Page 167 of 168 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1671
    That's a shame. I might actually buy some well-done Star Trek figures that are compatible with the other lines I get.

If they were to cheap out and go the same route as the Indiana Jones figures or most of their Marvel figures, though, that's another story.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

My Spock figure with Horta came yesterday!

Well it's cheap for Diamond Select it still cool to get a non two arms two legs alien figure if you can call to figure and not a base.

At Comic Con I suggested they did the salt vampire with McCoy.

NOMAD Could come with Uhura or Scotty.

TNG Has enough of a following that they could do figures.

I'd really like to see worf vs Duras.

Anyway Spock is really cool. No Kirk and Khan because I have the single figures.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Talked to DST briefly at Comic-Con about the vessels.

Excelsior is coming pretty soon, fall.

Klingon Bird of Prey Kruge variant is already out, Action Figure Xpress exclusive that they distributed out, it's translucent green which IMO is utterly backwards, the Chang variant should have been translucent.

The regular Chang variant they wanted $70, I passed, that's way too much.

The clear SDCC variant was $60 and had NO ELECTRONICS!!! I would have passed, but they didn't have any that day anyway. SIXTY BUCKS!!!

The HMS Bounty variant does not have a date at all right now, the HMS Bounty part is likely to be a sticker. I was sad.

All in all, a very disappointing way for Star Trek to be treated.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So no landing gear for the Bounty, just a sticker. That stinks. There's really no motivation to pick up this version then. I thought the landing gear would be the big selling point on this version.

Planning on getting Excelsior unless I hear some really horrible things about it.

Did you like the way the Chang BOP looked?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    So no landing gear for the Bounty, just a sticker. That stinks. There's really no motivation to pick up this version then. I thought the landing gear would be the big selling point on this version.

Planning on getting Excelsior unless I hear some really horrible things about it.

Did you like the way the Chang BOP looked?
    Sorry, I misspoke, I wasn't clear, there will be landing gear. It's the "HMS Bounty" deco part that they said would be a sticker.

Preview images I've seen on the Excelsior look really good, and the audio and lights test from DST looked nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3IXHqYy2pg

I liked the Chang enough in box, didn't see it loose, the box did an ok job showing the item considering how bad the window design is.

Looking at a review of the DST Enterprise B, holy crap what a mess that thing is, I was comparing it to the original prop, boy that'd really bum you out to see not just the ridiculously clumsy paint but also the sculpting which has no excuse: http://www.startrekpropauthority.com...prise-b-7.html
    "Oh, we'll just halfass this, nobody will notice, it's not like Trek fans are obsessive about these sorts of things. Guess at the panels, throw on any ol' size torpedo launchers, go ahead and shrink the main deflector, leave the bussard collectors half unglued. Then we'll let the paint guys get drunk and slap on all sorts of mistakes like the wrong registry on the side and then also tampo it backwards."

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Glad to hear they didn't axe the landing gear. Still, when they go through all the trouble of doing an excellent paint job, it seems rather cheap to just slap a sticker on the side. It can't be that expensive to paint HMS Bounty on the side.

I'm looking forward to Excelsior, but it worries me that Enterprise B is so bad. They're basically the same ship. I hope the factory that makes Ent B doesn't make Excelsior.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Glad to hear they didn't axe the landing gear. Still, when they go through all the trouble of doing an excellent paint job, it seems rather cheap to just slap a sticker on the side. It can't be that expensive to paint HMS Bounty on the side.

I'm looking forward to Excelsior, but it worries me that Enterprise B is so bad. They're basically the same ship. I hope the factory that makes Ent B doesn't make Excelsior.
    Yeah, the landing gear is what I'm waiting on at this point, but with my birthday coming up at the end of the month I might just ask for the Chang one now anyway. Using a sticker instead of paint or a tampo is not cool.

I'm sure it's the same factory making them, they even included the Excelsior tampo for the stardrive hull badging (both flipped and normal). They screwed up deco'ing the saucer rim though, that is unforgivable whether tampo or mask. The whole thing is such a mess, I think it might be time to throw in the towel if they can't get QC back under control. It's not like the line ever really had it fully together, but that Ent-B was awful.

Will there be anything new at Comic Con for Star Trek toys?

WOKII (I mean Into the Darkness) didn't have anything especially toyetic. I mean sure the Klingons had stuff, but it wasn't a principle battle scene.

