Page 118 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1667

Exclamation

Your welcome tycho ...no problem. The geordi figure seems so detailed that i looked at his visor and if you look closely you can see his white eyes and it looks like his visor comes off but then you can see that its glued on. so im not going to mess it up. But its ok though. Im just going to have to get use to the difference in size from the gijoe to the 7 inch star trek figure but it will grow on me im sure.

Since we were talking about TNG movie figures, I wonder if DST will make:

Ru'Afo
    his friend and right hand (Gal'tin I think)
    the other 3 enslaved species (3 more figures)
    Picard civilian attire
    Worf civilian attire
    Data civilian attire
    Beverly civilian attire
    Deanna civilian attire
    Anij (spelling - Donna Murphy's character)

a Reman Soldier
    a Reman scientist / doctor
    Dina Meyer's Romulan commander character
    a Romulan Soldier

Picard EV Suit
    Worf EV suit
    Lt. Hawk EV suit
    Zephrame Cochrane
    Lilly
    Picard as Dixon Hill in tuxedo with tommy gun
    Dix's secretary

I'd list the possible Generations figures, but I don't really want them - so what's the point? (for me anyway)

I suppose we could also list the TNG crew in their dress uniforms (white movie style) but I'm not really interested in those either.

I'd rather have the Argo dune buggy jeep thing that Picard, Data, and Worf rode in, and the Reman Scorpion Fighter vehicle made for the figures! That'll probably never happen with AA/DST, but I can dream.

Arrow

tycho, i found the picture that i was talking about where the ds9s figures has holsters for their phasers and tricorders..heres the link... http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...12792&page=105
    just scroll down to the first forum message and you will see the pictures.It looks pretty authentic and i found it on here. Its from art asylums forums. so i guess maybe some one custom made them and if so then i want them to make that for me.

Whooops! You linked back to this page.

BTW, I ordered a First Contact Picard and I had a friend give me a lead on where I could get a FC Data.

I don't normally go back and get older figures I had previously decided to pass on, but these are very cool. Plus the Borg Queen is coming out from AA/DST. She'll display nicely with this Picard and Data.

Exclamation

Well its a sirstevesguide.com page and if you scroll down it shows three pictures and its the third picture.

That's a sweet picture. I have all those AA figures but I've never opened them yet.

Is that the Playmates Defiant behind them? That ship looks sweet. I love the Defiant. It's my favorite Star Trek ship by a longshot!

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    That's funny, because I just picked up the same figure a few days ago, and the left shoulder is all loose. Obviously the "left arm" guy at the factory wasn't pulling his/her weight the week they assembled the Spock figures.
    Come to think of it, the left shoulder on mine is also pretty loose. Weak! DST has not done well for this line, they need to hire a new left arm guy.

And for the record, I saw one of the new 2-packs w/ Kirk and Spock from the films, and I'm actually shocked by how ugly Kirk's head sculpt is. Looks more like Butthead (from Beavis and Butthead) than Shatner.
    It's the hair, right? I totally see that!

Looking at my Playmates figures, I'm starting to really notice how their sculpting was very cartoonish, but it nailed the key features of that actor - the exact opposite of Hasbro lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    I don't see how you could question it. Playmates Toys was milking the TMNT toy line for all its worth (sqeezing every last dime they could out of it) by using every theme imaginable (cowboys & indians, cavemen & dinosaurs, Universal Studios Monsters, Military, birthday party, Apollo 11 astronauts, etc. Playmates Toys also held the Star Trek toy line (at the time), so it was only a matter time before "Star Trek" themed TMNT toys would come.
    Oh, I knew the "why", just not the "why bother"? The McCoy one I still remember most, for some reason, I think due to a facial expression or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    I'll just say this, be happy Playmates Toys went with "Star Trek" themed TMNT toys and not with "TMNT" themed Star Trek toys. Could you imagine Picard as Leonardo (wearing only a fake turtle shell, a belt, and a blue face mask/bandana over his eyes) or Kirk as Splinter (carrying a cane and wearing only a tattered red robe with no pants).
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    TNI posted a first look at the figures for the upcoming Trek Movie.

It's a 6" Captain Kirk. Note that they're also doing 3 3/4" and 12".

Can't say I'm impressed. The face sculpt isn't bad. But it looks like Kirk's wearing a big cozy sweater, not a uniform.
    Geez, fugly much? That likeness is laughable, it reminds me of Mego's greatest hits. And that outfit sucks from top to bottom. You nailed it on the sweater comment, the belt only worsens it.

Hey look, the new phaser. Hey look, it sucks.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Come to think of it, the left shoulder on mine is also pretty loose. Weak! DST has not done well for this line, they need to hire a new left arm guy.
    Seriously... because what's the pose you're going to leave Spock in when he's up on the shelf? And it doesn't help if his arm keeps falling down.

It's the hair, right? I totally see that!
    Yeah, it's the hair. (But I don't envy anyone that has to sculpt Shatner's wig.) I'm not a fan of that facial sculpt either though.

Looking at my Playmates figures, I'm starting to really notice how their sculpting was very cartoonish, but it nailed the key features of that actor - the exact opposite of Hasbro lately.
    Cartoonish, but ultimately a good "caricature," which is just fine if you do it right, and that's what you're shooting for. With very few exceptions, I have nothing but love for the Playmates stuff.

But wait! Did you make a crack about Mego's Kirk sculpt? I think the Mego Kirk is probably one of the best likenesses out there.

You know what was funny? SideShow's Premium Format (read: really expensive) Kirk looks nothing like him.

They did 3 PF figures that I know of: Kirk, Spock, Seven of Nine.

Kirk is the worst. Seven looks pretty good actually. They brag that they even sculpted the outline of Jerry Ryan's underwear onto the figure.