Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Newark/Wilmington DE

A couple of things from today...

I picked up my 2 framed posters and now have them hung. They look pretty good, and it really helps to cover up some blank wall. Looking at the new additions I was reminded of friends comments the first time they saw my collection, commenting that it looks like a museum.

I got SWG: Jump To Lightspeed today. A shelf label said it was 24.99 instead of the marked 29.99, so I got it since it was cheaper.

Stopped at TRU on way home. They had 1 VOTC Boba. Damn that looks good in the package! Picked up a silver Vader and "Defense Of Naboo" multi pack and headed to the register. I asked how much the Vader was and was told 9.99 (they were on pegs with the other VOTC figs). My order was rang up and since the Naboo pack was 19.99 I got Vader for free. Sweet. Almost bought the Playskool Stormtroopers just because they were cute looking.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Had a little bit of a hiccup looking for the just found. I like that it is in alphabetical order now.

This past Mon at WM I found 2 VOTC Stormies and a Vader. From there I went to TRU (at opening) and found another Stormie, plus OTC Lando and Lobot.

After work I travelled to the WM in Elkton (open 24 hours, the one I usually go to in New Castle isn't) to get the new U2. They didin't have any other fig's I needed, and I was told that someone comes in during the day to do the CD new releases. I walked out cursing WM (to myself).

Fast forward a couple days... Doing some cleaning up for Turkey Day, which I was hosting, I come across a bag. In it is a VOTC Vader and OTC Lobot that I purchased in Sept. D'oh!
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    Fast forward a couple days... Doing some cleaning up for Turkey Day, which I was hosting, I come across a bag. In it is a VOTC Vader and OTC Lobot that I purchased in Sept. D'oh!

I hate when that happens. Return the Lobot and keep the Vader to open
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I am definitely opening 1 of each and returning 1 of each. Since joining SSG I've gone from a mainly carded collector to an opener.
    YVH-1 head

At the KB in Concord Mall I found the exclusive Chewie 12". It was marked at 29.99, but rang up at 23.99; I'm guessing there was a sale or something. I didn't really care as long as I was paying less. Part of me thinks this is feakin' awesome (he is made to scale - he is actually about 15" tall, heads and shoulders above all the other 12". Haven't yet compared him to the taller Vader 12"), and part of me isn't too thrilled (he's kind of a one pose wonder as far as the legs go - legs are V crotch. Other then the legs he's got a fair amount of articulation: 2 legs, waist, torso, a little in the neck, [what appears to be] ball socket shoulders, "elbow", and wrist.) He comes holding his crossbow, rubberbanded to his hands. I left it as is seeing as how a lot of figs have some trouble holding their weapons.

Overall, pretty well done. I'm glad I have him.
    YVH-1 head

I've been getting behind in my SW and Spider-Man comics lately, so went into a shop I haven't been to before, but close to work. I didn't find all the comics I wanted but as I looked around I saw they had a bunch of other stuff. I found the Bossk and Gam Guard busts by GG. What astounded me was that he was selling them for $45 each. Needless to say, I got each one. If your reading this and need one, I think they have more. Drop me a PM.

Today I stopped by Borders and found the other comic I wanted, plus got the Yoda novel.
    YVH-1 head

Well, technically, I haven't found anything yet. Later today I'm going back to the place I got the 2 busts to get see about getting some cheap army builders. Their sale prices are getting progressively lower. Part of the reason I'm going is that some of my BD's legs are bending right over, like they're broken at the ankle or calf. Has this happened to any of you? Any recommendations on how to fix it?

This past week I opened my Geo War Room scene packs. Cool figs, with better detailing then I expected. Even Rune Haako (or Nute, I forget which one) has a resculpted head piece and cloak.

Ordered Inside The Worlds Of The OT from Amazon along with a gift for someone to get free shipping.
    YVH-1 head

I found the Ep 1 line at KB on Sun night (Amidala in victory gown, Wookiee Senator, Sly Moore and Pablo Jill) priced at 7.99. I almost passed them by because of that. The Amidala is missing a hand, I need to take it back.
    YVH-1 head

My buddy Paul, the ST freak, for Xmas gave me a vintage Escape From The Death Star board game, in very good condition. Very nice gift. He was my pollyanna. I had him also, I gave him a Warp 11 CD (a ST tribute band - they have 2 CD's avail on Target.com or at Amazon).
    YVH-1 head

Went back to that comic shop today as their sale was for 70% off SW stuff. I bought an used ST ship for Paul, 1 section of the Micro DS (from the '80's - it looks a little incomplete but I'm not sure), a 12" Bespin Luke from the Action Collection, and an used Dagobah playset.

I wanted to get a bunch of BD's (since I've been having problems with my POTJ versions), but the guy wouldn't budge on price.
    YVH-1 head