Page 157 of 167 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1668
    We can always hope Playmates brings the line back out - with Wave 2 as well as a Wave 3 from the next movie when that's ready to go.

The movie end of things is only just beginning.

But Playmates could change the size, quality, or anything by that point.

I don't know how long they'll have the license.

However, for some of the figures:

McCoy in blue
    Chekov in yellow

They will definitely be recurring in the next movie, most likely.

As for two cool ones I really want:

Kirk in Skydive gear
    Sulu in Skydive gear

I really worry about these making it out.

I also don't know if Kirk in black shirt will arrive - but that's probable.

Sarek? The Romulan General? Keenser?

What about the Delta-Vega beasts? Those were nice-looking toys and I want them! They were in the 7" line, and Chekov and McCoy will surely need to make it out in that line if the size continues to be offered.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Here's a shot of my Trek Mego's. I'm doing some reorganizing and decided to take a picture of these guys before they go into storage for a while.

Kirk, Spock, and Scotty are original Type 2's (with plastic pegs at the joints), while Bones is a Type 1 (metal pegs). The packages in the background are Kirk's and Spock's originals. They are complete vintage, with the exception of Bones' communicator and Scotty's foil Starfleet logo.

The Andorian science officer in the background is an easy custom from the Emce line of re-Mego's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mego.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	22519  

Nice Megos there Old Fossil!

Still can't find Kang anywhere at TRU. Some of Mirror Kirk and Spocks though. Don't think that TRU's got this wave in plenty as Diamond says.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The discount chain "Big Lots" is clearancing out Star Trek movie figures in a big way...$3 a pop for the small ones and $5 each for the bigger ones. They had a lot of 'em...

Good place to get some for customs then.

Ok, I totally missed the ball on Kang. I cant find him anywhere, and my TRUs for the moment have scaled back their Trek selection.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Came across the cancelled 3-3/4" Spock Academy Instructor figure on eBay. Pic below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Bn51qh!BGk~$(KGrHqUH-EUEtt50vHjjBLlW+yM5eQ~~_12.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	22660  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Welp, fortunately DST's Trek line still has a slight bit of breath left in it. The wave of figures (Kirk, Romulan Centurion, Scotty) that was supposed to be TRU's fourth wave, which they canceled on, were apparently in production when they backed out. So, they're getting released - limited to 1000 cases. BBTS currently has them for pre-order:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...76&mode=retail

Alter Ego Comics also has them, and NewForceComics will be putting up their preorder option(s) soon. No idea if anybody's going to be offering individuals yet, so right now they're only available as a set of three.

If you're nervous about preordering due to DST's history of cancellations, keep in mind these - unlike the previous canceled product - are actually in production.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

And LTBasker, if you pre-order them, you aren't charged until they ship anyway. So "invisible figures" will be charged an "invisible price."

Meanwhile, today at TRU I found McFarlane has produced super-articulated Major League Baseball action figures! There's only a handful, but they make two variations of every player except for pitchers:

On the defense with a molded ballcap and glove on them.

On the offense with a molded batting helmet on them, but the bat is packed in so you can add it or have them as a baserunner.

They are 3 3/4" I think, so there are no Deep Space Nine figures that you can use to make customs unless you want them to look like bobble heads. Plus, the Giants, Red Sox, Phillies, Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Mariners that they make are not the Niners. (And I am insulted that they don't make any San Diego Padres figures yet. But I'm writing McFarlane my 2 cents about that!)

However, you certainly can set up a baseball diamond using the Playmates Galaxy assortment figures if you want to put those heads on the MLB bodies. I think the size is pretty close. But using a dremol to clear out the ball player heads, you can then put baseball caps onto Star Trek figures.

Yet we need 3 3/4" DS9 figures to do this correctly.

Then a sweet diorama would be a baseball diamond with all the Niners on the field and a Logician batting (use Spock's head).

Anyway, when I write McFarlane I'll inquire if they are going to be making any San Diego Padres. If I need to, I'll customize my whole team once I get the body and the uniform sculpted. They don't have a Star Trek license, so we can forget them making the Niners (I think, but maybe I should ask).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    And LTBasker, if you pre-order them, you aren't charged until they ship anyway. So "invisible figures" will be charged an "invisible price."
    Indeed, I just wish they could go into an invisible storage so that I could believe that I really have space left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    They are 3 3/4" I think, so there are no Deep Space Nine figures that you can use to make customs unless you want them to look like bobble heads. Plus, the Giants, Red Sox, Phillies, Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Mariners that they make are not the Niners. (And I am insulted that they don't make any San Diego Padres figures yet. But I'm writing McFarlane my 2 cents about that!)
    McF's small figures are actually around the 4" size, which obviously isn't that much help in regard to DST's figures, but there are the 4.5" Playmates ones. You might want to check into that, especially since DST's figures wouldn't give you a Quark or Rom anyways.

I'm sure they'll get to the Padres, they just have to get through the teams people want. I kid, I kid. Don't hurt me!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

In the 3rd paragraph, this post will be about Star Trek. Anyway...

Oklahoma doesn't even have a pro-baseball team in the whole state!

By the way, you might want to become a Padre fan in that case - we are so solid coming out of pre-season - this is going to be our year! Our pitching is now really organized and highly rated. And we've stolen twice the amount of bases as any ball team in both leagues! The Padres are now taking applications for new fans.

Now good point about Trek! I hadn't thought about acquiring some of the old Playmates figures from the 90's for headsculpts to make my DS9 ball team.

I own all of them - and multiples in some case - but I don't want to damage my own personal Playmates Trek collection.

I bet the DS9 figures might be found cheap enough to customize onto baseball figures. Their heads would be a bit large though. Still, it's going to be funny-looking anyway. (Worf and Quark in baseball uniforms).

The other thing is that I'm not a painter. I don't do good custom work like that. If I did, I might as well just use Playmates 90's 5 7/8" figures for the bodies (without removing heads) and paint baseball uniforms onto the existing Playmates DS9 figures. I'd have to watch that episode or dig up pics online to even remember what the Niner uniforms looked like.