Page 114 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1668
    All this has prompted me to rewatch my Trek theatrical movies again.

So far I've only played TMP but really enjoyed it to my surprise. I usually like the films from WOK on down the line more, but I hadn't seen TMP in a long time and actually stayed on the edge of my seat. VGER was Voyager-6! Who'd have guessed that? A very small cast and the bulk of the money spent on the special effects and sets, the movie still plays very well when it comes to the characters and acting. That was always one of Star Trek's strengths. Plus I'm just a fan of William Shatner!

I love TMP, too. Besides all you mentioned, Tycho, the music is outstanding. Can't recall off the top of my head who wrote the score.

Didn't Orson Scott Card write the story?

Alan Dean Foster wrote the story. Much of the time I loathe reading Foster's work. It's not terrible, but there are other authors who come in and play in someone else's universe (Lucas, Roddenberry, etc.) like Kevin J. Anderson to name a repeat-offender, and James Luceno who is possibly THE best at it - both of whom I'd much rather read before anything penned by Foster.

To be honest, the story for TMP wasn't that big or complex to conceive. And it worked. They just threw special effects at the viewers to shock and awe them for 2 1/2 hours and made it really feel like our future in space. For that the creative powers behind TMP should be commended.

I think Jerry Goldsmith did the music and he was indeed great at it. TMP started a tradition with a very classic Star Trek theme (that's now widely known as The Next Generation's theme).

I think I'm going to change my mind and purchase that WOK % of Spock" 2-pack.

I was watching WOK last night and Spock died again (saving the Enterprise of course).

Scotty wore the radiation suit and McCoy was in his medical digs as those 2 completed the scene with Kirk and Spock.

I'd like to open my figures up and recreate that scene with my toys.

To do this, they'll have to make the McCoy and Scott figures that Lt.Basker mentioned in his previous post. I hope they'll do this, and it couldn't hurt to keep the of Spock 2-pack carded for a while as I wait it out to see if AA/DST produces these McCoy and Scott figures. Scotty wore that uniform in TMP as well, I believe, so there are several opportunities to market it.

I don't remember when I last watched the movies looking for action figure ideas, but I think there is a level of burn-out with Star Wars, thus I'm looking more closely at Trek. But then I've always collected Trek stuff since Mego days and Pl8ymtes in 1992.

Also, I don't own any of the Star Trek films on DVD. I purposely sought out Nemesis on VHS to keep my collection consistent!

Now I am rethinking this and might buy all the feature films on DVD. Yup.

McCoy also wore the same medical uniform in TMP (different undershirt though), so a McCoy/Scotty 2-pack could pretty much serve two movies at once.

Right now, BBTS and CSC both have the TWOK 2-pack marked down to $16, which is a great deal for it. Even if you leave it carded it looks great since the bubble is designed to look like Spock is in the radiation tube.

- http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/ind...roduct_ID=1064
    - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...23&mode=retail
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I ordered an "opener" from NewForce for $19 and that's OK with me. I give NF a lot of business and I'm glad to support Rick over there.

I actually have a lot ordered with NewForce:

DS9 Worf & Gowron
    DS9 Kirk (Starfleet), O'Brien, Bashir, Martok
    WOK Death of Spock 2-pack
    SFS Kruuge and Malz 2-pack
    VH Kirk & Spock 2-pack

And I plan on ordering Sisko / Dukat 2-pack once Rick puts it up.

I am waiting to see the Chris Pine Trek figures, how they all look in their respective sizes, and what accessories (ships / playsets) they interact with before I start buying any of those. My guess is they will hit wide distribution at brick-n-mortar stores because the Chris Pine movie is a major summer movie release.

Other figures I've debated ordering are Data with his half-flesh face from First Contact, and Picard from the same, in his captain's vest.

I'd wish for Kira in her Bajoran uniform and a figure of Quark. Damar and Garack, Weyoun, The Founder, and Jem Hadar and Cardassian soldier army-builders would be great.

Why is that Kirk WOK 2pack figure SMILING?!? That's just wrong!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

He's smiling? I better look at that one again. Maybe he's supposed to be crying? His best friend just died. Or maybe he's smiling because he knows he's going to inherit the harp?

I've now watched ST 1-3 over again and will probably watch TVH in a few minutes.

One thing I noticed while looking for figure ideas:

They recycled the EV suits from TMP for WOK: Capt. Terrel wears Spock's red suit, and Chekov wears Jim's white suit. AA/DST could make some revenue at 1/4 the cost by recycling the mold. The suits are essentially the same, only in TMP, Spock connected an emergency thruster pack to his. I might not have noticed more subtle differences though. However, the suits were recycled for the next movie after TMP, and thus at least 2 for 1 mold is possible: Kirk / Chekov and Spock / Terrel. However, AA / DST would love 4 for 1 if they can get away with it. But those would be cool figures, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Why is that Kirk WOK 2pack figure SMILING?!? That's just wrong!
    Well, look at Spock's hand gesture- he is obviously telling a raunchy joke. I checked the actual figure and he's not smiling, they used the same unmodified head from the wave 1 Kirks which looks like an attempt at being neutrally stern. Or, sternly neutral?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Does anyone want the EV / Thruster Suit figures to be made?

I really want Chekov and Terrel to make that scene where Khan puts bugs in their ears!!!