I so want to see DS9 "Dominion Wars" Star Wars-ized. In other words ships that figures can fly in and shoot plastic missiles out of in the 3 3/4" scale.

C'mon Hasbro! (They have the license now as far as I understand it - save for maybe the new movie stuff).

PlayMates wave 2 would have been awesome if they'd produced it for retail.

I guess TNG Picard with Borg base is the next thing coming out of the figure / diorama stuff.

I really don't do TNG out of 6-7" stuff (except TNG movie stuff). Worf vs Duras would be really nice though. Or Worf and K'Eleryr.

Quark with Odo (non-figure) shapeshifting to catch him would be a super-cool edition.

Sisko vs. Dukat (double-figures with connecting bases).

But also Janeway vs. the Macro-Virus thing.

Tom Paris as Captain Proton vs Mr. Robot would be sweet!

And they could still do the once-planned 7 of 9 in Borg alcove.

I still want Xindi figures (reptilian) from Enterprise.

TOS McCoy vs Salt Vampire (finally) needs to be done.

So could Travis Mayweather with the NX pilot's station.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Diamond had the Excelsior listed in their booth at $70, I wanted to see it before I even considered buying it. On Friday, I walked by and figured I'd come back and maybe get one, when I did they were sold out. So I almost bought someone's Enterprise B for $50 but then thought to buy Excelsior from Amazon, turned out it was $47 and it was on my doorstep on Monday.

The Excelsior is in a pretty big box and uses a single try-me voice, although the switch to go to play is accessible from the tray without removing the ship.

The ship has no aztecking at all which is very frustrating, it takes it down to that Playmates level of detail in the majority of the ship. They changed the warp nacelles from the Ent-B and oddly removed the side-fins which is inaccurate, I think someone at Diamond googled the ship and just used CGI images made by fans. The impulse engines apparently have a glue issue, mine has a slight separation there and other pics I've seen also look to have that, possibly from assembly stress on the saucer. The bridge button requires finesse on mine, it doesn't set off lights and sounds half the time it's pressed, I think because the travel is loose and spongy. The lights and sounds aren't very clever this time around, not a lot of "show" varying the lights, and the sounds are almost all dialogue (although the dialogue is well-mastered here). I just noticed another issue with the saucer, the middle part isn't fitting properly, it sticks up where it joins the rest of the saucer on the left only, this thing has to go back - glad I got it through Amazon, they are shipping me a replacement that fast.

Sculpted detailing is like "Playmates-plus", it's definitely not up to spec with the other Diamond releases when you've got a neck with half the lines it should and the "photon torpedo launchers" that I don't think actually are but they are openings in the neck are too close together, and an "overbite" just below the neck that shouldn't be there at all, and simple underside hangar detailing. The main deflector is flat out wrong, it sticks out like an "outie" belly button and its cavity doesn't recess properly. And the nacelles seem to sag slightly so they dip down as they go back. The RCS thrusters were sculpted and indented on the prototype, not on the production piece though.

I'm not sure it's to scale with... anything in the line, really, it's considerably underscaled for the Enterprise A, maybe it's in scale with the Ent-D but I don't have access to mine right now.

Paint has a few of the same lazy mistakes from Diamond, things that simply don't curve correctly comes up on the ring around the saucer (also join errors galore there) and the red lines spanning from the registry on top of the saucer, and the registry with the Starfleet logo on either side of the secondary hull, actually about half of anything red is off. They didn't bother paining in the grilles of the warp nacelles, so they're transparent when not lit. That said, most things in blue and black aren't too bad, even the windows aren't generally too rough, and there's only one spot where there's oil or something interfering with the paint causing discoloration (that's pretty good for DST). Some of the paint is nice, some is sloppy, it's very schizo.

The impulse engines look good, the energy deflection domes (these replaced the single one from ST3) look nice and even have silver paint on the spars, the overall sculpt is pleasing still, and they have plenty of detailed paint apps where necessary (minus aztecking).

Is it worth $70? Absolutely not, it's clumsy and has a few notable mistakes and absences. Is it worth $50? Depends on how you feel about the Excelsior, but I'd say it comes close.

JT, before you send it back, mine had an issue with part of the impulse engine sticking up and I ended up squeezing on it until it popped back into place. If thats the problem, maybe give that a try and see if it works.