Page 66 of 168 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Man, I totally would have made the USS Defecto into a destroyed ship, even without the skills to do so.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Man, I totally would have made the USS Defecto into a destroyed ship, even without the skills to do so.
    LOl yeah. Shoot holes in it.

I like fire too!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am so annoyed with DST/AA right now, that crappy stand ball-joint design they put on the TOS Enterprise has completely failed on me, the ball is too loose to hold the vehicle up at all and most angles where it's cocked to the side the base of the stand isn't wide enough or heavy enough to counterbalance, I just had the stand tumble off a shelf and crash my Enterprise into the floor - luckily I was standing right there so I was able to slow the decent enough to keep the ship from breaking, but SO lame!

I don't understand their problem with stands, is it really that hard to make a decent one? I can understand them wanting to keep with the styled and articulated stand, but it just doesn't work with the materials (and budget?).

On a Trek forum, someone suggested using this:
    http://eagle-istand.com/eagle1.htm

Pics of the stand used on the Playmates and Polar Lights Enterprises:
    http://eagle-istand.com/photo_album/...s.php?album=15

To my eyes though, that is just waiting for the slightest bump to make it shake and whatnot. I like the idea of those Flexidisplay ones better...

http://www.hlj.com/product/LFTFD002
    http://www.laftoys.com/index.php?cPath=15
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The Flexidisplay one looks decent, that coat hangar-wannabe one does not. The problem with the Flexidisplay one is it's a pricey design, and now you're relying on 3 ball joints not to fail instead of just 1.

Really, I don't get why they abandoned the design on the Enterprise-E stand, that thing wasn't the most attractive stand but it's friggin' STABLE for once, and it goes into the ship rather than that stupid external cup on the TOS Enterprise (naturally DST didn't include the alternate battery hatch for the Ent-E ).

I'd need something with a crescent shape to hold the engineering hull and two long arms to hold the saucer with these stands yall have linked.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I am so annoyed with DST/AA right now, that crappy stand ball-joint design they put on the TOS Enterprise has completely failed on me, the ball is too loose to hold the vehicle up at all and most angles where it's cocked to the side the base of the stand isn't wide enough or heavy enough to counterbalance, I just had the stand tumble off a shelf and crash my Enterprise into the floor - luckily I was standing right there so I was able to slow the decent enough to keep the ship from breaking, but SO lame!
    Non-toxic glue in the module that holds the ball joint itself? Perfectly straighten it then glue it, it dried overnight then maybe who knows. Just an idea.

On Rebelscum I think, they advertise clear display stands (probably the ones with the three ball tops that JT mentions) that I'm considering for my Star Wars vehicles I want to display flying when I don't want to hang an entire fleet from my ceiling (B-wing with its s-foils deployed for example).

However, my 3 Star Trek ships stay on their stands just fine:

NX-01
    1701-A
    1701-E

These are all the ships I want unless I find somewhat good scale Defiant and Voyager toys.

I just might go for Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Breen, and Jem Hadar ships in the future (maybe Ferengi, Tholian, Vulcan, or Andorian) but I'd want a Borg cube as large as my coffee table. Ha! (Maybe a sphere the size of one of those exercise balls could work though).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

All of my ships stand fine my cage 1701 had probs but I used the destroyed ship's stand in place of the loose one and it was tight enough to do the job.