Page 112 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1680

New pic of Star Trek XI Enterprise

The first pic is said to be an official pic of the new Enterprise and a couple of shuttles (from EW)... if so, I'm pretty stoked. Kewl!

Quite a radical redesign on the secondary hull and warp engines... and curiously, no spikes on the nacelles, either. A blue deflector? Wow.

Interesting stuff. They've definitely gone for a complete BSG-style reboot, huh?

Some folks had better go out and get some Depends. I wonder which "old" TOS cast member will pull a Starbuck (Dirk Benedict) and crap all over the entire endeavour? Probably Shyte-ner...

Well, the old formula was pretty tapped out... I'm hoping the reboot breathes some life back into the ST universe. But it could get ugly up in here.

The second and third pics are fan works... not bad, either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enterprise579_l.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	18802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enterprise_orbit_1080.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	18803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan-version-1701.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	18804  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

I'm liking it, now that there are pics from another angle. The first official pic looked awkward.
    It looks like an older Enterprise when you compare it to the A model. Also a nice progression from the first Enterprise. Almost a retro look, like an art-deco Enterprise.
    Wonder if JL will make it?

I like how it looks. I'm hoping to get the new Playmates Enterprise assuming it looks good. Still have yet to see pics of anything yet.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

NewForceComics.com has the Star Trek movie stuff up for pre-ordering. There are no pictures yet. They expect the toys will be billed and ship in March.

There are 3 3/4" that go with a bridge and transporter playset. I wonder if Playmates recycled stuff. They made a prototype for a Classic Trek plastic bridge playset for their 5 3/4" figures back in the day.

They have 2 cases of figures (10 different ones in each assortment) and they are 3 3/4" and 6". I wonder if 6" means 6" or 5 3/4" and NewForce wasn't given accurate information. Then the bridge playset would be for the larger figures and be produced from what Playmates had tooled but never used before. This would make sense on why the company chose to bid on the movie figures anyway.

It seems like in either assortment you get:

Kirk
    Spock
    a variant on Spock (Prime Spock - whatever that is. Might be Leonard Nimoy)
    McCoy
    Uhura
    Sulu
    Chekov
    Scotty
    Nero (Romulan bad guy)
    Captain Pike

There is a 12" assortment and that includes:

Spock
    Spock 2 (Nimoy?)
    Kirk
    McCoy

Anything runs you about $90 and with shipping, close to $102.

Then there is an Enterprise Ship ($24-30) role play phasers and tricorders, and the playsets (transporter and bridge) which run about $24-30.

A good bridge playset, like the one TNG had from Playmates back in the day, might run like $50.

Anyway, I would hope this collection would include Romulan army builders (or whoever the bad guys will be) and "red shirts" to put into combat for Starfleet as cannon-fodder. Plus some more of the smaller "fighter type" ships would be awesome if the Enterprise isn't made (off scale) for the figures where you can open the saucer to access the bridge (with the ship on a stand, of course).

Anyway, I'll wait until I see the movie to determine whether I'll be buying any of this product (most likely). It might be cool. I'd love to see the Toy Fair pictures though.

Another 2-pack to not expect to be released this decade; Sisko and Gul Dukat!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=13791

Dukat looks disappointing but I'm thinking he might look better at Toy Fair (assuming he shows up there), their photography department lately has been really amateurish.

Also, if you've got about $3000 in your wallet... http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=13792
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Darn that sucks that the only way to get Dukat is in a 2-pack. Maybe they'll re-release him with red eyes as a variant?

I wasn't planning on collecting the 1-4th season crew figures in the Voyager-style uniforms. I guess Worf (with Gowron) is the only one I'm missing at the moment. Dax, O'Brien, and Bashir would be the only others they could do. But I just don't need these others as I have these uniforms from my Playmates figures.

But I want Dukat. And I hope they make more Cardassians (Damar, Garack, generic soldiers). Dukat is essential though - as he's Star Trek's most frequently starring bad guy out of any and all Treks. He was the best of their baddest!

Yeah, it is unfortuante that the only way to get Dukat is in a 2-pack (even though I love more Starfleet uniform variants), I think he really would have done well as an individual figure. According to the latest Q&As from DST, though, sales on DS9 series 1 and pre-sales on series 2 have been poor.

