Page 55 of 168 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    New Force Comics has them, I preordered mine over a month ago. Where did Probert say it?

NewForceComics has what? Our conversation is goint all over the place from ships to figures to Salt Vampires. Please fix me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    NewForceComics has what? Our conversation is goint all over the place from ships to figures to Salt Vampires. Please fix me.
    They have 1701(in stock) and TWOK BD for preorder plus the other two ships BD 1701 TWOK and BD 1701-E for preorder as well.

Too bad the 1701-E won't be missing its whole front end (as seen in Nemesis). That'd make an awesome BD display ship!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Too bad the 1701-E won't be missing its whole front end (as seen in Nemesis). That'd make an awesome BD display ship!
    In the picture you can see the very front of the saucer has odd blue lines all over the place. I don't know what the hell those are for.

The picture at NewForce didn't enlarge so you could really tell. Any larger link?

Went to New Force and saw those. So the battle damaged Enterprise E and Wrath of Khan are exclusives. I went ahead and ordered the TOS Enterprise since it was such a good price. Might go back and get those others.
    Definitely would like a WOK Enterprise.

The picture at NewForce didn't enlarge so you could really tell. Any larger link?
    Sure I can find something.

http://www.action-figure.com/images/...terprise/e.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Who knows, one thing I know is the Okuda's nor Paramount have gone that extra step to prove the refit is bigger. The only comparison pictures that show the refit is longer are the ones with 1701's saucer smushed in the front or some other deformity.
    Why would they smush the saucer and not just reduce the size of the whole ship? If you're going to accuse them of fudging things, why assume they did it the most difficult but least convincing way? Plus, it's not like they took an original drawing from before this "conspiracy" and made it fit; they're completely in charge of the production of the picture from beginning to end and would have had every opportunity to fudge the numbers from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That's an excellent comparison, the superimposed version tells it very well. I guess I wasn't factoring in bussard collectors or main deflector as part of their respective elements. Still, the Ent-A is longer than the TOS Enterprise, that's key.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Same forward saucer too. There's slight room for discrepency though because the models were built at different scales from each other (the Refit Enterprise model was built at some odd size they didn't like to work with well).
    Yeah, but given that there is the extra length on the Miranda saucer, I prefer to just go by the nacelles.

The TOS' saucer is a smaller diameter and a hair off symmetrical, that'd probably explain why you see it as "smushed".
    It could also be bias.

It's always been assumed that bridge modules can be swapped.
    I didn't want to get too much into the technical stuff since my source is Okuda and Sternbach's Technical Manual, and they're part of the conspiracy, but the description of the interior habitat modules of the Enterprise-D makes it pretty easy to assume they are fairly easy to remove.

Probert says it is, he designed it, that's the numbers the fx guys use when comping it, therefore it is larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Where did Probert say it?
    Does it matter where or even if Probert said it? Wouldn't he happily be part of the conspiracy?

The only source you have that seems to go with what you're saying is Jackill, and while you think it's more accurate because it came out before the Internet corrupted the information, it's just as easy to say that it came out before the production staff (who do have something to do with making the movie) corrected his errors.

What would make Jackill such an accurate source anyway? If it were at least Franz Joseph, some statement could be made that anyone involved in the production even gave the book a cursory glance let alone spoke to its accuracy. And that's not saying everything Franz Joseph said is gospel either.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    Why would they smush the saucer and not just reduce the size of the whole ship? If you're going to accuse them of fudging things, why assume they did it the most difficult but least convincing way? Plus, it's not like they took an original drawing from before this "conspiracy" and made it fit; they're completely in charge of the production of the picture from beginning to end and would have had every opportunity to fudge the numbers from the beginning.

Agreed.

Yeah, but given that there is the extra length on the Miranda saucer, I prefer to just go by the nacelles.

It could also be bias.

I didn't want to get too much into the technical stuff since my source is Okuda and Sternbach's Technical Manual, and they're part of the conspiracy, but the description of the interior habitat modules of the Enterprise-D makes it pretty easy to assume they are fairly easy to remove.

Does it matter where or even if Probert said it? Wouldn't he happily be part of the conspiracy?

The only source you have that seems to go with what you're saying is Jackill, and while you think it's more accurate because it came out before the Internet corrupted the information, it's just as easy to say that it came out before the production staff (who do have something to do with making the movie) corrected his errors.

What would make Jackill such an accurate source anyway? If it were at least Franz Joseph, some statement could be made that anyone involved in the production even gave the book a cursory glance let alone spoke to its accuracy. And that's not saying everything Franz Joseph said is gospel either.
    You said conspiracy I didn't. Who gives a crap. This topic is about the toys anyway.