Page 162 of 168 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1671
    At this point they should release an all villain wave with the Salt Vampire, Romulan Commander and a repainted Kor to match Kang.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Koloth is still missing from the Klingons. But how I'd like a generic Klingon for diorama purposes.

For me, there still is setting scenes up as being the main attraction to the whole toy hobby.

I can appreciate seeing different, cool, stuff - but I have less appreciation for
    "Megatron vs. Kang vs. Luke vs. Marcus Wright" or even Captain Archer vs. Shinzon vs Khan.

I'm just not into displays like that (for myself) so I want army-builders no matter what the genre - from T-600's to Zombi Geonosians.

Generic Klingons are no exception. This is a cause for WHY I really, really appreciate the Romulan Soldier figure!!! (now I only bought 2 of them, but they really could use Mark Leonard as their commander, and I'd buy 2 more of the soldiers if they also made "Spock's girlfriend," the lady Romulan commander - in her uniform, not the evening dress).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So will Toy Fair reveal any more new Star Trek figures?

So, there's been quite a few developments this year for DST's Trek stuff. Aside from their pair of upcoming "Select" figures (Kirk and Spock), they have a slew of ships currently in production. Right now they're working on the Enterprise-B, both Excelsiors, the Klingon Bird of Prey, a revamp to the Enterprise-E and other rereleases. The Ent-B and Klingon Bird of Prey should hopefully be out December/January.

The big news, though, is that while "they're working on..." is pretty typical to say about DST, they've been keeping the fans posted on the progress of the new ships. The latest progress report is a test shot of the K-BoP to show off the lights, sounds, and the wing positions of Chang's Klingon Bird of Prey.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4280844371690
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...9671671&type=2 - Similar video of the Enterprise-B, which is also in prototype packaging.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Cool. Thanks for sharing Basker.

I'd be in the market for Voyager and the Defiant, at probably Hallmark ornament sizes, to go in scale with my DST Enterprise collection and (scale) Hot Wheels Klingon BoP.

In other news, Spock and the Horta (as well as Khan vs. Kirk) are available for pre-order. Were these the figures you referred to Basker?

They're made from the figures and rumored to include full articulated bodies, but also half-bodies to position them in the diorama action poses shown. But I was never certain of this information being factual. I think I remember hearing of it.

Yeah, those are the new Select figures. They do include alternate body parts, but none can make a fully articulated figure. Basically they're looking to include an average of 1 torso, 1 pair of articulated arms, 2 heads, 2 pairs of hands, and 2 pairs of pre-posed legs. In Spock's case, one pair of legs has him on a knee, and the other pair has him standing. Kirk has a pair of standing legs, and a pair of mid-flight kick legs. They said in a Q&A that they're designing the legs to be compatible with each figure so you can have more options, though.

They're really trying to distance these a bit from the previous TOS line. Not only is there the limited articulation, but the Select line also scales the TOS characters up to the sizes used by the previous TNG/DS9 lines. They also said in a Q&A that there is a third Select planned already, and it's not a TOS charater.

Here's a video showing off Kirk: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...9671671&type=2
    And a look at Spock: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2012/0...les/#more-7334

Not a TOS figure?

Hmmm. I want to speculate:

Enterprise - not likely at all. But I totally want Mayweather's bridge station and Reptillian Xindi, amongst some other stuff like Hoshi and Phlox in regular duty uniforms.

Voyager - barely likely. Janeway versus the MacroVirus would make for really cool diorama display though.

For one not having any main character (from Voyager), the Borg versus Species 8472 would be awesome! I mean REALLY awesome!

They also had those Borg alcoves finished which were never released. Something with Seven of Nine and Captain Janeway could be possible. The Borg defined Voyager in the final seasons. The Queen would be something else (as well as a TNG possibility.

Deep Space Nine: Worf will take the cake for me for TNG or DS9, as he battles Gowron or Duras. That would be sweet!

I think that since they sculpted Dukat and never released him, Sisko versus Dukat could be rather likely, though DS9 is not their next most popular Trek after TOS. However, it was popular enough that they sold through their DS9 figures.

Sisko and Dukat have high probabilities.

Now Odo shapeshifting (to fight Jem Hadar?) could be something they do. Or Odo catching Quark by shape-shifting would make another popular diorama. They could even do Quark and Rom, (or Leeta) with Odo primarily being a prop piece since he'd be in the process of changing. DUDE: that could look very cool.

TNG is the very most likely thing they'd do. As I mentioned, the Borg alcoves were done and never released to my knowledge. Even making Commander Shelby might be a popular way to go.

The Borg Queen and Picard and Data in battle with her during First Contact would be very sweet.

Worf and Duras was already mentioned as a good choice.

2nd Season Riker and a Klingon from the exchange program?

Worf and K'Ehlar? Maybe a holodeck opponent like Skull-face?

OK, look: it's not likely going to be Troi, Crusher, or Laforge.

So what would they do with Data? He's always been one of Next Gen's most popular? The Stellar Cartography lab with him and Picard from Generations?

Speaking of Generations? Kirk and Picard with Soran on the bridge when Kirk dies?

Or Nemesis: Riker versus the Reman Viceroy?

Of course you can go Data and The Borg.

By the way, if they made ALL the Borg ideas I mentioned, I would not get sick of them. However, if they continued beyond that - and there's like about 10 different ideas I suggested? - then I'd get really sick of them really fast.

The Reptillian Xindi from Enterprise still remains as one of the coolest designs for aliens that DST could make, too.

Sinse they are doing TOS,

McCoy and the M-113 Salt Vampire - so we get her finally!
    Uhura under attack by Nomad
    Scotty vs Klingon 1st Officer (Trouble with Tribbles)
    Sulu vs. tiger (Shoreleave - yes a real tiger would be a stunning sculpt)
    Chekov vs. Klingon female (Day of the Dove)
    Andorian vs. Tellarite (Journey to Babel)
    Kirk and Rock the Android
    Spock and Romulan Commander
    McCoy vs Mugato (Private Little War)
    Kirk and Spock as Gangsters (A Piece of the Action)

movies:

STMP: Spock in thruster suit, Kirk in spacesuit chasing him
    ST2 Checkov in Spacesuit vs. Khan
    ST3 Kirk kicking Kruuge off ledge into lava (or in fight with him)
    ST3 Scotty shooting Klingon
    ST4: Sulu in helicopter cockpit
    ST4 Spock with whale (partial maybe due to size issue)
    ST5: Kirk in SF Rescue Gear vs cat girl (with 3 of 'em) in bar
    ST5: Spock in SF Rescue Gear on horse
    ST5: Uhura dancing in the night (I assume they'd make her "decently clothed")
    ST6: Kirk, McCoy, Martia (3 figures in snow gear, no set piece save for ice base)
    ST6: Scotty vs Col. West in Klingon Disguise
    ST6: Kirk vs. prison alien

The DST Klingon Bird of Prey has finally made it out, and the Enterprise-B will be following along shortly. Found a review on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96z1PGOzqpY

My only issue, so far without having it in hand myself, is that the video shows the disruptors are on with the lights always-on feature. It looks a bit weird, but kind of a minor nit. I think the wings should be a bit more angled rather than completely level during "flight" mode, but it looks far closer than Mattel's wing poses.

IIRC, DST has said there are three versions planned so far. One for Kruge, one for Chang, and one for TVH with an alternate battery cover that has the landing gear deployed.