Page 101 of 167 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1668
    Well, I didn't get my DS9 figures. It was a box containing 6 months worth of my blood test kits that I have to have drawn and sent in to match with possible kidneys they could transplant me with. What fun.

Anyway, checking ArtAsylum's boards, Wave 2 is indicated for DS9:

Kira, O'Brien, Bashir, and possibly Quark! Sounds great to me! I'd be all over those.

My DS9 figures have been charged btw - I'm set to receive delivery any day now. I think my tracking indicated they'll arrive on Saturday, but I'm not sure.

The pictures I've seen show them to come with their "Niners" baseball caps as well as other appropriate accessories. How cool is that? Sisko even comes with his baseball!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Those are pretty good accessories, but Sisko really should always have come with that baseball no matter what.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Actually, my figures just arrived today about an hour ago.

They're all really good - especially Odo - but not Jadzia. I got a bad paintjob and I'll probably call Rick from NewForce and see if we can work with an exchange just on that one.

So with adding Nemesis Worf (basically the same thing as a DS9 Sn5-7 Worf,

I have Sisko, J. Dax, E. Dax, Odo, and Worf.

Coming are Kira, O'Brien, Bashir - confirmed. And I'm sure Quark will get a figure.

I wonder and hope we'll get:

Rom
    Nagus Zek
    Nog
    Martok
    Gowron
    Jem Hadar
    Weyoun
    Gul Dukat
    Damar
    Garack
    Founder

many more. I don't intend to collect Voyager figures, as rumors abound, but I will get EVERY DS9 figure most likely.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I picked up the ST:TOS Bronze-handled Phaser at the Star Trek: The Tour in Long Beach this week. $30 from the gift shop at the exit, not a great price but not bad, their pricing was ALL OVER THE MAP on this stuff, dangle earrings of the Enterprise for just $29 but a simple knit T-shirt with a TMP-era transporter signage (not even the main signage!) for $45. Anyway, the phaser is from DST/AA and it's even better than I possibly imagined, wonderful Trek toy, except for the screw holes on one side it's perfection. Removable type-1 phaser with 4 dial-controlled phaser sound/light settings, an overload setting, the type-1 and type-2 each have independent LEDs, the type-2 has a cutoff for the emitter and the ring around it changes how bright it comes out. Pure Trek love.

Their gift shop had not that much, but a fair amount of DST/AA figs and ships. They also had the SDCC-exclusive WOK McCoy which I found a little shocking.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thats cool JT! The Tour is supposed to come through Denver -so I'm pretty excited. Did you get to sit in Kirk's chair?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'll be honest, I don't think this tour is going to make it to its next leg, there won't be enough money made here to continue it on which is a shame.

Yes, I did sit in the chair. They do it as a photo shoot though which is a little awkward, it then drops in some of the show's characters digitally, the idea being that you buy a copy of it at the end for a ridiculous sum ($25 for a 5x7!) but there is a lenticular version which sorta caught my attention. Anyway, since there was NOBODY there, they let us wander around the bridge as much as we wanted provided we also did the picture thing as well. The chair is awesome, none of the buttons have travel but it's still an amazing reproduction. I could have spent an hour in that little set alone.

Star Trek and Playmates Reunite!

Found this article at 16 Bit.com (GH's Adam Pawlus other site) about Playmates doing the Star Trek lines of toys again.
    This is very good news to me if true, as the figures might return to 3 3/4 scale again. http://www.16bit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Found this article at 16 Bit.com (GH's Adam Pawlus other site) about Playmates doing the Star Trek lines of toys again.
    This is very good news to me if true, as the figures might return to 3 3/4 scale again. http://www.16bit.com/
    Playmates is only doing the figures for the new movie so far and DST will continue to produce figures from the other series/movies. That would be sweet though if they did start doing the other series as well though. I still have all my old Playmates ST figs in storage. Love those things still, and wouldn't mind some new additions from something other than just the new film.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I would want Playmates to continue fleshing out their DS9 figures to include in the collection:

General Martok
    Changling Founder
    Weyoun
    Gul Damar
    Kira in SF uniform
    Ishka
    Nog in SF uniform
    entire crew in "Niner" baseball team uniforms
    Worf and Jadzia in wedding outfits
    majority of the crew from "Bashir, Julian Bashir - and the Spy Who Loved Me"
    Vic Fontaine
    Breen Soldier
    Lt. Cmdr. Eddington
    Eddington as Maquis
    Ezri Dax
    Admiral Ross

OK, I know they have to re-release the original crew again for the newbies, but they could mix a lot of these in with the new figures in all-new waves.

THE DOMINION WAR is the pinnacle of Star Trek.

ArtAsylum needs to do some Enterprise stuff again, since they were the company that defined that series in that size:

Xindi Reptillian
    Xindi Insectoid
    Xindi Sloth
    Degra
    Archer in Desert Gear
    Tucker in Desert Gear
    T'Pol in Desert Gear
    Phlox in duty clothes
    Sato in duty uniform
    Mirror Universe Sato
    Mirror Universe T'Pol
    Mirror Universe Tucker
    TOS uniform Reed
    TOS unifrom Archer
    Mirror Universe Evil Phlox
    TOS uniform Mayweather
    EV Suit Reed
    EV Suit Mayweather

And Playmates needs to add some stuff to Voyager:

Meylon
    Captain Proton
    Satan's Robot
    Buster
    Dr. Chaotica
    Emergency Command Hologram
    The Spider Queen (Janeway)
    the crew from "The Killing Game" in WWII outfits
    the Hirogen
    Hirogen as Nazis

And some for Next Generation:

Duras
    Cmdr. Tomaluk
    Daimon Bok

And some for TOS:

Kang
    Kor

There's so many more - these were just off the top of my head. I listed the stuff I want most, first. Like I said, I want AA to do the Enterprise stuff.

I don't think I'd plan on collecting toys from the new movie. It would depend if they had vehicles and playsets to interact with, I'd think. That is an aspect of 3 3/4" SW collecting that really makes it appealing to me. Otherwise, I already have these characters and this isn't a "new crew" it is JJ Abrams' limited movie franchise.

Some of it will also depend on how cool Eric Bana is as Nero (Romulan I believe) and so forth. I guess I don't really know if I'll be able to resist the new movie products, but my intention is to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    THE DOMINION WAR is the pinnacle of Star Trek.
    Dude. I knew there was somthing I liked about you. DS9 rocks and my favorite of the Treks(Berman messed the franchise up bad in some places though)

All the figures you posted would be freakin awesome if they were actually to able to do all those at that scale again.

One of my favorite things from that line is the Enterprise bridge. I have that and the engine room to go with it. Would be cool if they did one of those for Voyager or Defiant(not gonna get mt hopes up though)

I'm guessing though that we'll have to see how these new movie figures do before we can expext anthing else from them, but hey, I'm game. Bring em on if it's at all possible.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]