Page 60 of 167 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1668
  1. #591
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hmm, that's a weird one, I cued it up, it's there, but you can clearly see there's no possible location for such a thing. Also, in the script, the Klingons are talking about emergency power when they mention the line, so it could be a reference to power rather than the tube (which, BTW, in the long shots doesn't have the lid, but the tube is more outie than the Corgi version - my guess is they made the lid on only 1 size of fx model rather than all of 'em). As for the tube, I'd chalk that up to a script mistake or the modelmaker didn't understand what needed to be there for that line to be accurate.
    I bet there is a reserve photon tube somewhere it just hasn't been located. Each BOP like from ST3 "D11 class" has an emergency tube. Check this article out.

    http://www.ditl.org/hedship.php?klibirdofprey


  2. #592
    To bring back an old debate temporarily, I see Ex Astris replaced the pictures and animated picture in his original vs refit size comparison with new pics. I still believe the original is bigger for more than one reason. The only thing is if I actually said why yall wouldn't listen anyway. No biggie though. One very obvious reason, look at your local naval base. See any huge ships like they had 20-50 years ago? I think not. Newer technology = miniaturization. They only make larger ships now out of necessity. 1701-D's case is that due to the fact they were going to be in deep space for a very long time family members were a must. I'm not really in super nerd mode right now so I'll brainstorm the other crap later.


  3. #593
    Um, since this thread is about figures, I just thought I'd point out we're getting a lot this year (16 or more!) :

    Sisko
    Jadzia Dax
    Odo
    Ezri Dax with sight and rifle
    Ezri Dax
    (Kira, Bashir, O'Brien are missing this time)

    Kirk WOK
    Terrel WOK
    Khan WOK
    Injured Khan WOK
    Injured Kirk WOK
    McCoy WOK
    Sulu WOK
    Chekov WOK
    Scotty WOK (duty uniform)
    (Spock and Uhura are conspicuously missing - exclusives?)

    Kirk Dress Uniform (Space Seed)
    Khan (Space Seed)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  4. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Um, since this thread is about figures, I just thought I'd point out we're getting a lot this year (16 or more!) :

    Sisko
    Jadzia Dax
    Odo
    Ezri Dax with sight and rifle
    Ezri Dax
    (Kira, Bashir, O'Brien are missing this time)

    Kirk WOK
    Terrel WOK
    Khan WOK
    Injured Khan WOK
    Injured Kirk WOK
    McCoy WOK
    Sulu WOK
    Chekov WOK
    Scotty WOK (duty uniform)
    (Spock and Uhura are conspicuously missing - exclusives?)

    Kirk Dress Uniform (Space Seed)
    Khan (Space Seed)
    I may get the TWOK figures. If it won't cost alot.


  5. #595
    Typically $15 / figure and 9 WOK figues (unless some are freebie exclusives from Comic Con) and that's $135 right there.

    Oh, I forgot, DS9 will also have some 3rd / 4th season uniform figures, too. As much as I love DS9, I'm going to stick with the movie-style uniforms. But anyway, that's close to 20 figures this year!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  6. #596
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Typically $15 / figure and 9 WOK figues (unless some are freebie exclusives from Comic Con) and that's $135 right there.

    Oh, I forgot, DS9 will also have some 3rd / 4th season uniform figures, too. As much as I love DS9, I'm going to stick with the movie-style uniforms. But anyway, that's close to 20 figures this year!
    To hell with that then.


  7. #597
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    One very obvious reason, look at your local naval base. See any huge ships like they had 20-50 years ago? I think not. Newer technology = miniaturization. They only make larger ships now out of necessity. 1701-D's case is that due to the fact they were going to be in deep space for a very long time family members were a must. I'm not really in super nerd mode right now so I'll brainstorm the other crap later.
    Every Enterprise after the TOS version got bigger and bigger at each step, the Ambassador class is bigger than the Excelsior class, the Galaxy class is bigger than the Ambassador, and the Sovereign class is longer than the Galaxy class - this consistently counters what you are saying. Also, the technology has changed, upgraded, from ship to ship in Star Trek while in real life the technology hasn't changed all that much, slight advancements by comparison (and even when they have, it's not always smaller, nuclear subs aren't smaller than diesels). It's the jobs that change the sizes of the ships in the US navy, not the technology, an aircraft carrier is not smaller than before because the job hasn't changed, in fact aircraft carriers have gotten bigger and bigger as time has gone on.

