Page 65 of 167 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    You know after you mentioned that my Enterprise is (posibly)the WNMHGB version Decadentdave, I went back to Newforce and checked which was which. Sure enough the WNMHGB version is the one with Kirk's voice.
    Now I am perplexed as to why mine has the sticker with "The Cage" on it but has Kirk's voice.
    There is no obvious signs of tampering to the box, and it is the slightly different TOS Enterprise with pointed nacelles.
    I e-mailed Rick at Newforce again and asked him why the discrepency
    Is there some kinda mix-up or switcheroo going on?
    I even mentioned that someone at SSG forums tipped me off to this if indeed it is the case.
    I have the WNMHGB as well as the WOK, WOK battle-damage, and the Enterprise E battle-damaged on order there also.
    I hope I get a satisfactory answer to this.

The Cage version has both Kirk's and Pike's voices. DST either got lazy or didn't feel the need to input Cage only sounds. It has what the regular ship has sound wise plus Pike's voice and the Pilot Red Alert. Even the WNMHGB version doesn't have light up bussard scoops. Before the remaster the light up bussards were semi-rare to see. Now that they remastered it the light up rotating scoops are normal. The second pilot version also has hull markings that are different. This is possibly a prototype picture.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_LQtZsmCAqAs/...Enterprise.jpg

That's hilarious. With the giant hand grabbing the ship it looks just like the hand of Apollo from Who Mourns For Adonais!

So Rick at Newforce said that both versions "The Cage" and "WNMHGB" have the same Kirk phrase in "Try me" mode. To get to the Pike phrases, it has to be at "on" mode.
    Does anyone know where that is?
    Do I have to remove it from the box?
    Is there another switch?
    I didn't quite make out what the hand on U-Tube was pressing other than the "Try me" button.
    Should I e-mail Rick again and ask where the "on" button is?

That's correct Blu2th, you have to set the switch by removing the screw from the battery cover under the hull so yes, you have to remove it from the box.

Still, I think it's lame they left the Kirk sounds on the same chip. Guess if you don't have the other version you get the best of both worlds (no pun intended) but I'd rather they dumped the recycled phrases and sounds and add a few more pilot sounds and Pike phrases.

That is kinda lame. Think I'll open up the regular TOS Enterprise instead. Since it at least has light-up engines.
    Well at least we cleared that up (thanks) and I discovered I didn't get ripped off after all.
    I feel bad about being suspicious of Newforce.
    After all I got it at such a low price of 29.00
    I have four more different Enterprises coming from them. So all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    That's hilarious. With the giant hand grabbing the ship it looks just like the hand of Apollo from Who Mourns For Adonais!
    Hehehehe. Lame or not this ship might command a huge amount like 1701-A did at some point, it might. I have clean WOK Enterprise on preorder and WNMHGB as well. The pilot ships on the shows are lame because of the bussards not lighting up and so on. The Jackills site has schematics for both versions the picture he has on there of both ships show the 2nd pilot's bussards having grooves in the domes themselves. Kindof like a mid way between Cage and Production design. NFC is now currently sold out of Cage 1701's oddly enough. I kinda do want this one to be a completist but Rick from nfc said he declined to carry these because he felt that it was too redundant with so many versions already coming out. Gold 1701's. I just found this photo I was scavenging for in my computer. I renamed it so it's easier to find now.
    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...old1701DST.jpg

Wonder if those will be a ComiCon exclusive? I have the Playmates Gold 7th anniversary 1701-D but I just can't seem to get excited about these gimicky gold variants. I prefer scaled model accuracy since I can't afford one of those luxurious Master Replicas so I have to stick with the $30 poor-man's edition. And frankly, for the price, these aren't too bad.

Now where's my f'n Reliant?

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    Wonder if those will be a ComiCon exclusive? I have the Playmates Gold 7th anniversary 1701-D but I just can't seem to get excited about these gimicky gold variants. I prefer scaled model accuracy since I can't afford one of those luxurious Master Replicas so I have to stick with the $30 poor-man's edition. And frankly, for the price, these aren't too bad.

Now where's my f'n Reliant?
    They were limited to 300 and a Japan only exclusive after Rick declined. Blister had them, it's a store in Japan. Had Rick accepted he told me he would have charged $29.99 for them. I took these just for spite before this ship met the landfill at some point.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...530071316a.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...0530071316.jpg