy for about 25 years now, nearly my whole life, and AA delivers on this one pretty darn well. For the price, it cannot be beat - nothing Playmates produced at this scale comes anywhere near this quality. Before I commense gushing, I should probably get the other half of that equation out of the way...

Compared to the AA prototype, the production Enterprise-A has way fewer paint details. Besides the panel lines that were painted in (which were too heavy on the proto), paint around the lower RCS thrusters is gone, red outlines on phasers and RCS thrusters is gone, window detail paint jobs all gone except on observation deck and atrium, impulse deflection crystal housing not painted blue, the inboard flux chillers on the warp nacelles aren't painted black around the clear blue plastic ribs, and the red details above the shuttlebay are gone; even with all that, it looks great and has some good paint detailing, but it's a lot less than the proto. Other stuff: the smaller text details painted on the ship are a little too big compared to the proto and to accuracy, the translucent plastic on the inboard warp flux chillers and main deflector are clear instead of milky so the bulb and guts are too easily seen, and all of the blue paint details stand out way too much compared to the film version - this is especially noticable on the secondary hull where it meets the dorsal neck and the area near that around the deflector, all this is done without the required subtlety and stands out like a sore thumb. Finally, on the matter of paint, a lot of the ship's sculpted detail like "aztec" tile pattern doesn't really come out in normal light, this might have warranted a very subtle paint wash to overcome this and given the ship more detail and less of a "plastic toy" look. Oh, to accomodate the dome of the bridge being the sound light, they had to fatten up the lines of the bridge a little making it slightly more squared in profile than it should be; and the sensor dome on the underside of the saucer where the sound comes out can be looked through which kinda sucks, a plastic "+"-shaped divider in there would have solved this.

On mine, the "ENTERPRISE" on the back of the shuttlebay deck is partially missing, the left impulse vent is partially covered by a blop of gray paint which can't be removed because it takes away the red paint underneath and scratches up the vent's sculpt. The warp nacelle pylons just ever so slightly off, with the starboard (right) nacelle dipping lower than the port one - this can be corrected when holding it by pushing the starboard pylon, I think the problem is the way the pylons are mounted to the secondary hull. Also, the construction on the impulse engine on mine is none so great, it's gappy and not quite properly aligned. Then there's the misalignment of certain panels - most of which I can forgive since they're minor and had to do with construction of the toy, but there's one oddball panel on the left side right before the shuttlebay, there seems to be no reason for this to be re-applied at all, there's no electronics or anything of that nature this far back.

Ok, now I've been brutally honest, so it's time to show some love.

Holy crap is this thing awesome! The same price point as Playmates ships and the same size, but 10 times the accuracy and detail, and more sounds and lights to boot. I haven't even bothered with the stand yet, but it seems nifty too. The warp pylon connection piece is ever so slightly floppy - at most it rocks side to side a millimeter or 2 - but other than that this sucker is solid and I really appreciate that because in the hands of another company, there could be several crucial parts that threatened to break off. That's what I love about AA's 2 Trek ships so far, they're model quality sculpting on toy quality design and materials for a great price.

The colors and decos here are very nice (except for the issues I mentioned above), and the ship's lines are very accurate. The electronics are pretty nifty too, although the "phasers" sound is from the wrong series I think and the "under attack" isn't as cool as the version in Art Asylum's NX-01, but it's great to hear the right torpedoes and transporter and warp flyby; there are plenty of lights, including the lights under the bridge and in the deck-2 observation lounge which was quite surprising to me - I only wish the photon torpedo launchers lit up, then it'd be perfect. I love the port docking hatch and the one behind the bridge, that's great detail; the 2 sets of docking rings on the secondary hull are nice too. Another great thing about this toy is that it's in scale with the AA NX-01 starship, I double checked to be sure. I can't imagine them being able to stick with this scale with TNG ships or the Ent-E, but it's a good touch here.

Ultimately, I can't imagine this being much better, the Ent-A is going to be one of the top toys in my collection for a long time.