Page 149 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1674
    Clearance time at Target!

Basic figures are 4.98
    8" (?) are 6.98
    Enterprise and the playsets are 20.98

Shame it's not Toys R Us, the Targets around here never stocked much Trek so they only have a handful of items left. Both TRUs, on the otherhand, have been stocked to the brim on 6" figures in a 12-peg layout for months. I'd really like for them to put a clearance into effect, as I would buy an opener of both Spocks.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Playmates to make 3.75 Classic Trek Figures

News:
    STAR TREK - Live Long and Prosper

With nearly 40 years of heritage in the STAR TREK franchise, Playmates will build on the excitement generated by the blockbuster STAR TREK movie directed by J.J. Abrams with an offering of new toys and collectibles based on the 2009 movie and the classic original series catalyst STAR TREK. In addition to new waves of 3.75” action figures, role play accessories and iconic vehicles two new segments will be introduced in the movie line that should appeal to both the long time fan and the younger fans alike. The STARFLEET DEFENDER line includes a full array of movie characters articulated in small-scale in dynamic animated-style action poses. Collectible iconic mini space ships from the 2009 movie include the U.S.S. Enterprise, the U.S.S. Kelvin, and the Narada. And for the first time ever, Playmates will introduce 3.75” GALAXY EDITION action figures and diorama’s based on the classic Star Trek series. These figures will be highly detailed with authentic life-like likenesses and feature over 16 points of articulation. Iconic scenes from the most popular episodes will be depicted in two-figure pack dioramas. So jump on the U.S.S. Enterprise and Live Long and Prosper with the STAR TREK products for young and older.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

That means there will be 3 3/4" Shatner figures? THE William Shatner?!

But honestly, I don't think I'm that interested in collecting another line of Classic Trek figures.

An all-plastic bridge playset could tempt me, as might interactive vehicles the 3 3/4" could fit in, but I already have:

Playmates TOS 5 3/4" figures (original plastic size of the carded '92-96 figures)

ArtAsylum / Diamond 7" TOS figures with the Salt Vampire and Romulan figures on their way, not to mention Kang as well.

I would so much more want Deep Space Nine to go this route. Imagine the battle dioramas one could make with those!

I think Diamond has all but given up on their line save for TOS - but maybe they just abandoned that? So many figures they had planned were cancelled. I just hope not. I want my Salt Vampire and my Romulans!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sounds like great news to me! Hopefully the likenesses will continue to improve, though.

Then I could make dioramas of Priceline.com commercials!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

They had a lot in and while many places have a lot left in stock for clearance, compared to what they got in? Sure they did alright.

The next wave is surely timed for the DVD release. Also, since they were tooled up and made in the first place, it's most cost-effective to sell them through and at least break even on their work. However, I think Playmates will get a slight profit. Good news for Trek. Wave 2 is way cooler than the basics they made for wave 1 anyway. I'm looking forward to it.

Star Trek Figures are $1.72 at Target today.
    I think they were clearing shelf space for the Avatar figures which look nice btw.

I picked up:

McCoy
    Scotty
    Sulu
    Kirk
    Pike
    Spock
    Chekov
    Romulan dude

Just missing old Spock and Uhura, but I'm going to check one more Target tonight.

Oh yeah, picked up the Playmates Enterprise for $7.99.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Nice. I will have to check my receipts to see if I can play any price matching games.

I also wonder if Playmates will have the license for the sequel ST movie and if the crew will re-issue the same figures (of the main 7 in their duty uniforms) or if they'll upgrade them or change the scale.

From a business standpoint, I'd guess re-issue Kirk, Spock, Scott, Uhura, Sulu, series 2 Chekov (yellow shirt), series 2 McCoy (blue shirt). For this reason, this is also why I think wave 2 will see the light of day. It's useful for Star Trek 2011 or whenever the next one will be.

Oh and assuming series 2 is made, they still need to do Delta Vega Scott, old Spock, and Kirk (I don't think DV Kirk is in series 2, but I might be mistaken) - and they could do Academy Pike, Academy Uhura, well, the list goes on and like I said (I'm not on my own computer at the moment), I'm not sure who's in series 2.