Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What Was Your First POTF2 Figure?

Based on Jayspawn's What Was You're First Figure? thread at the OLD SSG Forums!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the Power of the Force Star Wars figures first came out in '95, everybody scrambled to get their hands on them. This was the rebirth of Star Wars figures and toys!

So who or what was your first POTF2 figure?Where did you get it?

Mine was Darth Vader,Stormrooper,Luke and (I think) Han I bought them at a shop called Big-W or woolworths at the price of AU$8.85 each (now the figures are AU$16.00^ each) I was so happy until I found out that Luke and Vader were the rare ones a couple years latter,I've been made at myself since!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Back in 95, I was in a Service Merchandise in PA and went over to the toy section and there they were, one complete set. I could not believe my eyes.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Darth Vader, I got it from Blockbuster Video, where I worked at the time.

the master jedi
    My very first figure was an R2-D2 I got for Christmas of '95. This figure is what got me started in Star Wars.

Mine was a Green Carded Vader and a Luke speederbike. It was a happy day.

Lightbulb Well...

Mine were a bunch. I bought Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, C-3PO, and R2-D2. All on orange cards. I remember that day well. I bought them at a Fred Meyer, when they actually had toys.......
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I think mine is a CTC Luke. Bought it together with CTC Han and CTC Greedo. It was a happy day for me too

Griff

Talking

Boba Fett with the cool little jet pack that you can take off.

Thumbs up

My first SW figs were Hammerhead and Yoda. I got them at Walmart the first time I saw the rereleased SW figs.

I believe it wasn't until I picked up the Luke Dagobah and TIE Pilot that I decided to collect the new line. I think I shyed away due to the buff sculpts.