Page 119 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1680
    Agreed, Kirk was the worst. Seven of Nine was okay, but not awesome really. (Not $250 worth of awesome.) She looked kind of corpse-like I think... but maybe that's what they were going for.

I honestly thought about the Spock figure though. I think they did a great job with that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7106_press03-001.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	19273  

I think the Kirk PF likeness is decent. They got his hair right. I know Sideshow botched his hair on the Trek minibusts they did some years ago. Shame because they're all spectacular except for Kirk. Shame they only needed to do 3 more characters to finish the bridge crew. We got Captain Koloth though!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Here's our first real picture of the Star Trek movie's 3 3/4" line.

Yeah, can't say these appeal to me at all. Clearly only Hasbro does good 3 3/4".

Star Trek Movie 3 3/4-Inch Action Figures
    The new Star Trek movie has huge buzz, and why not...it's in the talented hands of J.J. Abrams.

Figures include:

Kirk
    Sulu
    Prime Spock
    Uhura
    Pike
    Cadet McCoy
    Nero
    Cadet Chekov
    Spock
    Scotty

To complement your new immersion in everything Trek, these life-like, fully-articulated, highly detailed 3-3/4" figures come with accessories including phasers, communicators, and bases. Blister card packaging.
    In Shops: APRIL 2009 Item Code: FEB094855 SRP: $7.99
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Star Trek.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	19285  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah, those look horrible. Galoob's 3 3/4" Trek line easily beats those.

I gotta say though, the headsculpts are leagues ahead of the usual Hasbro headsculpt, but the rest of the figure is completely horrible. The only one that is decent is old Spock, but more in an appearance to a TOS-movie Sarek rather than Spock.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Exclamation

I dont know about the new 3 3/4 inch figures....ill have to see them in person when they ship. I just wonder if walmart will carry these or will be just toys r us and target. I just cant wait to see the new bridge playset.

I like them actually. But I'd like to see them closer, in person.

I know this is off the topic at hand on this thread, but I just recently bought some Diamond Select Star Trek figures and props.

I got:

TMP Kirk & Spock 2pk
    TWOK Kirk-Double Cross
    TWOK Cpt. Terrell
    TWOK Khan-SDCC Exclusive burnt version
    TOS Phaser & Communicator

I'm pretty impressed by them. Khan, Terrell, & Spock's likenesses are spot on. Kirk's likeness is maybe a little off, but its so little its not worth complaining about. The articulation is nice They do a really good job of hiding the shoulder joints. The paint jobs are done very well too. No cross eyes or bug eyes to be found at all. At $14 apiece, they're really a much better value than SW figures.

I still plan on trying get the other WOK figures and the Kruge Maltz 2pk. Some of the exclusives might be hard to get.

After the new movie, I'd like to see either Playmates or Art Asylum do some really detailed 3 3/4 old Star Trek movie figures.
    I would pay extra for those. With the detail of the 6" but smaller.

Seems to me that the smaller figures are easier to make accessories, play sets, and small ships for.
    With the larger size alot of that has gone away with the exception of a few captain's chairs and "Enterprise" bridge set not completed.

This has been done before but not to today's standards of sculpting and detail in 3 3/4 size.

I'd most like updated versions of WOK figures first but even if they started with the first movie with Ilia Probe and Spock in space suit w/ jet pack. All the bridge crew in the funky 70's uniforms. They could mix it up much like Hasbro does in each wave with a few figures from different eras.

Snowtrooper, those are some of the best figures ever made for Star Trek and are favorites in my own collection, too. I have all my WOK figures out on display right now.

Blue2th - I've longed to see playsets and vehicles for Star Trek figures like you've suggested. That'd be too cool! For me, it would be extra special if they were made for DS9.

Pretty much all the stuff is revealed now: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/startrekmovie.html

The communicator and tricorder are interesting, and the phaser looks like the ST3 phaser combined with the Galaxy Quest blaster.

The transporter is pretty cool, and I want to say the bridge is too but it's just so...strange. It has so much of a stark contrast from the retro-red and the white surroundings. Though, the bridge is interesting in that you buy one main set and then you finish it by buying figures with other pieces like console sections.

Looks like both the 3 3/4" line and 6" lines will have one standard body for all Starfleet males. For the 3 3/4" it's not so bad, even though only a couple look decent with it. But the 6" figures and their sweaters...not good at all.

For some reason everything has a feel as though it belongs in a Power Rangers toyline, I miss the good ol' Playmates days.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"