At the very least we can probably suspect Dax will be made, both her and Sisko are the only ones that have been shown before at conventions, as far as I know O'Brien and Bashir aren't on the plate yet. (Side note: Sisko is specifically season 3 due to having the movie commbadge, and he was sporting the bald look at the start of season 4)
    I may pick up another Odo just in case they do make the rest of the season 3-4 cast, though.

As far as Cardassians go, there are 3 others I really, really want them to do that can use the Dukat body: Gul Damar (highly requested by others as well), Gul Madred (TNG: "Chain of Command"), and Gul Evek (Appeared in TNG, DS9 and Voyager pilot). They could also use it for Garak, though I believe he only wore it in the Mirror Universe episodes, at the very least it would give them a headsculpt. They could then use the Odo body for a normal version.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Another 2-pack to not expect to be released this decade; Sisko and Gul Dukat!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=13791

Dukat looks disappointing but I'm thinking he might look better at Toy Fair (assuming he shows up there), their photography department lately has been really amateurish.
    Man, both figures look really lousy, bad faces and weird accents on the skin. You could be right about it being a bad photo, the lens does seem too close to the Sisko figure (those are shot separately), but I'm betting the sculpt is still a letdown.

Also, if you've got about $3000 in your wallet... http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=13792
    When I went to Star Trek: The Tour back in January, I sat in theirs, it was pretty cool. If I were a millionaire, I'd buy that. I wouldn't tell anybody though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

http://www.gkmm.homepage.t-online.de...c/tru_kirk.jpg

One of two exclusive figures for Toys R Us has shown up in Germany, it's Kirk yelling "KHAAAAAN!" Which actually looks more like Arnold after eating too much Taco Bell. However, I admire that they went the extra mile to redo the collar as the regular release had it raised, so hopefully this means a McCoy isn't far off.

The packaging is the same style that the TMP and Amok Time 2-packs have been released in, I believe it was done at CBS' request/order. It'll definitely make the Kirk look odd if displayed with other carded TWOK figures.

I'm looking forward to it, but I wonder if it will really sell well? I mean, the other TWOK figures aren't available via Toys R Us, and the face doesn't make it very new-buyer friendly. Maybe the second exclusive figure is supposed to compliment it?

At Comic Con, ArtAsylum / Diamond told me that WOK figures would not be continuing as I really wanted:

McCoy in Regula-1 Away Team Mission Gear
    Saavik in Regula-1 Away Team Mission Gear
    Scotty in radiation suit
    Chekov in EV Suit
    Terrel in EV Suit
    Carol Marcus
    David Marcus
    Jaquim (Khan's son)

2 more waves of 4 could do it, and they could re-use parts for the Regula-1 outfits and EV suits (perhaps recycle them for TPM figures, too) and balance out their costs that way.

Diamond said they wanted to do more TOS movie figures (and have with the STIII Klingons).

What we also need are:

Kirk - civilian outfit (ST3 / 4)
    Kirk - 20th century doctor (ST4)
    Kirk - Starfleet Rescue Outfit (ST5)
    Kirk - captain's vest (ST6)
    Kirk as prisoner (ST 6)
    Spock - black meditation robe (ST3)
    Spock - white bath robe (ST4)
    Spock - Starfleet Rescue Outfit (ST5)
    McCoy - civilian outfit (ST3 / 4)
    McCoy 20th century doctor (ST4)
    McCoy - Starfleet Rescue Outfit (ST5)
    McCoy as prisoner (ST 6)
    Gillian Taylor
    Gillian Taylor - 20th century doctor
    Chekov - civilian outfit (ST3 / 4)
    Chekov - 20th century hospital patient
    Scotty - Engineering Vest (ST3 / 4 / 5 / 6)
    Sulu - civilian outfit (ST 3 / 4)
    Sulu - Starfleet Rescue Outfit (ST 5)
    Uhura - Starfleet Rescue Outfit (ST 5)
    Cybok
    Cybok as "God"
    General Chang
    Chancellor Gorkon
    Lady Azetbur
    Klingon Officer
    Martia
    Prison Fight Alien (blue guy)
    Sarek