Page 164 of 167 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1670
    Thank you Basker and JediTricks.

I just looked the Defiant up on Amazon. Man it looks perfect, especially if it is around the Hot Wheels scale.

I assume the cables on the back are so that it lights up on a Christmas tree?

I have a Darth Vader like that (so his lightsaber lights up). I see what you mean about being wary of the cables.

When you find it Basker, I'd like to hear your opinion about removing the cables, too.

Anyone have thoughts about if and when Hot Wheels or another company might make a Defiant around this scale?

And wasn't there that Japanese company someone told me about a while ago? I just didn't have money to spend on the ship back then, and I'm not really sure I do now. Working on getting published, I have almost no toy money.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, it's a light-up ornament. If it was just the cables, that'd be no problem, but it's the huge green gasket around them that ensures the cables don't get frayed which is IMO the real problem.

There are 2 gashapon (vending machine)-type Defiant toys from Japan, ignore these insane prices on Amazon just use them for visual reference...
    the Furuta:
    http://www.amazon.com/U-S-S-Defiant-...ds=uss+defiant
    the F-Toys:
    http://www.amazon.com/U-S-S-Defiant-...ds=uss+defiant

Also, there's the Playmates Defiant Innerspace set that's essentially Action Fleet scale but takes liberties with the design because it's a fold-out playset:
    http://www.amazon.com/Defiant-Playse...ds=uss+defiant

A few years ago, Konami and Corgi were each going to do them (Konami's was to be a new gashapon, Corgi's was a die-cast) but the Trek market is in the dumps.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thank you. I talked with the action film directions JJ Abrams is taking Star Trek that it would be more Toyota
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Toyetic. Voice to text problem.

The Spock vs Horta and Kirk vs Khan figures are now available for order.

I'm just going to get Spock. I think from Entertainment Earth or maybe from Diamond Directly.

I saw it on my cell phone so I'm not currently looking at the e-tailer that I found it on.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out my dream sets from TNG (the series) and movies:

Picard vs. ?
    Riker vs?
    Data vs?
    Worf vs. Duras - definintely!
    Geordi vs?
    Crusher vs?
    Troi as a Romulan vs. female Romulan Commander

Now Lursa and B'Tor figures in the 7" style would look great.

I was also always interested in Geordi's "Interface" outfit being made into a figure of him.

Movie villains like Ru'Afo or Soran are possibilities.

The Borg stuff has been made, including the Queen, so I was getting away from that. Q does not make a great action pose figure for these kind of dioramas except maybe his throne from Farpoint - but that's not an action scene. Q just sits there.

What would you guys want?

DS9....

Sisko vs Jem Hadar
    Kira (in Bajoran uniform) vs. Dukat
    Ezri Dax vs Breen
    Bashir as secret agent vs O'Brien as Falcon
    Odo vs Quark (the former shapeshifting as his figure)
    Jadzia Dax vs ?

Voyager...

Janeway vs Macrovirus
    Chakotay vs Kazon Cullah
    Tuvok vs ?
    Seven of Nine vs Species 8472
    Tom Paris as Captain Proton vs "his nemesis in the Captain Proton universe"
    Harry Kim vs ?
    The Doctor as Beowulf vs "light Grendal"
    B'Elana vs Viddian

I'd like to see the Maazon maybe. Not sure who else? The Borg really go with TNG figures.

Enterprise could come back with the Xindi and I especially want a Xindi Reptillian figure and Shran and Sillik, a Klingon and Nausicaan have all already been made.

DST has released images and videos of their upcoming Klingon Disruptor as well as the Cmdr. Kruge variant:

http://www.actionfigs.com/content.ph...lusive-Variant!

It looks nice enough, but I'm not blown away by the light or sound on either, and their SRP is way higher than I'd expect for the piece in that video, but I'll reserve final judgement for when I see it at Comic-Con.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm pretty interested in these. They look really nice, but the video doesn't really impress as far as lights and sounds go. I think the regular disruptor is on the high end of acceptable but the Kruge version will make me wonder if its worth it or not.

The Kruge disruptor is in stock at BBTS. I decided to get one. Hope I'm not disappointed. The other "beak nose" style disruptor is still on preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    The Kruge disruptor is in stock at BBTS. I decided to get one. Hope I'm not disappointed. The other "beak nose" style disruptor is still on preorder.
    I can't wait for your review on it, I decided I'm definitely not thinking about either of these until I see them in person, probably at SDCC, maybe at Wondercon next week, but I am very curious if they're better than the DST videos made them look. Obviously they won't be hefty, DST role play never is, but that's ok, it's about paint and sculpt and features.

I received my Kruge disruptor yesterday. Here are some pics and thoughts. It measures almost 17" long, which I think is around what the original prop was. When you have it in hand, it feels light, more like a toy than a real weapon, but the actual prop was probably the same way. It has some decent weathering painted onto it, which keeps it from looking like a toy. When you pick it up and fire, its just really neat. My daughters an I were having all kinds of fun with this last night. The lights and sound effects are pretty much what you saw in the videos. A little underwhelming, but I don't know if they could have really done much more. The actualy prop doesn't have much of anything in the way of lights. It has a selector switch on the back for single shot, rapid fire, or disintegrate. It makes a very audible noise when moved. I didn't take a pic of it, but the top of the gun comes off to reveal the battery compartment. Its actually a neat way to hide it and it also leaves things open for maybe making the rifle portion of it in the future. I think its something you actually have to have in hand to really appreciate. I do recommend it, but I still think $60 is kinda steep for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disruptor 233.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	27271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disruptor 234.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	27272   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disruptor 235.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	27273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disruptor 236.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	27274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disruptor 237.jpg 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	27275  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disruptor 238.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	27276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disruptor 239.jpg 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	27277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disruptor 240.jpg 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	27278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disruptor 241.jpg 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	27279