    Also, with the 1701, we're talking about a refit, not a new version, refits don't get smaller, they change parts out and add parts on.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Um, since this thread is about figures, I just thought I'd point out we're getting a lot this year (16 or more!) :

    Sisko
    Jadzia Dax
    Odo
    Ezri Dax with sight and rifle
    Ezri Dax
    (Kira, Bashir, O'Brien are missing this time)

    Kirk WOK
    Terrel WOK
    Khan WOK
    Injured Khan WOK
    Injured Kirk WOK
    McCoy WOK
    Sulu WOK
    Chekov WOK
    Scotty WOK (duty uniform)
    (Spock and Uhura are conspicuously missing - exclusives?)

    Kirk Dress Uniform (Space Seed)
    Khan (Space Seed)
    So much I don't want, but I am tempted by the WOK main characters.

    Leaving out Spock is a major mistake, I think they're trying to string along a second wave by keeping a main character for later, but it always backfires for AA/DST with Trek, look at the conspicuous missing Trip from the Enterprise line.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Typically $15 / figure and 9 WOK figues (unless some are freebie exclusives from Comic Con) and that's $135 right there.

    Oh, I forgot, DS9 will also have some 3rd / 4th season uniform figures, too. As much as I love DS9, I'm going to stick with the movie-style uniforms. But anyway, that's close to 20 figures this year!
    Those prices are agony. Worse still, I think AA's sculpting has gone down when their prices went up as they joined forces with DST. It's going to be very difficult for me to want to get anything beyond Kirk and Khan from WOK. I'm not worried about getting all the extra sucker guys, just the ones I want, but it's a real mixed bag, very push-pull.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  8. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Every Enterprise after the TOS version got bigger and bigger at each step, the Ambassador class is bigger than the Excelsior class, the Galaxy class is bigger than the Ambassador, and the Sovereign class is longer than the Galaxy class - this consistently counters what you are saying. Also, the technology has changed, upgraded, from ship to ship in Star Trek while in real life the technology hasn't changed all that much, slight advancements by comparison (and even when they have, it's not always smaller, nuclear subs aren't smaller than diesels). It's the jobs that change the sizes of the ships in the US navy, not the technology, an aircraft carrier is not smaller than before because the job hasn't changed, in fact aircraft carriers have gotten bigger and bigger as time has gone on.

    Also, with the 1701, we're talking about a refit, not a new version, refits don't get smaller, they change parts out and add parts on.


    So much I don't want, but I am tempted by the WOK main characters.

    Leaving out Spock is a major mistake, I think they're trying to string along a second wave by keeping a main character for later, but it always backfires for AA/DST with Trek, look at the conspicuous missing Trip from the Enterprise line.


    Those prices are agony. Worse still, I think AA's sculpting has gone down when their prices went up as they joined forces with DST. It's going to be very difficult for me to want to get anything beyond Kirk and Khan from WOK. I'm not worried about getting all the extra sucker guys, just the ones I want, but it's a real mixed bag, very push-pull.
    Greed will be the end of AA if they aren't careful. All things aside who cares about it's size.


  9. #599
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Greed will be the end of AA if they aren't careful. All things aside who cares about it's size.
    I've heard AA already is basically ended, Digger and Unger dumped the talent back into the freelance pool and are just a couple management guys doing a shell company for DST and a few other small jobs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #600
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I've heard AA already is basically ended, Digger and Unger dumped the talent back into the freelance pool and are just a couple management guys doing a shell company for DST and a few other small jobs.
    Not surprising their customer service was laughable at best before.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO