Page 64 of 167 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
    Maybe this will help...

http://livefromcern.web.cern.ch/live...ter/index.html

Not that I understood much of it, science is not one of my strong areas.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    No, I mean, what about your description above precludes antimatter being liquid?
    Nothing, this is a ridiculous discussion so lets move on. The Cage 1701 has gone up in price at NFC it's now $10 more. They must be selling like hotcakes.

Basker, the first picture on the site is liquid!

I think that's what NFC usually does, early sales are at the good price and then once he's gotten the word out, he raises the price for profitability.

That reminds me, I still need to preorder the WOK Enterprise.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Basker, the first picture on the site is liquid!

I think that's what NFC usually does, early sales are at the good price and then once he's gotten the word out, he raises the price for profitability.

That reminds me, I still need to preorder the WOK Enterprise.
    The site's synopsis of 1701 refit's self destruction is dead wrong. They refer to star trek and antimatter. It said kirk ordered the computer to mix the two and blow the ship, when in fact all starfleet ships have explosive packs lining the inner hull in a configuration designed for maximum effect. It also said radiation leaking from the antimatter converter is what killed Spock, also an error. He went face first into that blue energy.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    The Cage 1701 has gone up in price at NFC it's now $10 more. They must be selling like hotcakes.
    Well, I received mine. I must say I'm dissapointed with this version.
    It has the exact phrase of Kirk saying "Prepare to attack all hands battlestations"
    What gets me is the nacelles do not light up at all.
    This TOS Enterprise is a rip-off. The only thing that makes it different from the earlier TOS release is a little sticker on the box saying "U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 from "The Cage" and the pointed nacelles that do not light up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    It has the exact phrase of Kirk saying "Prepare to attack all hands battlestations"
    This TOS Enterprise is a rip-off. The only thing that makes it different from the earlier TOS release is a little sticker on the box saying "U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 from "The Cage" and the pointed nacelles that do not light up.
    More than those, bridge dome, nacelle end caps. Enlarged deflector dish bowl. The nacelles on the facing each other side don't have painted silver mesh or anything either. Where No Man Has Gone Before version is coming in the fall. Hopefully the multi-holed impulse exhaust is on it.

Aside from all those differences, the angled little "wings" coming off of the rear of the nacelles are also different. The regular TOS Enterprise has them filled in making them appear to be fins/wings, whereas on the Cage version they have nothing in the middle making them appear as bars/tubes.

It's a very minor detail that I'm surprised they bothered with.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post

Uh, I think you mean you got the "Where No Man Has Gone Before" version NOT "The Cage" because that one has Capt. Pike voice sounds but that's good to know that the sound chip is the same in both the Classic Enterprise and the WNMHGB version which is why I passed on it. The nacelles and such weren't enough for me to justify getting it. I WILL however get the Cage version just for the new Pike sounds.

Anybody know if the Battle Damaged WOK Enterprise will have different sounds from the clean version? I would hope so because it would make a good selling point but they will probably skimp out and just paint the regular version battle damaged. I just wish they had given us a Reliant seeing as how this IS the 25th anniversary of "KHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!"

Just think how cool a Reliant would be with sounds like:

"Marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet... buried alive... buried alive..."

"Ah Kirk, my old friend, do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It is very cold... in space..."

"I deprived your ship of power and when I swing around I mean to deprive you of your life!"

"Full impulse power! Damn you!"

"I shall avenge you!"

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    Uh, I think you mean you got the "Where No Man Has Gone Before" version NOT "The Cage" because that one has Capt. Pike voice sounds but that's good to know that the sound chip is the same in both the Classic Enterprise and the WNMHGB version which is why I passed on it. The nacelles and such weren't enough for me to justify getting it. I WILL however get the Cage version just for the new Pike sounds.
    No DD, I swear mine has a little sticker on it that says it's "The Cage" version. I ordered it from New Force.
    I even e-mailed them to complain that the nacelles don't light up (as the box says)
    They responded by saying that they are not supposed to on "The Cage" version.
    Apparently they are using the TOS Enterprise box and putting a little sticker on it for the "The Cage" version.
    I didn't notice the other little cosmetic differences mentioned by LTB and James3etc., as I haven't taken it out of the box yet, or examined it closer.
    I have read that the other TOS WNMHGB Enterprise has Pike saying quite a few phrases, though the ship is probably exactly like "The Cage" version cosmetically.
    I do have that one on order as well.

Now you are confusing me. Pike was in "The Cage" not "WNMHGB" so that version should have Kirk's voice, not Pike. So are you saying you bought "The Cage" and it is just a repackaged version of the regular series Enterprise with just the sticker on the box? I will be disappointed if "The Cage" doesn't have Pike.