Page 115 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1670
    Saw the standard Kirk, Spock and exclusive Screaming TWOK Kirk at TRU today along with the classic phaser. Not sure who all comes in this 1st wave but its nice to see Trek toys in stores again.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I wonder how they got back into Toys R Us?

TRU used to carry odds-and-ends stuff like James Bond figures, Billy the Kid, Movie Monsters like Borris Karloff and Christopher Lee in their old costumes. Amongst those were the Art Asylum Star Trek lines (after the very early 90's when Playmates had rows of pegs for their initial launch of TNG figures).

Trek became less and less fashionable, especially as Star Wars accelerated as a brand.

But it's interesting when today, lines like Indiana Jones couldn't get a foothold, plus we're in a bad economy, yet Star Trek is returning to TRU???

I know the movie is coming, but that's still a few months away and an entirely different toy company from Diamond (Playmates Toys once again).

Exclamation

I am thinking of starting to collect the newer star trek figures...are they worth it? Do they have good articulation?

From ArtAsylum/Diamond?

I like them. They're very detailed. I would like ball joint articulation in the hips with ankle articulation, too. But it's mostly good.

I get:

Enterprise
    TOS
    TOS Movies
    TNG Movies
    DS9

from these collections.

As to the newest Playmates stuff? No one's seen it yet that I know of. I think we'll have to wait a few more weeks until Toy Fair.

Exclamation

Ok, i was thinking of ordering a figure or two from startrek.com...is that a good place to order from...do they do good business or is there a better site to go to or even maybe a cheaper website that i can order from that also has cheap shipping?

I'm sorry, I don't know. All my Star Trek orders have been almost exclusively with NewForceComics.com. The owner, Rick, is a fan and all-around cool guy whom I've met at Comic Con and conversed with on ArtAsylum's old Trek fan forums. I've been very satisfied doing business with him and would not hesitate to recommend NewForceComics.

They average about $12 a figure ($24 for 2-packs) and might be a little higher for exclusives, but offer discounts for bent cards they post as "openers." Shipping is pretty standard with most companies I've dealt with. They use UPS or FedEx, and those rates are set by those companies.

I don't think I've been on StarTrek.com for a long time. I'll have to check out what's being offered.

If you want older figures, you also might have to go on eBay (for Enterprise figures, or early TOS or TNG waves for example).

Exclamation

I went on to toyrocket.com and bought the new art asylum geordi laforge figure from TNG. So i cant wait to get my first star trek figures in years. And if i like what i see when i get it then ill buy more...so far i like what i see from the sites that i have been on...so im sure ill like it when i get it. I really want picard,worf,riker,data and nemesis figures too. I havent been this excited about star trek in so long...

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Star Trek figures are now entered into Collection Station if anyone collected those. You can find them under 5" Action Figures in the "TMNT (1988-1997)" toyline. Just select "Star Trek" under the Assortment attribute to narrow the field.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergeorge06 View Post
    I went on to toyrocket.com and bought the new art asylum geordi laforge figure from TNG. So i cant wait to get my first star trek figures in years.
    So you are first and foremost interested in TNG figures? Which Geordi did you order? I think they make several TNG ones as well as from Nemesis.

I collected the Nemesis ones. Picard and Data were in stores like Tower Records (before they went out of business) and I bought 2 sets. Riker and Troi were a 2-pack and I got them from NewForce. Unfortunately, I would have liked to have been able to purchase a 2nd Riker by himself, but I don't think I got to (or I have an extra Deanna Troi). I bought Worf from NewForce, and as he was sold separately, I think I bought 3 - for Nemesis and to go with my DS9 figures (one with each Dax). The Nemesis figures will be set up facing off with Shinzon and the Reman Viceroy - however, I have an extra Viceroy to fight Riker one-on-one, as I liked that moment in the movie amongst others.

I don't own Beverly or Geordi and I'll have to look into that.

My extra Picard and Data were to be set up fighting the Borg figures that AA made some years ago and I was able to buy in Target. (There's a Klingon, Cardassian, and Hirogen Borg).

However, AA made a Data with a half-flesh face and Picard in his Captain's vest. They are really tempting for me - especially if I can purchase them without having to buy any other figures that I don't need. I love First Contact, and I am also fond of Insurrection and I think it gets a bad rap with fans for really no good reason.

So get this, I buy the friggin' TOS Spock from TRU, and the left elbow is 100% fused, not like "some paint got on there" or "a little of the seam melted", the complete hinge design is solidly part of the receiver element, there's no seam line at all! I'm gonna take him back when I can find one with a working arm, assuming they made one with a working arm. One thing I had forgotten about this line though is that the hips aren't universal-jointed, so the legs are kinda limited. But the figure has it working in other departments.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Well, look at Spock's hand gesture- he is obviously telling a raunchy joke. I checked the actual figure and he's not smiling, they used the same unmodified head from the wave 1 Kirks which looks like an attempt at being neutrally stern. Or, sternly neutral?
    The photo looks smiley from profile, it should look sternly neutral, that'd make sense. Of course, sculpting a new hand so he can touch the glass to Spock's would have made sense too, they dropped that ball... as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I wonder how they got back into Toys R Us?

TRU used to carry odds-and-ends stuff like James Bond figures, Billy the Kid, Movie Monsters like Borris Karloff and Christopher Lee in their old costumes. Amongst those were the Art Asylum Star Trek lines (after the very early 90's when Playmates had rows of pegs for their initial launch of TNG figures).

Trek became less and less fashionable, especially as Star Wars accelerated as a brand.

But it's interesting when today, lines like Indiana Jones couldn't get a foothold, plus we're in a bad economy, yet Star Trek is returning to TRU???

I know the movie is coming, but that's still a few months away and an entirely different toy company from Diamond (Playmates Toys once again).
    TRU often does this, when a new movie is coming out, they'll try to grab up anything related to make sure they fool customers into buying semi-related stuff. They did it with Speed Racer most recently. My guess is that's what happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Star Trek figures are now entered into Collection Station if anyone collected those. You can find them under 5" Action Figures in the "TMNT (1988-1997)" toyline. Just select "Star Trek" under the Assortment attribute to narrow the field.
    Ha, i remember those from back in the day, they were a huge question mark to me as a collector.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.