Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Today I found the Spider Droid and the Super Battle Droid Builder deluxe fig's at Target. There were 8-10 completely empty pegs waiting for new fig's. getting ready for the new reset, it looks like.

They also had a from LOTR an Eowyn 12" and a couple Gollum figs (the smaller size).

Since my last post I've received my Endor Rebel troop builder from EE.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

On Fri I went to WizardWorld East in Philly. Nice to drive in the city again (a real city that is, unlike Wilm DE).

Anyway. It was a room filled w/ vendors so there was a ton of stuff there. I saw all the fig's that I know that I am missing, but the only one I bought was Admiral MOtti. Others I need are: COMMTech Leia, Holo Sidious, and the Hispanic looking Royal guard from E1; not counting all the new '03 fig's. If anyone is reading this and has an extra to sell/trade please LMK.

Purchased on VHS copies of the Holiday Special and SW: The Lost Audition Films. "Here for the first time ever, The Lost Audition Films...

See what might have been if these actors and actresses had been cast in the original SW film. Shot in 1975 in the Lucas Studios with a black and white camera, this tape highlights the original casting auditions for the principal actors including Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and harrison Ford then shows what might have been by showing us the auditions for Kurt Russell [Han], Wm Katt [Luke], Robbie Benson [Luke], Dennis Hopper, Frederick Forrest, Andrew Stevens [Luke], Charles Martin Smith [Luke], Amy Irving [Tarkin] {Ha Ha... Gothcha!}, Michelle Phillips, Gerald McRaney, Christopher Walken and over a dozen other up and comers.

Part of what makes this amazing tape an absolute must for the true SW fan is the audition scripts with lots of dialoue that wasn't in the final version of the film.

93 min.'s, 1975"

I've only watched about half so far, but it's kinda boring. I will say that Carrie looked even more of a hottie though! Damn!

Most of the scenes w/ a "Luke" had Harrison playing Han, except 1 where Wm Katt (only THE greatest American Hero!) was w/ Kurt Russell as Han.

After buying these on VHS I later saw them on DVD and wanted to kick myself!

Got Dave Prowse's auto on one of those C2 Auto Series photo's of Vader. The main reason I got it was b/c the photo looks SO damn cool! It shows Vader inside Echo Base on Hoth w/ a few Snowies in the BG. It looks really good b/c Vaders all in Black and the BG is pretty much all white and light greys.

Dave confirmed that he has yet to be asked to reprise his role as DV for E3 and suggested we/I start emailing LFL. Ray Park and Jerry Bulloch hadn't yet showed up. Daniel Logan was there and didn't have too much to say. I told him there was internet speculation that Boba would kill Mace.

Master Replicas was there. They had a frame for the auto's for $8, so I got one. They said they were looking at doing a thermal detonator (which they also said at C2) and also the Medal that is given to Luke and Han (the Kalidor Crescent?) and jango's blasters. asked about getting Stormy blasters, but they said that, as a replica, it would look too much like a real gun, that an orange "tip" would have to be added to mark it as unreal. Asked about the upcoming ST props. Guy said something about various phasers and tricorders and communicators that were specific to characters, but he lost me while he was talking about getting licenses ( the friend I was w/ was into ST, so he was listening more closely).

I didn't visit any of the comic artists that were there b/c they ... well, I only collect Spidey and SW nowadays, so...

If anyone is reading this that will be going to the SD Comicon (or another major Con): I am looking to get the exclusive Blue Clonetrooper. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it, and would gladly offer more than just reimbursement for tyour trouble. If you can help, please PM or email me.

Until next time...

Edit:

Amy Allen was there also, but she didn't llok quite as hot as Aayla Secura. Maybe it was b/c she didn't have her "Leku" on, maybe it was b/c she wasn't painted blue w/ a belly shirt on . i don't know.
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

On Tues I found the TRU exclusive Imperial Forces fig pack at 2 different TRU's: Media and Springfield, both in DelCo PA.
    YVH-1 head

My local Newark TRU now has the Imp Forces also.

I just had my IMAX AOTC poster framed at an arts and crafts store near me, AC Moore. I had never opened it before I got to the counter. The thing is huge, bigger then a regular store bought poster. then I noticed that the printing is on both sides: one side is correct and the other looks like your looking at it from the back (hey, I thought it was cool, none of my other posters have that).

So it took about 2 wks and it turned out to be too big for where I had intended to put it, over my computer/monitor (all the toys on my desk are AOTC). I ended up having to take down a painting my grandfather painted of teh Russian countryside during WW2.

I've got 3 other posters I want to get done now: ESB (Gone W/ The Wind style), the SW Radio Drama poster and a SW concert poster.
    YVH-1 head

Found the "new" Action Fleet at WM this a.m.... AT-AT and Snowspeeder. They also had a peg of E1 fig's still, which actually appeared there about 5 to 8 weeks ago. Doesn't appear as if they've sold any though.
    YVH-1 head

3 posts in 1 week! Stuff is starting to show up!

