Page 68 of 167 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So, I went and looked at the TOS Ent stand again today, and it's even worse off than I feared - the sleeve that connects the ball joint to the ship has cracked and failed in several sections, and yet this is NOT causing the problems with the ball joint's failure. And it's still holding onto the ball joint part, so I don't know what to do at this point, if I use krazy glue to put it back together it'll be brittle and could break worse or get stuck on the ball joint part. I dunno... I think DST really messed this up bad.

Uh, no. And if you say "because they're not on the internet, they don't use technology", many members of the Religious Society of Friends actually DO use the internet. Just because they believe in the testimony of simplicity doesn't mean they're Amish or Mennonites. In fact, the Quakers even have websites: http://www.quaker.org/
    DST might replace the stand piece for you. Maybe you should contact Chris Meyer he helped me with the Cage 1701 replacement.

Damn! Entertainment Earth had the Mirror,Mirror set on sale this last week and I waited too long! Grr! Hopefully they'll have it on sale again maybe for a fall sale.

Anyways, is TWOK series out yet?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I just watched TWOK only hours ago and loved it (again). It's a perfect movie (let alone one of the best Star Trek movies).

But I THINK I can forgo collecting action figures from it. This is curious because I CAN see myself watching TWOK again almost immediately. It's a fun movie that never gets old. "I don't like to lose."

But it does tug at the heartstrings to buy those darn figures, doesn't it? Perhaps when a Spock figure is revealed I'll really get back to going ga-ga over them. I really want the whole TWOK crew and extras, plus multiple outfits for each (like their civilian clothes as well).

Part of it is the scary notion: "I better have everything while I can (at retail) for if they make the rest of the stuff I want (Spock in his meditation robe, Khan's first lieutenant, Carol & David Marcus, etc.) I don't want to be catching up on 2ndary market prices.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I should have said Amish....however, you guys were talking about quakes...and - you get it, but forget it.
    YOU BLEW IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    DST might replace the stand piece for you. Maybe you should contact Chris Meyer he helped me with the Cage 1701 replacement.
    Wow, that never occurred to me. I'll give it a shot, thanks!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

YOU BLEW IT!!!

Wow, that never occurred to me. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Let me know how the stand thing goes.

Just a heads up, NewForceComics.com has a SCDD Exclusive set of TWOK figures for preorder -which includes McCoy, Scotty, Chekov, Sulu and battle Raved Khan! They have limited availability and tracking down Exclusives is a pain.

Heck, I still dont have any of the Mirror, Mirror Exclusives except for Scotty.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I preordered a set of the SDCC figs thanks for the heads up.

They had the McCoy in their booth and NOTHING ELSE. Cases of 'em. I had to buzz by when I saw this or I would have stopped to say hi to NFC's Rick, but I was expecting a lot more STUFF there, not just 1 thing. I suspect they had to do this last minute, their booth was in dealer hell at the far side of the room rather than up by AFX and those mugs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

their booth was in dealer hell at the far side of the room rather than up by AFX and those mugs.
    It always was. You apply early and pay more for your position for your dealer space at Comic Con and Rick doesn't like to spend more than it's worth. With Star Trek exclusives and a good reputation, he lets his customers seek him out rather than pay to be obvious to impulse buyers he can't count on.

Rick is a great fan, all-around-nice-person, and an astute businessman. NewForce is usually located somewhere off the main beaten pathways at Comic Con.

I didn't see him this year myself due to lack of time and not feeling well enough to go early than nearly 5pm on Saturday, but then I'm making a concerted effort to buy less and less stuff now due to lack of space to keep it all in.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It always was. You apply early and pay more for your position for your dealer space at Comic Con and Rick doesn't like to spend more than it's worth. With Star Trek exclusives and a good reputation, he lets his customers seek him out rather than pay to be obvious to impulse buyers he can't count on.

Rick is a great fan, all-around-nice-person, and an astute businessman. NewForce is usually located somewhere off the main beaten pathways at Comic Con.

I didn't see him this year myself due to lack of time and not feeling well enough to go early than nearly 5pm on Saturday, but then I'm making a concerted effort to buy less and less stuff now due to lack of space to keep it all in.
    I didn't even have to go to SDCC to get the exclusive set and khan. I can't complain.