Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My two favorites for the last 25 years -- Han and Chewie. It was at Target.

Smile

I actually forget the year - maybe '96 or '97, or even '98 - but my first POTF2 figure was (of course) a Stormtrooper. I probably would never have gotten back into Star Wars figures if it hadn't been for my coworker. He pinned a few orange-carded figs on his wall at work (which I thought looked awful, and constantly gave him grief about), and I decided to go to TRU to look at all these so-called new SW figures. I bought a Stormtrooper just for the good memories of childhood. I opened it up immediately, and was hooked...again! The next figures - and for good measure - the next years are all a blur.
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

My frist POTF2 was Vader with long saber and Stormtrooper at KB toys. After that great day that I learned that StarWars was reborn I fell in love for the second time. Ok thats a little much, but I was the happiest kid in the store!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

A Stormtrooper at Spencer gifts in Lansing for $5.99

The next few days were spent hunting down all the rest. That freaking Speeder Bike for some reason was practically impossible to find in Lansing!!

My first were Luke and Ben. I heard that there was going to be a new line of SW figures, but seen them yet. Then at an after X-mas sale there they were. I would have got more but those were the only two the store had.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Darth Vader -- just like in 1978.
    Chewbacca is really Luke and Leia's father! Jar Jar becomes a Jedi!

I bought the whole first wave (except Leia, of course) but Obi-Wan was the apple of my eye!
    Even though Leia was my first love, Padme is waaaaayyyy hotter!

Hello all,

My first purchase came back in the good year of 1995, in the good month of August. FAO Schwartz in New York City was the place. I dished out a lot more than I should have for the fig, but I loved it! Didn't think for a minute that my collection would amount to being that Han + 1100 other pieces.

-JD
    http://www.streetmusicny.com

"Street Music" (Directed by JD Marlow) is a documentary short about performance in public spaces, focusing on NYC street and subway musicians. Check out my web site for more information about the film!

I read about them in the now defunct Star wars galaxy magazine, they showed a bunch of first shots, and prototypes. From the time that came out until the line was released, I would check the stores every other day, which was fairly uncommon foe me back then. When alas in the mid august heat, I walked into the air conditioned bliss of K-mart to find the towering display of figures right in the entrance. I weeded through with a bunch of grown men, hmm odd (I was only 16 at the time). I grabbed all 9 and ran out the door(after paying). a month or so later I found all the ships.

My first POTF2 figure? Well, I found all of the 1st issue guys at K-Mart except for Leia and C3PO. Got them all at once.