Today, received the Ani Speederbike and Dooku Speederbike from KebCo; will receive some fig's later this week.

Stopped at KB on my way home from Target and found the Gamorrean Guard. Gonna try to cancel the order from KBkids.com.

At target they didn't have new SW, but for LOTR they had 12" Arwen (her face was too long) and 12" Helm's Deep Legolas w/ sculpted hair. Other then the sculpted hair, and some wacky looking boots, it was a good looking fig.
    YVH-1 head

As expected, I received my 2nd shipment of fig's from KebCo today: Aayla, Yoda and Chian and Bariss Ofee. There wasa note in the box that all the Ashla and Jempa were arriving damaged, which was mentioned in another thread on the site. Undamaged fig's would be shipped later.

I forgot to mention on Mon that I had seen KotOR store displays ship to my local FunCo Land/Gamestop. I'm not sure of the release date.
    YVH-1 head

I'm going to file this under "SW Related":

I went to see the Phila Orchestra tonight at the Mann Center for Performing Arts, conducted by John Williams. Show began at 8p and lasted until about 10:15p.

Playlist:

-Liberty Fanfare - I think this was written for the rededication of the Statue Of Liberty.

-Overture to The Cowboys -

-Suite from JFK - Theme, motorcade, Arlington
    This piece was excellent and sounded better than I've ever heard it. I could easily picture the beginning of the movie before JFK was shot. If I remeber correctly, Arlington is at the point where Garrison has just spoken to X and he's at a crossroads as to whether to continue or not. Garrison is on one side of frame at JFK's grave w/ eternal flame and a black (grand)father walks up w/ his (grand)son. Heard parts of the music I haven't heard before.

-"Adventures on Earth" from E.T. -

Intermission

-"Flight to Neverland" from Hook - Unless this was one of his fav's I don't know why it was in there (don't get me wrong, it was well performed. I just wanted to hear SW).

-Selection from Far And Away - County Galway, June 1892; The Fighting Donellys; Joseph and Shannon; Blowin' Off Steam (The Fight); Finale. This sounded great as well.

-Suite from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Hedwig's Theme; Fawke's The Phoenix; Nimbus 2000; Harry's Wonderous World.

-Theme from Schindler's List - A violin solo was set against the rest of the orchestra. It's amazing how the violin can conjure/convey feelings of loneliness, hurt and pain. This received a standing O. In the preamble to the piece, JW said that when SSpielberg had shown him the film, JW was so touched and emotionally upset that he couldn't speak and had to leave the room. When JW went back in, JW told SS that he needed a better composer. SS's reply:"I know, but they're all dead". It got a laugh out of the audience.

The last piece:
    -Main title from SW - I could see the yellow crawl go up and disappear, then that moment before the camera panned over to Tatooine and the Tantive IV and Devastator. I wished he had played more SW!

SW was the last item on the list, but JW came back out for an encore and played something from Indy's Last Crusade (not main theme though, missed title b/c audience was clapping). After that he performed the theme to NBC Nightly News, and that was it. Fireworks as we walked to our car.

Last fri I purchased NJO: Reunion and the Boba Fett books 1 and 2 from Scholastic (they didn't have 1, which I still need). After reading these I plan to get the newest Scholastic book w/ Yoda, Dooku, Qui-Gon and Obi and Ani.

For those of you that collect marketing pieces- I saw SW Galaxies posters being shipped to the local GameStop. The package was about 5ft tall.
    YVH-1 head

Stopped by my TRU this morning and lo and behold there were new items! I almost passed out!

I ended up only getting the Clone Trooper Army set, but they also had the Droid Army. Also they had the repainted Jedi Starfighter and the ?new? AAT tank. I say ?new? b/c it looks like the only redeco on this is the droid in the "exploded" mode.

Another curiosty was that the JS and AAT had printed on the back the UK distribution info. I've never seen this on a US toy before.

Over in LEGO, they had the UCS Naboo Starfighter, Super Battle Droid and Jango Fett on clearance.

Will return Fri for the Droid Army.

As a side note, I think all the CT's produced so far aren't that good and I'm waiting to get one that has articulation like a CommTech Stormie.
    YVH-1 head

As promised I returned to TRU today (I also made trips to WM and target who both had nothing new). Purchased the Destroyer Droid Launcher and the new J Starfighter.

Yesterday they had the battle droid army, but were out of it and the clone army packs. Also, between visits they cleared all the pegs of all the old '02 figs, which has been reported elsewhere on SSG. Hopefully this means that there are new figs in the pipeline. Another note is that my TRU has remerchandised just about the entire store, moving fixtures about.
    YVH-1 head