Page 48 of 168 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    I doubt anybody but the most rabid of Trek fans wants any figures from TMP, those were some really goofy costumes in that movie and so drab.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got the corgi Star Trek ships today, very nice.

How are the Enterprises? I haven't gotten them yet and haven't heard much about them.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They are very good quality, they aren't 100% metal but are still very good. Enterprise-D would have been super heavy if it were all metal. 1701 is a little heavier than 1701-D. The Deflector on D has the antenna sticking out a little in the middle. You know the oval dish in the middle its sticking out just a little. As if implying a connection to the TOS deflector design perhaps.

How much metal would you say they are?

Dang, the 'D is way bigger than the KBOP, is the package the same size on them? Does the 'D separate at the saucer as well? I may have to track that baby down. Kinda silly about the separate-piece deflector, you're probably right about the reasoning but it's not accurate. If I get the 'D, it'll likely be the last one I ever get unless DST blows me away with its release (should they ever get there).

I think I'm gonna hold back on the TOS one, wait for the DST version.

The Saucer does not seperate, 1701-D's dorsal warp nacelles and saucer are plastic everything else is metal except the deflector which is plastic too. 1701 is 90% metal minus the warp pylons and engines and deflector. The BOP is about half metal top half of the aft section is plastic and so are the disruptor cannons. Saucer sep isn't really necessary considering it happened only a few times throughout the entire show and the couplings would probably weaken over time kinda like the Galoob 1701-D after a while the hooks didn't do such a good job holding the saucer in place. I think the Galaxy class deflector had a slightly protruding dish in the middle. I do mean slightly, it was so close that you pretty much couldn't tell. The packages are slightly different in size 1701-D's obviously being the largest of them.

You can sortof tell its sticking out just a little in this pic.

http://fance.net/images/d/d7/Enterprise-d_model.jpg

Also can bee seen in these pics on the page.

http://www.newstrekker.com/archiv/un...ps_04_a_06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    The Saucer does not seperate, 1701-D's dorsal warp nacelles and saucer are plastic everything else is metal
    Daaaamn, my jaw just dropped with that one. The warp nacelles should have no reason to be plastic beyond the bussard collectors, and the saucer should only be plastic if it's going to come off! I am stunned, STUNNED at this turn of events.

1701 is 90% metal minus the warp pylons and engines and deflector.
    The warp pylons and engines being plastic seems weird to me, these are areas that are constantly getting misaligned in other versions because they're plastic - they do look proper in your photo though, so that's not too bad.

The BOP is about half metal top half of the aft section is plastic and so are the disruptor cannons.
    Yeah, I have it already, I'm familiar.

Saucer sep isn't really necessary considering it happened only a few times throughout the entire show and the couplings would probably weaken over time kinda like the Galoob 1701-D after a while the hooks didn't do such a good job holding the saucer in place.
    That was a pretty lousy design, but I've always felt it was a necessary element to the ship.

The packages are slightly different in size 1701-D's obviously being the largest of them.
    How much different, are the cardboard endcaps bigger too? Not sure why, but I am curious why they went with this tube thing if it wasn't uniform.

You can sortof tell its sticking out just a little in this pic.
    http://fance.net/images/d/d7/Enterprise-d_model.jpg
    It's a little lumpy, but it's not disconnected from the rear part. The Ertl's colors and shapes are slightly wrong in other ways too though, and I cannot think of a single version that's EVER gotten the deflector right anyway.

Also can bee seen in these pics on the page.

http://www.newstrekker.com/archiv/un...ps_04_a_06.htm
    Hmm, ok, I see it there, not sure why though as it's in just 1 shot.

I don't know if you noticed but the package says the Defiant Voyager and Romulan Warbird are due. In a nutshell the tubes fit the ships height and width for the most part. These pics hopefully give an idea of difference. Got these from ebay.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...E92/95_1_b.jpg
    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...2/85a4_1_b.jpg

The Defiant will surely tempt me (favorite Star Trek ship right there!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.