Page 163 of 167 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1667
    Thanks for the video review, I had no idea this was out or even realistically coming. I am pretty sure the little hole he found is the reset button and not a missing piece, the cover of the torpedo bay on the BOP actually looks enough like an LED that it'd have been reasonable for them to try to pass that off. Prices I'm seeing right now are $55 and up, which is pretty steep but might be reasonable in person. The idea of 3 versions though is quite frustrating, I want one now but I want the TVH version more and don't want to drop $110+ for them.

Ent-B looks interesting, but I so much would rather wait for the Excelsior.

The wings on flight mode are completely level in TVH, in other areas they are raised like landing mode seen on the toy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It is pretty shocking that it's ACTUALLY out, I really thought at one point that DST was done with being able to release anything Trek. It didn't seem like they could get [b]anything[/] out. It seems they've learned from it rather than just making excuses finally, and/or must have gotten money from CBS last year to get more Trek product out this year. They even mentioned on facebook that they now have an entire team for Quality Control, rather than... I guess... a chimpanzee and two trainees.

NewForceComics will have the K-BoP for $50, but S&H is estimated at $10-15 depending on where you are.

I believe the Excelsiors and the rerelease of the Enterprise-E are next, I'm sure DST will be posting plenty production sample pics when those get further along so can't wait for that. Also, it's been hinted that their Enterprise-E rerelease might come in two paint schemes, one for Nemesis and one for First Contact. Even though the model is based on the modifications done for Nemesis, it wouldn't feature any sculpted changes for the FC version.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thanks for the update. I still got to get a "micro" Defiant (more like Action-Fleet size) and a Voyager just a little bit bigger - like the size of a G1 Transformer jet (Dirge for example).

I'm going to order Spock and the Horta soon.

I think I said I wanted:

McCoy and the Salt Vampire (finally)

Not buying Kirk and Khan. I have the regular figures.

Uhura vs. Nomad would be cool.

Even Nurse Chapel and "Rock" (the android)

Sulu?

Chekov vs. a Kligon from Day of the Dove!

Scotty vs. Koloth's First Officer (Klingon) in Trouble With Tribbles might be nice.

Anyway, I want these figure-dioramas in the McFarlane-esqe style to continue with the other Star Treks - possibly including the new movie. If Hasbro has the license for Star Trek movies now, maybe they can sub-let it like they do for 12" figures to SideShow and Gentle Giant?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    It is pretty shocking that it's ACTUALLY out, I really thought at one point that DST was done with being able to release anything Trek. It didn't seem like they could get [b]anything[/] out. It seems they've learned from it rather than just making excuses finally, and/or must have gotten money from CBS last year to get more Trek product out this year. They even mentioned on facebook that they now have an entire team for Quality Control, rather than... I guess... a chimpanzee and two trainees.

NewForceComics will have the K-BoP for $50, but S&H is estimated at $10-15 depending on where you are.

I believe the Excelsiors and the rerelease of the Enterprise-E are next, I'm sure DST will be posting plenty production sample pics when those get further along so can't wait for that. Also, it's been hinted that their Enterprise-E rerelease might come in two paint schemes, one for Nemesis and one for First Contact. Even though the model is based on the modifications done for Nemesis, it wouldn't feature any sculpted changes for the FC version.
    After the last 2 Comic-Con's, I also thought DST had essentially given up on releasing Trek product. I won't believe until I see it that they've learned from anything though, Diamond sucks at adapting generally, and until they hire outside reps instead of trusting factory managers in China to do the QC they're still going to have a bad turnaround - if this new team is just hiring more chinese factory workers to herald the brand it's not going to impress me.

Good ol' NewForce, too bad shipping is so high or I'd just get it from them.

I'd really like to see a workable timeline for the Excelsior and K-BOP releases, but after seeing the new packaging for the Ent-D re-release, I honestly doubt they actually have anybody working on the brand full time, that new packaging smacks of lazy.

I doubt they got money from the licensee, that's not generally how it works.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wished Hot Wheels would do the Defiant and Voyager, maybe a few smaller Trek ships so I can kind of keep my scale thing going.

