Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I can't believe there is talk of waiting until the new AFs are on clearance. If they have to stick them on clearance, do you really think there will be any hope of Hasbro producing new AFs? Hardly.

I'm assuming you don't mean the REAR landing gear on the drop ship, yes? Since we're not counting my slight modification to the Millennium Falcon (I removed the grab lip to the forward landing foot so it woud be flush), then the drop ship's front gear probably is the best.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've seen the AF twice now within the last week. Both times I think it was the X-wing and Vader's TIE that were on the shelves. Just one or two total. To me, that appears like the ships are selling well.

well, depends OC47, Walmart has a tendancy (around here anyways) of getting in one case at a time? maybe two..
    Take Acklay for example, I saw him once, 4 or 6 on the shelf, got him, that was the last I've seen him (long long time ago)
    AF's, 1 of each on the shelf, I grabbed them all as they looked oh so nice. Havent seen them since!
    I wish they would get more Acklay in, I'd like to open one, and if they don't I will end up opening this one... which I do not want to do..

I'm waiting for the Gunship.. ooooo baby!

I've been checking my 2 area WMs for the last week, trying to score another set of the 3 new AFs for another foruMMer, and there's been absolutely zero, nada, zed, zilch, NOTHING!!! One of the two locations even removed the price sticker from that area of their shelf! My only guess is that some scalper(s) in town are now aware of these items and snatching them all up before I get there???
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I visited a couple different stores today while making the rounds in the heart of Buffalo.

Went to a Target, two KBs and a Toys R Us.

The Target had all of the accessory sets (one of each) and two of the ships, two DV Tie Fighters and an X-wing for $9.99. I passed up on all of them.

The TRU had 0 AF and not much of anything else.

The first KB I went to had zilch. The second KB had all of the ships including a Millenium Falcon that I bagged for myself. Even though the price was $3 more than Target, I knew I just had to get one. I'm hoping to get another when my pocketbook says it's all right. I missed the MF during the initial run of the line and even though I would love to see more new ships made, I am not angry at Hasbro for reissuing this baby.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Maybe Swaf. Try target to, I saw 2 Tie's at one of them on Saturday. Also finally saw the accessory sets.. but I passed on them. I did nab the action fleet packs though: Mos Eisley Encounter, Imperial Endor Pursuit, Dune Sea Ambush, and Tatooine Droide Hunter.
    were only $5.99

Is the main thing with the accessory packs, just to replenish misplaced weapons? and maybe to add a piece or two to a diorama? I wasnt too impressed

Originally posted by Darth forb1us
    Is the main thing with the accessory packs, just to replenish misplaced weapons? and maybe to add a piece or two to a diorama? I wasnt too impressed
    Yeah I would say that too. The accessory packs include a rehashed figure (with the exception of the Red Battle Droid which in this case, is a rehashed, repainted figure) with a few weapons and other accessories (like the Mouse Droid on the Death Star Accessory set). I held the Hoth Accessory sets in my hand for a good couple of minutes, but for $9.99 I passed on these, and got some Reese Puffs cereal (with free Lightsaber pen).

For those who care, Target also clearanced it's Star Wars candy such as the Boba Fett gum dispenser and the R2-D2 dippin' candy.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner

For those who care, Target also clearanced it's Star Wars candy such as the Boba Fett gum dispenser and the R2-D2 dippin' candy.
    if they want to sell candy dispensers, they oughta turn the af tie bomber into the biggest selling pez dispenser of all time!

0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

I've only seen the new AFs in two stores and I've been making trips between 4 Targets, 3 Walmarts, 2 Kmarts, and 1 TRU every other day for weeks. Either they are selling out immediately, they were sorely underproduced, or they are going to be shipping more at a later date. It may just be like the 3 3/4" figures where there seems to be one of each new case per store until four months later when they get so many cases that they can't even sell them all.