Page 166 of 168 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1680
    Well, hopefully I get some luck and avoid that. I don't like the lack of support buying these, DST makes a lot of promises but has yet to own any of them. My Enterprise A still has missing paint on the tail, I still have a broken stand that they continue to use the design of, and missing details on the Enterprise D that was supposed to be fixed with stickers.

I do like the landing gear, any news of when it's supposed to be released?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

Has anyone heard anything about the Spock vs. Horta figure set shipping? It was supposed to come out in May.
    I am quoting myself since my question was ignored.

I did enjoy seeing the BoP pictures. Good pick-up!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I bought a TOS Enterprise from BBTS that was put together terribly. I sent it back and they sent me another one that was in much better shape. Its probably better to deal with someone like BBTS or Redfordfilms rather than DST themselves. But I suppose to get a decal or missing part, you'll have to deal with them directly.

To my knowledge, they haven't officially announced a release date for the HMS Bounty.

Sorry Tycho. Didn't mean to ignore your question. BBTS has it listed as coming in June. I would imagine that it will be soon, but release dates change.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I bought a TOS Enterprise from BBTS that was put together terribly. I sent it back and they sent me another one that was in much better shape. Its probably better to deal with someone like BBTS or Redfordfilms rather than DST themselves. But I suppose to get a decal or missing part, you'll have to deal with them directly.

To my knowledge, they haven't officially announced a release date for the HMS Bounty.
    I guess, I kinda hate ordering these online instead of buying them in person, also I don't like having to make the little guys fix the problems of the big guys.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hear ya. Ideally, it'd be nice to see it in person before purchasing it, but thats often times not an option for me. I usually rely on pics, vids, and reviews to help me decide to buy something or not.

My plan was that if my local stores don't get it, I'll pick it up at SDCC, and if that doesn't work I'll get it online, so I hear ya, that requires a lot of patience and resources.

So, if Hasbro is making Star Trek Kre-O's, do they have the rights now? I'd like to see some Star Trek figures that are on scale and on par with Star Wars figures.

But only if they include some pre-reboot figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not sure how up to date my info is, but I think Hasbro only has the rights to the new movie and not TOS. It'd be nice to see something new, but at this point I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Originally, the info I saw said that Hasbro had a master license for Trek, however the actual press release says "a variety of products based on the STAR TREK property beginning in 2013" so it sounds like there is no master license here. DST seems to retain the rights to figures and vehicles based on classic Trek (movies and shows), and I guess after the debacle that was Playmates running the '09 movie line into the ground, the license for the new movies for figures is a big question mark.

The license for the new movie figures / toys is negligible.

The main story sequence runs with human characters. Sure, that's expected for the main 7 crew members, but I don't think the Klingon sequence is so important to the film to be toyetic. Maybe "Harrison's" ship from a certain moment Kirk has to use a fire extinguisher?

I love the movie and saw it twice, but as far as toys? It would be nice to have more versions of the crew, but...

In the meanwhile, DST seemed to release Kirk and Spock with non-poseable legs to TRU. These look like they're trying to make some extra bucks or replace the Spock / Horta and Kirk / Khan sets I've been waiting for.

And am still waiting for (Spock / Horta - did not order Kirk).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.