Actually, Voyager would have to be larger than anything Hot Wheels made.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Another review of the K-BoP, this time a text one with some incredible quality close-ups. https://rborg42.wordpress.com/2013/0...-bird-of-prey/

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'd really like to see a workable timeline for the Excelsior and K-BOP releases, but after seeing the new packaging for the Ent-D re-release, I honestly doubt they actually have anybody working on the brand full time, that new packaging smacks of lazy.
    The packaging is something that surprised me... The packages for the K-BoP and Ent-B aren't bad, but the Ent-D is terrible. On Facebook the DST rep has mentioned that CBS mandated a new standard packaging and that's why the Ent-D was changed, but... why not just modify what they had? Not showing off the nacelles was a bad decision, and Picard's picture looks like it's faded from sun damage.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I doubt they got money from the licensee, that's not generally how it works.
    Oh ok. It does make sense that a licensor would be on their own, but I thought maybe there'd be an exception during points when the brand could be potentially hot (like during a movie year) and a licensor could get a grant from the licensee to bolster the product line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I wished Hot Wheels would do the Defiant and Voyager, maybe a few smaller Trek ships so I can kind of keep my scale thing going.
    Have you looked at the Hallmark ornament of the Defiant for an AF-sized version?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Have you looked at the Hallmark ornament of the Defiant for an AF-sized version?

No. Do you have an ordering link or eBay auction in mind? I might like this. Thanks.

Another review of the K-BoP, this time a text one with some incredible quality close-ups. https://rborg42.wordpress.com/2013/0...-bird-of-prey/

The packaging is something that surprised me... The packages for the K-BoP and Ent-B aren't bad, but the Ent-D is terrible. On Facebook the DST rep has mentioned that CBS mandated a new standard packaging and that's why the Ent-D was changed, but... why not just modify what they had? Not showing off the nacelles was a bad decision, and Picard's picture looks like it's faded from sun damage.
    The K-BOP package not bad? I'm looking at the picture in that review, that has to be the all-time worst packaging I could imagine for that piece. A giant expanse of blank blue cardboard (I see it's supposed to be space, but since space isn't blue most of the time, it doesn't sell that idea), a tiny cutout showing the product, text obscuring the actual window instead of on the big nothing. If I turned in work that poor I'd be lucky to have a client afterwards. Even the picture of the toy in the upper right corner is a misstep, it's not a particularly compelling image, source art would have been better. And that package back is so simple, if this were a Micro Machines-sized toy that lack of images and text might be justified, but for a giant ship that is totally unacceptable IMO.

I didn't know that CBS mandated it, they're foolish to force this on them without helping them come up with something dynamic within the mandated concept. Also, blue in general is the poorest-selling color for product packaging. Everything about this seems like a disaster.

I just asked Steve, he's not at all into Trek, no familiarity, felt the only justification to having a window that limited would be if it was a recognizable symbol from Trek.

The list of sound effects, they only licensed 3? They didn't bother with a DEcloaking sound, or flyby sound, or any flight mode sound? It's like 3 steps forward, 2 steps back with DST every time. And they're sticking with the garbage stand top ball joint design, WHY?!?

Oh ok. It does make sense that a licensor would be on their own, but I thought maybe there'd be an exception during points when the brand could be potentially hot (like during a movie year) and a licensor could get a grant from the licensee to bolster the product line.
    The licensor pays fees to the licensee, usually an up-front fee and then a per-unit fee as well, there's no reason why the licensor would pay anything to the licensee that I can think of. If the licensor can't make the line keep afloat during the off-times then usually the licensee just lets the license expire and moves to another licensor who will hopefully be more successful. I don't know of any licensors so wise as to offset weak sales with their own money to ensure brand support when the market itself won't support the brand.

All very good points. I guess I'm just less critical of the K-BoP because I'm just thrilled that it's finally out so the packaging has been the furthest thing from my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    No. Do you have an ordering link or eBay auction in mind? I might like this. Thanks.
    I've been trying to find pictures that has it either next to an AA/DST ship or some figures, but haven't had any luck. I'm planning on digging into my ST/SW Hallmark ornaments here soon though, I'll try to snap a good picture of its scale.

All very good points. I guess I'm just less critical of the K-BoP because I'm just thrilled that it's finally out so the packaging has been the furthest thing from my mind.
    I'm not being critical of the KBOP, just the awful packaging. I don't think I'll even bother saving it, and I've saved all of 'em up until now.

I hit a couple stores yesterday, no KBOPs in stock around here yet.

I've been trying to find pictures that has it either next to an AA/DST ship or some figures, but haven't had any luck. I'm planning on digging into my ST/SW Hallmark ornaments here soon though, I'll try to snap a good picture of its scale.
    Amazon has the ornament for between $19 and $30 (depends on the seller), I almost picked it up for $19 with the Prime shipping but it requires so much customizing from the cables in the back and the eyelet loop on the bridge that I'm a little gunshy.